Darren Robinson to join as chief recruiter (Alan Nixon)

Day

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointed but not surprised if this means Gary is staying. That said, I’m glad we’re trying to be more organised about recruitment and this is a good move if he’s got the credentials. Not sure where he’s been so it’s not the most awe inspiring, but it’s something.

28 minutes ago, nottingram said:

The same Ryan Shotton that they sold for a massively higher fee than they bought him for and is first choice for a team above us in the league? ;)

The fact that a player under-performs at Derby means nothing.

The fact that a Derby fan doesn't rate a player means even less.

37 minutes ago, eddie said:

The fact that a player under-performs at Derby means nothing.

The fact that a Derby fan doesn't rate a player means even less.

In fact, further to that isn't Shotton an example of good recruitment?

Identified a player who was not finding success and was underused at another club, commanding a low fee, who proves to be more competent than anyone at old club realised, and successfully improves your team. 

47 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Disappointed but not surprised if this means Gary is staying. That said, I’m glad we’re trying to be more organised about recruitment and this is a good move if he’s got the credentials. Not sure where he’s been so it’s not the most awe inspiring, but it’s something.

Oh god.

I'm starting to get past caring with the thought of another year of dreary rowettball.

What does he have to do to get sacked?

2 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Great. ☹️

He hardly distinguished himself as a recruiter there. Ryan Shotton. Pah!

Birmingham had a wage cap i believe.

From memory it was 10k a week.

Who are you going to attract for that? Shotton has done well for himself since.

Wow, what a bunch we all are!!!

Moaning on one hand that the recruitment has been dire. So we get another chief of recruitment and we bring him down before he even gets the chance to prove himself here.

Surely any change in that department has to be a positive and give him a chance.

I am suprised anyone would want to come if they read these pages before they say yes.

22 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Wavering off main theme of the topic but I'm bloomin' sure that Burton Albion had a goalkeeper called Darren Robinson back in their Eton Park days... I wonder if this is the same guy?? @ronnieronalde??

Nope, you’re thinking of Dan Robinson. He’s now head of Burtons academy 

I hope they decide to utilise the loan market more. We have had success from that in the past. Martin, Ward, Thorne, Ince, Bent...the list goes on. Loans with permanent options gives players an incentive to come and earn a contract and play regular football.

We've focused recently on permanent deals for whatever season and have build up a huge squad of players on big contracts without motivation.

My thoughts exactly Fulham made two good loan signings ,and all the promoted clubs last year all had one Chelsea loanee .

Huddersfield had Palmer and most of the clubs had at least one or two .It's lower risk than buying and if you do get promoted it's an opportunity to mix the rebuild job with consolidation or change as you wish. 

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Oh god.

I'm starting to get past caring with the thought of another year of dreary rowettball.

What does he have to do to get sacked?

Don't worry ... he will get himself sacked. This is a movement of sandbags. The flood will arrive.

Archived