Darren Robinson to join as chief recruiter (Alan Nixon)

Day

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Christ there are some miserable gits on here! I would wager that most Derby fans have never heard of this bloke and have had to quickly google him just so they can moan about him.

Tell me about so many negative fans on here it's unreal. I guarantee 95 % of people on here have never heard of him. I certainly hadnt. 

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

I've got an idea. It's a bit revolutionary but let me run it up the flag anyway. How about we see what the fella can do before we slaughter him from the comfort of our armchairs?

Just a thought....

No! We've just lost to Burton Albion! Everything that the club says, doesn't say, does or doesn't do now is bad! (unless we beat Boro of course)

4 hours ago, eddie said:

I wrote reports on Lingard's performances while he was at Derby for one of the Manchester United websites. I'm sure that you can find them if you sniff around, but I was absolutely certain that he was a player of immense promise As far as now is concerned, he's holding down a first-team spot in one of the top 5 or 6 sides in Europe, and is already into double figures in full international caps.

Always looked a top talent to me. I thought Mac brought in some good loan players. 

15 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Indeed. And gives the stability we require as we progress forward.

Who are you calling 'stable'?

Sad thing is we will probably just get players from the championship and league one. Anyone could do that job.

i could have recruited better the last 3 years to fit our style of play and judging by a lot of people on here so could you lot.

On 4/18/2018 at 14:30, EnigmaRam said:

Sad thing is we will probably just get players from the championship and league one. Anyone could do that job.

i could have recruited better the last 3 years to fit our style of play and judging by a lot of people on here so could you lot.

Not far wrong there. 

On 18/04/2018 at 14:30, EnigmaRam said:

Easy to say X , X and X are good players , my lad could do that and he's 5. Getting them here with the right deal on the other hand is a different matter.

6 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Easy to say X , X and X are good players , my lad could do that and he's 5. Getting them here with the right deal on the other hand is a different matter.

Damn right it's easy. I and many others said it about Watkins for nearly 2 years. But no, he went to Brentford for a third of the price of Lawrence. Piece of piss this's scouting lark. Just open your eyes and expand out of Prem failures and champ journeymen.

4 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Damn right it's easy. I and many others said it about Watkins for nearly 2 years. But no, he went to Brentford for a third of the price of Lawrence. Piece of piss this's scouting lark. Just open your eyes and expand out of Prem failures and champ journeymen.

Wasn't Watkins the player referred to in the latest forum?

We were quoted £4m, walked away and he went to Brentford for £1.8m.

6 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Wasn't Watkins the player referred to in the latest forum?

We were quoted £4m, walked away and he went to Brentford for £1.8m.

He wasn't named but even if so we failed as a club did we not? Scouting and recruitment is rubbish here and has been for a few years.

Archived