Darren Robinson to join as chief recruiter (Alan Nixon)

Day

Getting someone around you who has got your back is always step 1b of your 90 day plan on taking up a new executive role (step 1a being to make sure you clear out all potential rivals), so this looks to me to purely be to shore up Gary Rowett's position.

That said - if another pair of eyes sees things Gary is missing and has the cojones to tell him straight then that might be a good thing!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

The world seems full of ex Rams who in the main are doing quite well elsewhere. Loanees in particular we seem to have trained really well, 

There are still some on here who think that Lingard is rubbish.

5 hours ago, Alpha said:

Who was bought for the Rowett Revolution? Shotton?

The same shotton who we sold to them for next to nothing who played well for them and got sold for a lot more and currently sits above us in the league

2 hours ago, JaguarRam said:

Goody goody.... Maybe he can find a 7 foot striker to wack the ball to.. That seems to be the current tactics..

It's all very good being one of Rowett's mates but does that make him good? 

I seriously hope he does find a 7 foot striker to whack the ball to especially if they can score lots of goals mind you we need someone to accurately cross the ball to him ⚽️

3 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Oh god.

I'm starting to get past caring with the thought of another year of dreary rowettball.

What does he have to do to get sacked?

Not have signed a three year contract I’d wager... I can’t see us being able to afford to get rid of Rowett this season regardless so he’s going to get the summer which worries me a little... especially if this recruiter has a similar philosophy On players...

24 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Do we have anything official? If he has ditched Notts so quick whats to say he won't ditch us when a bigger club comes calling. How much to buy out his contract. Sounds very fishy to me!

Judging by his reputation and record, no 'bigger club' will ever come calling for him. If this news is true, it would be very disappointing. Our recruitment really needs to be a lot better and if Rowett's friend was actually any good he would not be at League Two Notts County. 

39 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

The same shotton who we sold to them for next to nothing who played well for them and got sold for a lot more and currently sits above us in the league

So yeah, Shotton then. It was a genuine question:thumbsup:

53 minutes ago, curtains said:

Not you though hey Eddie. 

I wrote reports on Lingard's performances while he was at Derby for one of the Manchester United websites. I'm sure that you can find them if you sniff around, but I was absolutely certain that he was a player of immense promise As far as now is concerned, he's holding down a first-team spot in one of the top 5 or 6 sides in Europe, and is already into double figures in full international caps.

19 minutes ago, eddie said:

I wrote reports on Lingard's performances while he was at Derby for one of the Manchester United websites. I'm sure that you can find them if you sniff around, but I was absolutely certain that he was a player of immense promise As far as now is concerned, he's holding down a first-team spot in one of the top 5 or 6 sides in Europe, and is already into double figures in full international caps.

I don’t doubt you mate.  I’m only joking. 

He is a talent even if frustrating sometimes. 

McClaren had good players like that at his disposal even if expensive wage wise due to his Man U and England connections etc. 

Did not always start him at Derby though did he and he was often on the bench. 

I’ll search for it asi like reading your articles 

3 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Christ there are some miserable gits on here! I would wager that most Derby fans have never heard of this bloke and have had to quickly google him just so they can moan about him.

and according to the DET isn't signing for Derby in any case but will act on a consultancy basis. 

Archived