Jamie Hanson

EnigmaRam

21 minutes ago, Igorwasking said:

Well I would play him Saturday. He is mobile and can break up play. The only issue is it would have to be at Ledley’s expense - or play Ledley and foresake the quarterback tactics we enjoy when Huddlestone is playing.

Either way - a chance to change things in the middle - which we haven’t had the option to do since Thorne passed away (i’m right in saying that aren’t I?).

Huddlestone

Hanson                  Palmer

Lawrence

Nugent               Vydra

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an odd one because he'd not even been close to getting in the team. At 24 Dcfc should know whether he's good enough to play in the first team on a regular basis. If he's not, I don't really understand the logic of giving him a contract because at the moment you can't even describe him as backup. That privilege goes to Bradley Johnson or George Thorne. 

Saying all that, I'd like to see him given more than five mins here or there because we don't really know whether he's good enough as he has never had a run of games to prove himself. In the current setup, he should be ahead of GT and BJ as first sub for Ledley or Huddz. 

It makes sense if GR is going to utilise him properly, but seeing as he's shown no inclination to play him this season I'm not sure that's the case.

1 hour ago, sage said:

This only makes a modicum of sense if we loan him out next season as he is currently miles off the first team.

Miles off the 1st team? A 1st team cast aside by Jake Buxton and crew? 

Hanson would walk into the Burton team and be a standout player. If he was playing against us in that team on Saturday a lot would suggest us to sign him because our so called 1st team can't be arsed.

Plenty of teams wanted him in January so at the very least we’ll fetch a fee for him. (Friend is a scout for a champs club) 

Would rather him in the middle than Ledley/ Johnson etc. 

It took him 30 seconds against wolves to do what no one else thought to do and leave one in on Neves... 

12 minutes ago, Pottig said:

Did you see the performance against Burton?

Yes and it is ridiculous to say ooh let's have someone better than that, because other than Sunderland we are already better than that,

How many times have you seen Hanson play?

Presuming you are going to pair him with Huddlstone, what are you going to do with Ledley, Thorne, Johnson, Bryson and Butterfield?

How many of them is he better than?

Is he better than Callum Guy?

33 minutes ago, sage said:

How many times have you seen Hanson play?

Presuming you are going to pair him with Huddlstone, what are you going to do with Ledley, Thorne, Johnson, Bryson and Butterfield?

How many of them is he better than?

Is he better than Callum Guy?

I doubt he's better than Guy. But I imagine his attitude is what Rowett chooses firstly - Bruiser, who could say no...

Archived