Jamie Hanson

EnigmaRam

42 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well his wages aren't free and he's not shown much, but I guess that's where we are for the 1st team.

So maybe we should get a few people from the crowd to sit on the bench/play as long as they were happy to receive any money? Maybe ask them to take the kit home and wash it as well? Bring their own refreshments, is a definite. Maybe we should sign a Bradley Johnson? Spunk another £6m and his wages? Bringing wages into it is the worst argument against a youth player signing a new contract.

He has not shown much? What were you expecting from Hanson, a tough tackling, defensive minded player? The passing and movement of Hughes and Hendrick? The pinpoint long range passing of Huddlestone? FFS it is like comparing Bryson with Baird.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, rynny said:

I did indeed, and he has started 2 games in a row 6 times.

14/15

Norwich (1-1) and Boro (0-1)

15/16

Charlton (1-1) & Boro (1-1)

Brentford (3-1) & Blackburn (1-0)

Huddersfield (2-0) & QPR (0-2)

Forest (1-0) & Cardiff (1-2)

16/17

West Brom (2-1) & Leeds (0-1)

Each 2 game run through injuries/suspensions most likely.

Scored the equaliser v Norwich on his debut, forgot about that. 

I’m happy with his extension. It offers us something slightly different in midfield and for low cost.

However, if he’s to have a long term career with us I’m not sure where he’d fit in. Utitlty player? Just from looking at the 23s and 18s, there’s Bogle at RB, Elsnik, Bird and possibly even Guy at CM who arguably have more potential. 

Hopefully, he now has the opportunity and motivation to fight his way into the team and kick on with his career :)

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

As I said - *why* not more? The pathway was blocked... right.

Go ask Clement, Wassall, Pearson, McClaren and Rowett why. Might have something to do with £6m spent on Johnson, £4m on Butterfield, expectations on getting promoted and managers not willing to develop Hanson (and others).

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

Go ask Clement, Wassall, Pearson, McClaren and Rowett why. Might have something to do with £6m spent on Johnson, £4m on Butterfield, expectations on getting promoted and managers not willing to develop Hanson (and others).

And yet Hughes and Hendrick played?

Of course it's to do with expectations, as we shall see.

I have no problem with Jamie Hanson, I think he has the potential to be a good player. 

My issue here is with Rowett, who could've shown some faith and actually played him this season, but hasn't. Even throughout our incredible collapse he hasn't had a look in as Rowett continued with the old, slow midfield he's played all season. 

Rowett has shown no intention of giving him a run of games to prove himself, so why has he given him a new contract?

The main issue I have is that Ledley, Hudds and johnson have all been out injured or suspended and Thorne been playing like a bag of potatoes so if they deem him good enough for a new contract why not play him to see whether he can cut it. Then offer the contract.

i wouldn't buy a car, sign up to a 3 year finance deal and not even test drive it to see if it can do the job I want.

id love him to be good enough and replace an over 30 has been but I simply don't see it. Nor is he better than elsnick and guy in my opinion so I really don't get it. If we are short of cash like keeps being mentioned savings on players that don't play are required.

1 hour ago, PodgeyRam said:

I have no problem with Jamie Hanson, I think he has the potential to be a good player. 

My issue here is with Rowett, who could've shown some faith and actually played him this season, but hasn't. Even throughout our incredible collapse he hasn't had a look in as Rowett continued with the old, slow midfield he's played all season. 

Rowett has shown no intention of giving him a run of games to prove himself, so why has he given him a new contract?

Hasn't Hanson been injured and not available until recently?

4 hours ago, David said:

22 year old footballer, gets home having had his new contract announced by the club, shares the news himself on Instagram and.....

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 08.42.36.png

Now as a footballer on social media he like all other players will have to get used to this, as Billy Davies once or twice said, it is what it is. Doesn't make it right though does it. 

I keep reading though that as fans we are prepared to give our youth a chance, has Jamie had a chance? as Rynny pointed out earlier and I assume he's fact checked this but 2 games in a row is all he has had. 2 games, is that a chance in todays game?

Not every player to come out the academy will be on par with Will Hughes and Jeff Hendrick, if that is the level they will all be held to then we may as well give up now. 

Admittedly he is a little on the older side now for a player to breakthrough, but can't help but feel if we signed 22 year old Jamie Hanson from Man Utd or his name was Omar Mascarell from Real Madrid oooh la la, in the summer we would be talking about great potential and what a player we could have on our hands. Great to see Gary scouting younger players for a change and bringing in young talent. 

Problem Jamie has is similar to Mason Bennett, they feel like they have been around the club for years yet never broke through, so they must be "****", what we fail to realise is that Hanson made his debut at the end of the 14/15 season. The following summer we spent a lot of money on players that had this forum in awe of the quality at the time. No way was Jamie going to be able to fight into the first team, the manager at the time showed little interest in the younger players.

Promotion expectations have risen since, understandably so with the money spent and Jamie has had a lot of experienced players ahead of him to fight for a place in the team. The pathway to the first team has been blocked. 

I've said it before, the average tenure of a manager in the Championship was 0.95 years in 16/17, it's understandable why so many opt for experienced players over trying youth. The only way managers would be more willing is if they were given time, well, let's not even go there. 

Fail to go up this season, Jamie may get his chance with the new direction, he might be League One at best, Jack of all trades and master of none but wouldn't it be nice if he was given a fair chance before capping his career limit at a league below with a cheap throwaway insult to a player that has done little wrong to deserve that.

whoever nat middleton 91 is, I hope he is proud of his worthwhile contribution. Why do we seem to have lost the ability to actually support some of our young players rather than rush to throw them under a bus?

How did he got on when on loan at Wigan? Can’t remember hearing any great things about it at the time, but injuries might have been involved. 

Posters are right to point out that he shouldn’t be held to the standards of Hendrick and Hughes. Especially when he doesn’t play in the same position. The big problem is, by this time, I’m worried that we still don’t know what position he suits best. ?

17 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

How did he got on when on loan at Wigan? Can’t remember hearing any great things about it at the time, but injuries might have been involved. 

Posters are right to point out that he shouldn’t be held to the standards of Hendrick and Hughes. Especially when he doesn’t play in the same position. The big problem is, by this time, I’m worried that we still don’t know what position he suits best. ?

I suspect he may we’ll be at the same standard they were, when they had the same first team experience.

We are all kidding ourselves if we think Hughes, Hendrick, or even Huddlestone were polished performers when they had 50 first team games under their belts.

Just now, Igorwasking said:

I suspect he may we’ll be at the same standard they were, when they had the same first team experience.

We are all kidding ourselves if we think Hughes, Hendrick, or even Huddlestone were polished performers when they had 50 first team games under their belts.

And you're kidding yourself if you think Hanson will be half as good as any of those.

Archived