Jamie Hanson

EnigmaRam

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can imagine the outcry if he left on a free and became successful at another club. I remain to be convinced that he has what it takes to be a top championship player however don’t think that this is anything that any other manager would have done any differently and not a stick to beat GR with imo.

I am surprised at this but mainly with the player as I thought he would have wanted to actually play because I can’t see him doing much of that at Derby, he has been around ages but only gets a sniff when all the left backs were injured and he stepped in for a few games over a couple of seasons ( where he obviously looked well dodgy but not his fault) apart from a few minutes as a sub here and there

If he's signed the next deal then he has to play. It doesn't bother me we've given him a new deal, it's just the fact we haven't or aren't using him.. Seems a bit pointless. 

For a few weeks now I've been saying that he'd be a good foil for Huddlestone, one thing you know you'll get with Hanson is he'll tackle and put himself about. We need some legs in the middle, he'd be a worth a shot especially now we've got him for at least another two years. 

3 minutes ago, cosmic said:

The forum has smelt blood and it’s time to lay into a young lad from our academy on the fringes of our first team. 

Give the lad a chance. He’s never had the chance to have a proper run in the team!

He isn't that good. He's league one at best. No offence, but he just isn't. And he's 22 right? Hrs hardly the future, his stature is small, and he's hardly had a good game.

It makes sense to me that if we are planning to let some of our more expensive players go that the 'fringe' players that replace them will be

i) on lower salary

ii) less likely to be unhappy with being a regular sub and very occasional starter.

I think that Jamie meets both those criteria at the moment. If and when he becomes unhappy with that we'd probably sell him for a modest fee.

At least he's young enough to still have potentialisted to improve. 

TobyWanKenobi
8 minutes ago, cosmic said:

He’s never had the chance to have a proper run in the team!

Apart from that time he did?

I personally don't think he's good enough for the first team, but as a back-up fringe player - yes, why not, he's not on a big money.

I am still not sure what's his position in the team: DM? or CB? or RB?

He is a sort of utility player.

However I still remember well how he scored that goal against Norwich on his debut.

That was a very nice shoot from him.

7 hours ago, sage said:

This only makes a modicum of sense if we loan him out next season as he is currently miles off the first team.

I think we are in a financial mess. We are going to have the purge the squad of quite a few senior pros if we are to get the wages under control.

Hanson is presumably cheap. He is the right age to make the first team. We need to give these young players the opportunity, and if they are not good enough then get rid. 

hanson has to demonstrate what his real position is. He's been a jack of all trades.

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

I think we are in a financial mess. We are going to have the purge the squad of quite a few senior pros if we are to get the wages under control.

We can't purge what no-one wants.

Plus it's easy to stick with a workman-like (at best) Hanson than find better youth?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

We can't purge what no-one wants.

Plus it's easy to stick with a workman-like (at best) Hanson than find better youth?

It certainly won't be easy. We are going to have to offer some moves on free transfers or low fees. 

We should be looking for better, but we don't really know what his level is yet.

at least he kicks people. 

He should try and live up to his nickname. 

Why are we wasting our time on a young academy product that wants to play for Derby more than anything and has always given his all?

We don't want players 100% committed. We need players who look good sometimes and at others look hopeless, preferably on massive wages.

Gary doesn't want players who play to instructions and will gel together as a team. He wants players who stand off opposition and let them play, as I read on here that was his tactics.

He's one of our own.

Imagine if we all sung that to him when he starts on Saturday and make a great tackle or fizzes one over the bar, rather than all whining as he overhits his first pass due to a few nerves.

I'd be happy next season with Hanson, Thomas, Lowe and Elsnick in the starting 11.

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

You regularly sink much lower.

FFS he's shown little besides being able to kick players. It's not about being from the Academy, its about being good enough. Hughes, Huddlestone. Hendrick they were good enough.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

FFS he's shown little besides being able to kick players. It's not about being from the Academy, its about being good enough. Hughes, Huddlestone. Hendrick they were good enough.

What about his dead ball , passing range and work rate and obviously the odd strong tackle.

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh come on. Is that how far we've sunk?

Yes.

my remark was tongue in cheek, but it would have been nice to see someone stick a boot on Maddison.

we should also look for young players of quality. I suggested dan crowley last summer. 

Archived