Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County

RiddingsRam

1 minute ago, wixman1884 said:

My posts are less a disappointment with our result tonight, and more a general disappointment overall. While we were far from perfect in that brief purple patch last year, I still had more enjoyment and pride in the club than I do now. I've not been this disinterested in the club since mid-late clough era and that's extraordinary with us being 5th in the league right now. 

I'm going to take a little break from watching games and venting on here for a couple of weeks and see if that helps.

You have all summer to do that! 

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, wixman1884 said:

My posts are less a disappointment with our result tonight, and more a general disappointment overall. While we were far from perfect in that brief purple patch last year, I still had more enjoyment and pride in the club than I do now. I've not been this disinterested in the club since mid-late clough era and that's extraordinary with us being 5th in the league right now. 

I'm going to take a little break from watching games and venting on here for a couple of weeks and see if that helps.

Mate there's no need for that, is there? I understand exactly how you feel. Folk tend to forget how pissed off I was when we sacked Mac just because I've chosen to try and back Rowett. We'd all prefer free-flowing football but we are where we are, I guess. 

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

I can understand both of your points because we seem to replace our best players with inferior versions. However, as good as Vydra has been, he makes us predictable to play against. When he doesn’t score, he doesn’t do as much as a number 10 should. He also restricts us to playing 4–2-3-1 as he doesn’t suit a 4-3-3. I think would he be ok in a diamond formation like he was at Watford but we don’t have the wing backs to provide width.

I made a whole thread on this a few weeks back and was widely ridiculed for it. Glad someone else sees it! 

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

Mate there's no need for that, is there? I understand exactly how you feel. Folk tend to forget how pissed off I was when we sacked Mac just because I've chosen to try and back Rowett. We'd all prefer free-flowing football but we are where we are, I guess. 

Oh I didn't mean to sound so dramatic -  I just find myself rewording the same post on here over and over again, and it's not really productive. I'll still be paying attention, but just want to take a break from it all and come back to it with fresh eyes in a few weeks. It just all feels like a bit mess right now. 

To be frank i feel worse after this defeat than i did after the Sunderland trouncing But tonight has show p 2 things A)The poor quality of our squad and abysmal playing tactics B) The massive difference in class between us and Wolves. Icant remember the time when i have seen so many backwards passes .Reading between the lines it seems Mel has decidedthat hes wasted enough money trying to get to the Prem,which begs the question will/would Rowett be the right manager to bring on young players and my feeling is a definite NO.i saw my first Rams game back in 1950 and for the first time since then I hope Burton beat us on saturday it will do then a favour and at the same time hopefully safe us  from a play-off thrashing

6 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

Oh I didn't mean to sound so dramatic -  I just find myself rewording the same post on here over and over again, and it's not really productive. I'll still be paying attention, but just want to take a break from it all and come back to it with fresh eyes in a few weeks. It just all feels like a bit mess right now. 

Fair do's mate :thumbsup:

Wolves fan in peace 

This thread has been a breath of fresh air to read – not just because of all the things your fans have said about how good our team is … but the sense of sportsmanship and fair play you’re showing that you rarely see when reading opposition forums.

An off-night tonight, but what really matters is doing it the play-offs themselves.

Even if you don’t win them, just remember that things can change very quickly in football, we’ve been nowhere near it the previous two seasons, and in League One not so long ago.

I will be routing for you in the play-offs. 

All the best for the rest of the season.

7 hours ago, Simsy said:

Maybe Mel is seeing derby in 5th place when most expected lower.  I'm certainly ok with our league position!

Fair play to you Simsy and anybody else happy with our performance last night. Myself, I’m still embarrassed this morning how we played last night.If this manager is the future of DCFC I see nothing to be optimistic about. His tactics and approach to the game was shameful in my opinion but hey, that’s all it is, my opinion.

For some reason I got up this morning and for some reason I don’t feal totally deflated as I normally do. I expected what we got and in the first half feared worse. 

With that out of the way we need to move on, I thought that we looked like Bolton did against us on Saturday although wolves looked like a Prem team 

learn and move is what I say. Need to win on Saturday, sorry Burton I think we will put you down or as good as.

9 hours ago, AdamRam said:

I think you will find the vast majority want to get back to enjoying watching Derby, it’s not about naming a replacement manger as people are not in a position to know who is available, and who would want to come etc....

GRs brand of footbal over the season,  even in the two games we have won recently has been awful, the Wolves games is just an accumulation of games where we have been set up to be negative, and most people can’t see it getting better any time soon.

Nigel Clough Football was turgid..... yet he garners high praise on here.

Would you be happy if we were 20th and playing excellent football? 

The TV generation has an affect on this thinking of Football having to be absolutely perfect.

8 hours ago, Andicis said:

There is a certain player at reading named Chris who would certainly be better than what Jerome has to offer. I think we could try other systems to be honest, we could even do a 4-4-2 with a striker to knock down to Vydra, like Watford used to play, I just don't think that we will.

He's hardly pulling up trees at Reading...

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

He's hardly pulling up trees at Reading...

i would like to see a martin vydra partnership, i know martin aint done much at reading but jerome aint at derby! darren bent is better then what jerome is at least bent and martin have achually got a footballing brain, jeromes just useful for running but he not as quick as rowett was thinking he was! 

9 hours ago, Alpha said:

Well I never wanted him so for me its not like a reaction to bad results. Mac 1 should never have been sacked. After that mistake then Wassall should not have been sacked. Clement shouldn't have been sacked. Pearson shouldn't have been hired because he didn't fit the style we had or the direction we wanted. Mac probably shouldn't have been hired because when the horse has bolted etc.

Then he shouldn't have been sacked and Rowett shouldn't have been hired.

Mac, Wassall, Clement were not perfect. But they kind of fitted in with what we had and where we wanted to go. Yeah there were bumps. But there always always will be. 

I mean we hired Clement, a young inexperienced rookie but were not prepared or in a position for rookie errors. 

We asked Wassall to turn the clock back but gave him no time. Another rookie that was expected to do too much too quick.

Ok, ok. We've made mistakes. So in comes.... Pearson. The exact opposite of everything that came before. Do we give him time to change stuff? No. Imo he should never had the job so I was glad he was sacked as it meant we can put mistakes behind us. In comes Mac. We go from struggling to looking at play offs and then he's sacked. WTF was he hired for? What was he sacked for?

So then we go to a more humble version of Nigel Pearson. 

For me, I see us completely lost.

We build a house and then just when it's time for the roof we tear it down and start again. Bungalow? Nah, tear it down. 3 bed? Nah. Bungalow please.

I see Rowett not here as a man to build on anything. But to start completely from scratch. And as I didn't rate him before he arrived I still don't think he's the man now. 

I've really wanted to see him build his own house but I just can't see anything other than a really drab garage. 

Maybe you can. I'm glad it's not my decision. 

But if it was my decision then we'd never have gotten to this stage. We'd be on Mac 1 up until the point the play offs are out of reach by a good few points. Then I'd be looking for a similar styled manager who will not demand a brand new squad but can add to what is already here. He's get, barring a disaster, a few transfer windows. He wouldn't get sacked after 20 games 

Exactly what I have been trying to say about our club over the last few years, only you put it much better. 

Still don't know exactly what we are building this week. I think we are downsizing, so maybe a 1 bed starter home is the current project.

48 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Nigel Clough Football was turgid..... yet he garners high praise on here.

Would you be happy if we were 20th and playing excellent football? 

The TV generation has an affect on this thinking of Football having to be absolutely perfect.

Why would we finish 20th playing football the way it was meant to be played? We haven’t finished that low, even taking account our dreadful start last year for seasons. 

I think Nigel gets a lot of praise for the squad he built, the football became stale over time, however the players he brought in gave the foundations for SM to  build on.  GR is building them same foundations so I can see why you picked NC for the similarities, bringing in young hungry players, not these ex-prem players who are towards the twilight years of their careers....oh wait....

Sorry forgot to address your TV comment - in what way, Derby as a football club has in the main always been associated with a brand of football that is nice on the eye, it’s never perfect but compared to what we are seeing now it’s at least enjoyable.

21 minutes ago, Igorwasking said:

The last three games the world has seen us play is Sunderland, PNE and Wolves. Don’t think we will have won over any neutrals.

Quite the opposite, in fact. Neutrals love a bit of derring-do, a bit of have-a-go spirit. What they will have seen last night was a team and a manager paying no attention to scoring goals and simply trying to keep the score down.

At times like this I am reminded of the scene at the end of the Lion in Winter when Geoffrey says: 'As if it matters how a man falls.' and Richard replies: 'When the fall is all there is, it matters.'

5 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Quite the opposite, in fact. Neutrals love a bit of derring-do, a bit of have-a-go spirit. What they will have seen last night was a team and a manager paying no attention to scoring goals and simply trying to keep the score down.

At times like this I am reminded of the scene at the end of the Lion in Winter when Geoffrey says: 'As if it matters how a man falls.' and Richard replies: 'When the fall is all there is, it matters.'

I’m confused? So you think we will have won over the neutrals?

Archived