Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County

RiddingsRam

3 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

They have not got a clue, ask them who they want and they say nothing, Wolves are very good at this level, so let's see were we end up at the end of the season, if we get in the playoffs, then it's been a good first season for Mr Rowett.

Mate,it's not the results that pisses everyone off its the performances....we could be mid table for me if I could see us developing and establishing a recognisable pattern of play.

But it's just not happening,the football,after a blip in the middle of the season,has just regressed and regressed until it's really difficult to see what we are trying to do with the team.

Are you seriously and genuinely happy with our progress?

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Andicis said:

Explain, how was that Vydra's fault? Is it Matej's fault that the ball is sent 10 metres in front of him, rather than to his feet? Is it Matej's fault that Derby don't create chances for him? Is it Matej's fault he has no player to pass to because nobody moves into space?

You've read the post wrong. I'm not slating Vydra and saying anything is his fault. What I am saying is that Vydra looks disinterested because the fact that you pointed out that nobody is on his wavelength. 

He's the best player on the team IMO and we don't play to his strengths which must be very frustrating for him. 

6 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I think you will find the vast majority want to get back to enjoying watching Derby, it’s not about naming a replacement manger as people are not in a position to know who is available, and who would want to come etc....

GRs brand of footbal over the season,  even in the two games we have won recently has been awful, the Wolves games is just an accumulation of games where we have been set up to be negative, and most people can’t see it getting better any time soon.

So what brand of football would you like? The 4 3 3 that failed year after year?  The passing sideways and backwards football?

This is rowetts first full season and being hard to beat direct football is fine by me. Worked for teams like burnley.  Seasons not over yet could work for us still.

3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Oh my...... see the Rowett out brigade are in full flow..... 

Who do you want guys? Genuine question

With all due respect why would we want him to stay, please sow some seeds of hope.

I have watched agame of football this evening that from a Derby County point of view was truly atrocious and apparently I’m suppose to accept that and what’s more heap praise on the person who was instrumental in that!

who are we kidding here, he has to be the most tactically inept manager in the championship and appears to actually be in such a delusional frame of mind that it will not change any time soon.

In answer to your post, I actually would prefer managerial stability but not if we have to spend our leisure time watching the dross we are currently viewing.

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Mark Warburton, Marco Silva, Michael Laudrup, Steve McClaren, Paul Hurst.

Jesus, all of them have plenty of weak points, I would choose Rowett over any of these, Gary has a very hard job on his hands the moment he walked into the club, unhappy dressing room, players coming in getting paid silly amounts of money, to many egos, but Gary has already started to sort this out believe me, all the above would not have done any better, infact Mac started some of the problems, and Mel now knows, that the club was in a big mess, and given time Rowett will sort it out. 

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Mate,it's not the results that pisses everyone off its the performances....we could be mid table for me if I could see us developing and establishing a recognisable pattern of play.

But it's just not happening,the football,after a blip in the middle of the season,has just regressed and regressed until it's really difficult to see what we are trying to do with the team.

Are you seriously and genuinely happy with our progress?

Can you change tactics or manager at this late stage of the season? We are not in a bad position.

1 minute ago, CHCDerby said:

It wasn't even men against boys out there.

I know Vydra has scored loads of goals this season which shows what a quality player he is. But you only need to see his body language and you can see he ain't interested.

Think he knows his qualities are wasted chasing shadows. Thats Nugent and Weiman's game. The ball needs moving quickly for him to do anything, which he tried, and did make some opportunities, bu everything around him was played so slowly. Thought his body language was abit better today though to be honest. Easier to take getting beaten by a better team than some of our more recent defeats. 

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

A lot of people blaming effort but I think it was perhaps the tactics and that we hadn’t planned on having to score.

the idea was, I think, to let them come forward. They don’t often shoot on sight do they? They build and that’s what we wanted. To catch them over committing. 

Unfortunately they scored and then didn’t bother committing men forward. They were happy to stroll through the next 85 mins. They didn’t gift wrap counter attacks and we have never been very good at building attacks through an opponent.

i think what looked lazy was just bewilderment 

I agree completely and I think it's in no small part down to how Rowett sets up against three at the back. He's set up to have our wide players track the opposition wing backs. This means that we effectively pen ourselves in because Lawrence and Wiemann end up having to come super deep consequently our only 'out' is through Nugent or Vydra who are outnumbered by the three centre backs. This combined with playing 6 dedicated defensive players leave us no way to break. To make things worse they always have a centre half free so they can easily shift the ball around in midfield because Nugent/Vydra can't close them all down. 

Rowett just doesn't seem to get to grips against teams who play 3 at the back, particularly if they look after the ball 

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

That young, exciting, attacking team didn't get anywhere. The reason we're in this situation is because of their failures.

Good thinking. 

Playing 11 male humans didn't get us anywhere either. That's what got us into this mess. We should try playing with 6 cows 4 goats and a toaster instead. 

3 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Get a ******* grip lads.  Wolves are just too good for this league.   What do you expect? Try attack more and get battered 5 0? 

Ok we accept your premise my friend no argument about the quality of Wolves but did we even truly attempt to give it a go set up for a 0-0 went out the door in 6 minutes to some dreadful defending ... again and then what followed was a tepid display more trying to not get humiliated than even having a go ... with that in mind what have you seen that suggested that this was a one off performance ... Preston we were grinding out another boring game that we got lucky in, the Sunderland game well nothing to say about that ... the Leeds game we got lucky Bristol City no firepower ... please give us something that you believe we can positively take away from the last 3 months ... and whilst we are at it the last 4 years .... we have had 4 seasons that have gone the same way each time ..... we have sold Ince Hughes Hendricks ... and replaced them with Ledley Lawrence and Huddlestone... I really feel I could go on but if I did that I feel I’d crawl into a corner and rock myself gently till the pain went away 

6 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

They have not got a clue, ask them who they want and they say nothing, Wolves are very good at this level, so let's see were we end up at the end of the season, if we get in the playoffs, then it's been a good first season for Mr Rowett.

Most of us want Rowett to get it right, that's the ideal situation here. Does anybody really want another rebuild/overhaul with another managers idea's?! I don't think so. The point is he's making it so hard for people to get onboard with his ideas with performances like that which have been frequent this year. 

Now you can answer my question and not dance around it like others have tonight, were you genuinely happy with that performance? 

9 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Jesus, all of them have plenty of weak points, I would choose Rowett over any of these, Gary has a very hard job on his hands the moment he walked into the club, unhappy dressing room, players coming in getting paid silly amounts of money, to many egos, but Gary has already started to sort this out believe me, all the above would not have done any better, infact Mac started some of the problems, and Mel now knows, that the club was in a big mess, and given time Rowett will sort it out. 

They're all way better managers than Rowett, with a strong philosophy of playing football and promoting youth. Gary is getting rid of the players getting paid silly amounts of money? Cameron Jerome. Don't try tell me is isn't on a high wage. How is he going to sort it out? He isn't building for the future, he is signing short term players, and we ain't good in the short term. Do you even know anything about Paul Hurst? How is it clueless to imply Rowett is not taking us forwards? Is it clueless to point out dwindling attendances? 

5 minutes ago, Simsy said:

So what brand of football would you like? The 4 3 3 that failed year after year?  The passing sideways and backwards football?

This is rowetts first full season and being hard to beat direct football is fine by me. Worked for teams like burnley.  Seasons not over yet could work for us still.

Personally, I'd like the 4-3-3. I want to see us 'going for it'

1 minute ago, Simsy said:

I want to see a team that passes the ball on the deck, I don’t care what formation is used, I dont care if it fails year after year, at least I can enjoy the football.

Not sure what his first full season has to do with it, he has played this brand throughout his managerial career.

3 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

The gulf in tactics was even more obvious 

Yes tactically Wolves made Derby look like a team from a lower division. It wasn't just tactics though. We were so very poor in every area, the team seemed to be just going through the motions. No Keogh tonight but the defence was a joke for the first goal. Our midfield was so pedestrian and lacking in energy it was unbelievable. Nugent is no longer a threat at this level, but our only option Jerome is even worse. 

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Explain, how was that Vydra's fault? Is it Matej's fault that the ball is sent 10 metres in front of him, rather than to his feet? Is it Matej's fault that Derby don't create chances for him? Is it Matej's fault he has no player to pass to because nobody moves into space?

Unfortunately it is Vydra's fault when he's not supporting Huddelstone and Lesley, it is his fault whenever he hides behind opposition players rather than supporting Nugent who's by himself on the ball, it is his fault that he's not getting hold of the ballot and creating for others, it is partly his fault we have a non existent midfield, it is his fault that we expect the stricker to run around all over the place for 90 mins because Vydra doesn't really do it. 

Its not all his fault obviously, but there's a huge question mark over what he's currently contributing for large periods of the game. When was the last time we thought he had played really well?

Just now, TuffLuff said:

Unfortunately it is Vydra's fault when he's not supporting Huddelstone and Lesley, it is his fault whenever he hides behind opposition players rather than supporting Nugent who's by himself on the ball, it is his fault that he's not getting hold of the ballot and creating for others, it is partly his fault we have a non existent midfield, it is his fault that we expect the stricker to run around all over the place for 90 mins because Vydra doesn't really do it. 

Its not all his fault obviously, but there's a huge question mark over what he's currently contributing for large periods of the game. When was the last time we thought he had played really well?

When was the last time we had enough possession to give him fair chances to create things? Criticising Vydra is incredibly unfair. He doesn't run around like a headless chicken like Nugent, but he does close down the ball, he does put a shift in. He doesn't hide as you suggest. When was the last time the team player really well?

2 minutes ago, europia said:

Yes tactically Wolves made Derby look like a team from a lower division. It wasn't just tactics though. We were so very poor in every area, the team seemed to be just going through the motions. No Keogh tonight but the defence was a joke for the first goal. Our midfield was so pedestrian and lacking in energy it was unbelievable. Nugent is no longer a threat at this level, but our only option Jerome is even worse. 

In fairness the midfield were outnumbered because the wolves centre back could easily step up and Nugent was completely stranded and had no service.

14 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

I know Vydra has scored loads of goals this season which shows what a quality player he is. But you only need to see his body language and you can see he ain't interested.

I don't agree with that. I do think he becomes frustrated.

Archived