Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County

RiddingsRam

Nothing lost. 

Did anyone but the extremely optimistic fan really honestly believe we would get anything at Wolves.

We need to beat Burton and stay in the top six.

As along as we beat or match the teams below us the playoffs beckon, then its anyone's game

Chin up lads and lasses

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, curtains said:

Hanson came on last night.

Thomas last Saturday.

Do you want Rowett to play all the U23s I mean where are they against the likes of Chelsea U23s etc  

Goal differnce is worth an extra point to Derby at the moment in a top 6 push. 

I don't want Rowett to play an entire team of under 23s (although it probably be more entertaining than watching the seniors). 

I just want him to throw off the shackles and just once actually go for it if the situation requires it. 

A point is worth an extra point as well. 

1 hour ago, curtains said:

Why can’t people understand Wolves are at the moment better than Derby. 

I can accept that but bare in mind Forest and Villa have hammered this Wolves team this season. Lets not pretend they're unbeaten this season... I would have been fine losing if we'd actually given a good account of themselves. It was like watching a conference team play Man City reserves. 

1 hour ago, curtains said:

There is a difference between showing fight and being outplayed. 

Do you think Barcelona showed no fight against Roma or Man City showed no fight against Liverpool.

I don't know, Curtains. I didn't watch either.

I thought Lawrence, Huddlestone fought hard last night.

Vydra's head was down and being shaken after ten minutes; Weimann and Nugent's closing down to me was less apparent than usual - I think the players thought they would lose and it showed.

You know when clubs with less skill than us come to Pride Park and play ugly, get in our faces, let us know they are there physically, knock us out of our stride? I saw none of that last night from us to Wolves. Disappointing, really.

I got in late last night and haven't read any reports or comments or the match thread yet so I've no idea what others thought of our performance, but that's how I saw it at the ground.

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Vydra's head was down and being shaken after ten minutes; Weimann and Nugent's closing down to me was less apparent than usual - I think the players thought they would lose and it showed.

You know when clubs with less skill than us come to Pride Park and play ugly, get in our faces, let us know they are there physically, knock us out of our stride? I saw none of that last night from us to Wolves. Disappointing, really.

I got in late last night and haven't read any reports or comments or the match thread yet so I've no idea what others thought of our performance, but that's how I saw it at the ground.

Vydra pxssed me off last night. 

Shoulders shrugged and shaking his head after 1 misplaced pass. He continually lost the ball and went down easy trying to win freekicks. I'd have dragged him off at half time. 

I paid £25 to sit in the home stand and have to listen to grown men giggle every time somebody shouted shoot when Neves had the ball in his own half. Compounded by watching our most dangerous player strut around not-arsed. 

18 minutes ago, angieram said:

Good on you going supporting the Rams. 

Worried about Vydra for Saturday as he looked injured when he came off. 

The Rams weren’t great last night but Wolves showed their quality. 

16 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Shoulders shrugged and shaking his head after 1 misplaced pass. He continually lost the ball and went down easy trying to win freekicks. I'd have dragged him off at half time. 

I paid £25 to sit in the home stand and have to listen to grown men giggle every time somebody shouted shoot when Neves had the ball in his own half. Compounded by watching our most dangerous player strut around not-arsed. 

So pretty much the view often levelled at Martin In his time ? Is it because they care and are frustrated or just can’t be arsed ? 

12 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I think the biggest problem re: Vydra is that there’s usually a big gap between him and the DM’s. On balance it’s not maybe his fault fully (although as I was saying last night, there are things for the team he could/should be doing better) because I would have thought he’s been told to push forward but it causes a big problem in regards to link up because we rely on Huddlestone’s long ball over the top and a bigger problem in leaving gaps to be exploited 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Good on you going supporting the Rams. 

Worried about Vydra for Saturday as he looked injured when he came off. 

The Rams weren’t great last night but Wolves showed their quality. 

No doubt they have quality. Their loans they may buy outright for next season, if so I reckon they’ll stay up comfortably. We, me included, may be being a little unfair in our criticism against such opponents. I thought Lawrence worked hard showed some good skill but as has been alluded to it stunk of damage limitation from the off. Towards the end I’ve never been so disinterested, like so many of the players I felt. Deflated with my team in 5th! Weird. 

Well I don't want promotion if that performance last night is acceptable because Wolves are better than us. With that attitude we will get smashed every week and we'll be applauding the opposition off. 

We've won 18 games. 2 more than Ipswich and Preston. 1 actually included Preston who looked like Real Madrid for an hour and had a huge chance to take the lead.

If you like us to be a reactive team, sat back waiting for our opponents to jump on our sword and if they don't then we just watch them stroll about for 84minutes even when we are losing, then fair enough. 

I personally think it's ***** entertainment and  negative football. 

It's not about 1 game. But certainly the arse licking we showed Wolves makes me think that the PL is going to be horrific. Not that I think we'll get there if we show our top 6 rivals that level of respect. 

Lucky the Derby team didn't get charged entry last night as spectators 

went last night , it looked like damage limitation from the start , disappointed yes , surprised no , felt sorry for Nuge last night , no decent service to work with , tried to do his best with what he got , yes vyds was frustrating but got little from the ref with the cynical fouls from wolves , draw a line under this we are still in the play offs , need the win saturday , and as for those clamouring for Rowett to be sacked , SERIOUSLY , sacking another manager is not the way forward COYR

7 minutes ago, SKRam said:

No doubt they have quality. Their loans they may buy outright for next season, if so I reckon they’ll stay up comfortably. We, me included, may be being a little unfair in our criticism against such opponents. I thought Lawrence worked hard showed some good skill but as has been alluded to it stunk of damage limitation from the off. Towards the end I’ve never been so disinterested, like so many of the players I felt. Deflated with my team in 5th! Weird. 

Mate it gets to me as well but at the end of the day Rowett has to get on with the next 5 games 3 at home and 2 Away 1 more than the rest as they only have 4 left .

Never really expected anything last night especially after conceding that poor 1st goal and the 2nd well 2 keepers wouldn’t have stopped that. 

It’s always disappointing but Derby have chosen the cost cutting route whichever way you dress it up.

Forest are in a far worse  position .

On to Burton on Trent Saturday 

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Well I don't want promotion if that performance last night is acceptable because Wolves are better than us. With that attitude we will get smashed every week and we'll be applauding the opposition off. 

We've won 18 games. 2 more than Ipswich and Preston. 1 actually included Preston who looked like Real Madrid for an hour and had a huge chance to take the lead.

If you like us to be a reactive team, sat back waiting for our opponents to jump on our sword and if they don't then we just watch them stroll about for 84minutes even when we are losing, then fair enough. 

I personally think it's ***** entertainment and  negative football. 

It's not about 1 game. But certainly the arse licking we showed Wolves makes me think that the PL is going to be horrific. Not that I think we'll get there if we show our top 6 rivals that level of respect. 

Lucky the Derby team didn't get charged entry last night as spectators 

18000 odd likes Alpha 

Wow all that moaning pays off 

51 minutes ago, archied said:

So pretty much the view often levelled at Martin In his time ? Is it because they care and are frustrated or just can’t be arsed ? 

No Martin reacted that way to poor play around him. Vydra was part of the poor play and showed the same frustration. He was the one taking too many touches and losing the ball. He was the one not showing for it nearly enough. 

48 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I think the biggest problem re: Vydra is that there’s usually a big gap between him and the DM’s. On balance it’s not maybe his fault fully (although as I was saying last night, there are things for the team he could/should be doing better) because I would have thought he’s been told to push forward but it causes a big problem in regards to link up because we rely on Huddlestone’s long ball over the top and a bigger problem in leaving gaps to be exploited 

That's because (as I said in the thread i started a few weeks back and was slaughtered for) he isn't a midfielder! He is a striker but we don't use a system that fits him in upfront. He doesn't contribute enough to play in midfield and is a waste of a body in the middle. 

I think last night convinced me Vydra is a big part of our issue. Fair enough he has been individually brilliant at times, but he needs to ball too far up the field to be effective, which without a linking central midfielder just makes the gaps way too big.

I said to my mate that when Wolves had the ball, the pitch looked massive, and yet when we had it all of a sudden there was no gaps. Our players are so far apart that it’s just easy to fill holes against us, especially when no one seems keen on making any sort of run maybe aside from Weimann and perma-offside Nugent.

If you dropped a Palmer or even a Lawrence into Vydra’s spot then they’re much more likely to come deep and create a little more space for both the wingers and the striker, and also be able to carry the ball from deeper which stretches opposition midfielders a little bit.

Not to mention that we really should be getting £15m-£20m for him in this climate.

24 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

That's because (as I said in the thread i started a few weeks back and was slaughtered for) he isn't a midfielder! He is a striker but we don't use a system that fits him in upfront. He doesn't contribute enough to play in midfield and is a waste of a body in the middle. 

Oh aye,fully agree. it’s all part of the ‘square peg round hole’-ing that Rowett’s done a bit of. Not in a way of putting a right back into a central midfield , but by getting players to do jobs that aren’t there natural game to accommodate others. It worked for a bit, but it never should have been the end game.

I was saying this last night, Vydra over the course of 90 mins is not exempt from criticism in this team. The goals are great but as a no.10 you need a little more to contribute to a team. When was the last time he played well over 90 mins? But he’s a good player, a chunk of that is laid at Rowett’s door too

12 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I think last night convinced me Vydra is a big part of our issue. Fair enough he has been individually brilliant at times, but he needs to ball too far up the field to be effective, which without a linking central midfielder just makes the gaps way too big.

I said to my mate that when Wolves had the ball, the pitch looked massive, and yet when we had it all of a sudden there was no gaps. Our players are so far apart that it’s just easy to fill holes against us, especially when no one seems keen on making any sort of run maybe aside from Weimann and perma-offside Nugent.

If you dropped a Palmer or even a Lawrence into Vydra’s spot then they’re much more likely to come deep and create a little more space for both the wingers and the striker, and also be able to carry the ball from deeper which stretches opposition midfielders a little bit.

Not to mention that we really should be getting £15m-£20m for him in this climate.

may I point you towards my thread that said exactly this on which I was laughed at for...

Just now, TuffLuff said:

Oh aye,fully agree. it’s all part of the ‘square peg round hole’-ing that Rowett’s done a bit of. Not in a way of putting a right back into a central midfield , but by getting players to do jobs that aren’t there natural game to accommodate others. It worked for a bit, but it never should have been the end game.

I was saying this last night, Vydra over the course of 90 mins is not exempt from criticism in this team. The goals are great but as a no.10 you need a little more to contribute to a team. When was the last time he played well over 90 mins? But he’s a good player, a chunk of that is laid at Rowett’s door too

Here is my thread. I was laughed at and essentially told I was being mardy after a poor result even though I'd set out reasons for my argument. 

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

may I point you towards my thread that said exactly this on which I was laughed at for...

Ha, I just read your OP and agreed with it then found my reply on the first page disagreeing with you!

In an ideal world we’d have a linking CM which is what I said but that doesn’t seem to be where Rowett wants to go so I think you then need more from that player behind the striker than we’re getting.

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

Ha, I just read your OP and agreed with it then found my reply on the first page disagreeing with you!

In an ideal world we’d have a linking CM which is what I said but that doesn’t seem to be where Rowett wants to go so I think you then need more from that player behind the striker than we’re getting.

If you're going to keep Vydra then make him play like Nugent, bully the defenders, be physical with them (he isn't light weight) and play a play maker in the number 10 role. 

It surely isn't so difficult for Rowett to see this is part of our creativity issue?!

Archived