Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County

RiddingsRam

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Them mighty Rams 7.45pm kick off on 11/4/18 at Molineux.

Oooh I'm a bit late , no excuses totally forgot didn't expect to still be on. 

Anyway tough task as we know Wednesday and in front of them darn sky cameras again(I suppose it works in my favour this game though as unfortunately can't make it). 

Same team again for me , couldn't fault a single player Saturday and the balance in the team looks the best it's looked all season. 

I'd take the point but three would be great. COYR ?

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If derby take anything from this game then it’s going to be very hard for the rowett knockers to refuse to give him any credit ,, mind you I think some would still manage it ,,, I would kill for a win in this one ,a point is also great a loss is not the end of the world ,, I can’t predict it but it’s far from impossible for us to win it

Just now, ollycutts1982 said:

Any need really?

Sorry should have elaborated. 

As a character, he's perfectly likeable. As a player, not do much. 

Perhaps the large pricetag on him, or perhaps he does something in training we don't see. But Rowett seems to continually play him out of position and not fully fit. Having Johnson anywhere near our midfield against Wolves would absolutely cripple our chances. 

This is the sort of game that Rowett and his pragmatic style should be built for. A point, or better, and a strong performance will give us a glimpse at how we may survive in the Prem. We showed against United that we can defend well enough against good teams, it will be about creating chances too. 

Same team

I'm looking forward to see how we do in the matches against 4 of the top 6.

Whilst our style can sometimes be frustrating against teams we think we should be beating, I hope we will look better vs the stronger sides.

A well organised defence with fast and clinical forwards can be very effective and will put us in with a good chance of qualifying for the playoffs, then winning them. This much maligned Rowettball style could actually be pretty effective in the Prem too.

Wolves are very good and losing would be no disgrace, but I want to see signs that we will be ready for Villa, Cardiff, Boro and beyond.

6 minutes ago, r4derby said:

This is the sort of game that Rowett and his pragmatic style should be built for. A point, or better, and a strong performance will give us a glimpse at how we may survive in the Prem. We showed against United that we can defend well enough against good teams, it will be about creating chances too. 

Same team

Same as what wrote but more succinct!

Sith Happens

Looking forward to it.

I think had we been going for top two my hopes for the game would be different.

When it became apparent that play offs was it at best, i looked at the remaining games and thought this was a write off, so anything we get will be a bonus.

I actually wonder if the players will see it that way too, and it might cause them to relax and take a bit of pressure off.

I hope if we do lose its not all doom and gloom on here, unless of course its an absolute hammering and then i would understand it.

Really if we lose this 2-0 or something like that i wont be bothered as long as we beat Burton saturday. Knowing us we will beat wolves though and lose to burton.

16 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

If we win, can we goad Cardiff about it?

I hope Rowett gets the cameras to show him and Nino embracing after the game, with them both audibly commenting what a good game it was and how much class the other one had.

Can't think of anything to say that everyone else hasn't already said :lol: ... But hell I love the sound of my own fingers typing. 

I'd be a deflated if we got nothing but even a point would be encouraging. A win would be a real marker of intent and strength.

we can do this ! COYR

PistoldPete2

Cant see us getting anything Wolves will be really up for it may even get promoted tomorrow.  Mind you Burton have everything to play for too , no easy games now.

We can certainly get something from this. A point away from home would be a huge and would do wonders for confidence off the back of the two wins we picked up against Bolton and Preston. The onus and spotlight is on Wolves not us so I'm hoping we can relax and use that to our advantage. 

I've had some strange visits to Wolves in the past, Lee Grant forgetting to be a keeper and throwing it into his net, Benty's wonder goal and even a Theo Robinson last minute leveller a while ago to show the roller-coaster of visits we've had. 

There is no doubt about it there a very good team with quality in each department but have been rocky recently. Looking forward to an entertaining game with a decent atmosphere and hoping we can cause an upset.

Optimistic shout of 2-0 with Nuge breaking his duck and a 25 yard Huddlestone thunder-b*stard! 

COYR 

Archived