Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County

RiddingsRam

8 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Why the dig at Martin again archied?....I thought you were being more open minded than that....I hope you aren't taking over from the absent ninos in pointless attacks.

He's still our player who fought tooth and nail to come back to the club after a previous clueless manager also saw fit to loan him out and before he and Russell left in January and were replaced by worse players,your gary was doing a lot better than he is now.

It’s not a dig at Martin as such as I’ve made it clear I think he’s been a very good player for us and deserves respect ,it’s a kick back at those who can’t see past Martin ,, I just really really believe it’s time to move on , Martin has not been great for us or anybody else  for a long time , he couldn’t get in rowetts non possession based set up , he can’t hold down a place in Clements possession obsessed set up now ,,, 

why is it so hard to see that I just believe Martin is not the same player that had a very very good few years in a team that was built from the ground up by clough and came together as a team and hit some very good height s under Mac , That team and team spirit they had is gone now ,broken up by clement ,Pearson( personally believe the Mac Newcastle shenanigans played a big part in destroying that team spirit) and now rowett is finishing the job that was already well along the road before he arrived , myself and I’m sure lots of other derby fans have become stale and lost belief in the idea that keep trying to piece that old side back together is going to work and take us where we want to go ,,,,, personally I want a new team to be built now that is fresh and something I can get excited about again and within that I’m ok with some experienced older heads brought in to get the balance of youth and experience but I draw the line at hudds Davies and Ledley ,,, jerome for me was a pointless step too far ,,, win all I get and he filled me with that fresh new youthful ambition I want to see comming in ,,, 

this summer is massive for me in terms of my opinion on whether rowett will / can take us forward into a new era that we the fans can get behind 

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a look back at wolves after a few days I think rowett treated it too much as a cup game with the attitude that it was a bit of a free hit and I think that’s a mistake , it changes the mindset of the players in the way that often happens when you go into a cup game in good league form then lose momentum,, we will see against burton

22 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Rowett needs to figure out how to deal with teams who play three at the back. He's not done so against any team. It'll get to the point where every team plays it against us just because it baffles him.

Apart from that, we need now to win against Burton and ensure we do better in the remaining games.

Whilst I agree to an extent, you've completely ignored the fact that Bolton played 3 at the back and we brushed them aside with ease.

I think we went into the game with a sense of inferiority and it showed.

Derby failed to press Wolves in the same way they pressed us and we never at any stage gambled by throwing players forward. In fact, with two negative full backs and two slow midfield players we don't even have the 'gamble' option. 

I was amazed they didn't give Thomas another run out because the game was every bit as dead as Saturday's 3-0 against Bolton.

The introduction of Hanson seemed pointless unless he is being considered as a starting replacement in CM.

17 hours ago, Simsy said:

I am not living in the past. How many goals has he got this season? Or the last 12 months? 

Sorry but you must be really thick  or blinkered to persist with this.........on loan / Rowett don't like him / few starts / dropped from a winning team.

That is not to say he is the future for us .

26 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Sorry but you must be really thick  or blinkered to persist with this.........on loan / Rowett don't like him / few starts / dropped from a winning team.

That is not to say he is the future for us .

I don't think you can judge Martin at Reading he hasn't had a look in, a bit like Lowe at Shrewsbury........Coldplay certainly did ok at Fulham not so long ago....

I’ve got a feeling Rowett’s going to have to work to incorporate Martin next season. Not much room to bring other players in, he’s a big name striker we know is decent who we have on the books and won’t be able to get rid of for a decent fee.

Might be a blessing in disguise, make Rowett use a tactic outside of kick and rush for once.

Gutted that Jerome and Nugent are under contract next year, I think it’s going to be a massive problem for us. Who the **** would sign them?

8 hours ago, Carnero said:

Whilst I agree to an extent, you've completely ignored the fact that Bolton played 3 at the back and we brushed them aside with ease.

From what I saw on the tellybox (I know, half-fan), Boltons formation was more of a 5-3-2. So yes, they had 3 CBs, but didn't have pacey wing-backs holding a high line that forced our wide players back.

So I think its not the 3 at the back per se, but how that system is deployed. In the same way that our 4231 will look quite different to other teams because Vydra, in the centre of the 3, doesn't drop so the formation almost becomes a 4-2-2-2

18 hours ago, Simsy said:

You brought up his scoring statistics...

How about Nugent’s? He’s had all the playing time in the world this season and only actually scored in 4 games. Last goal was in December, so nothing in 2018. Martin’s scored in 2018...

One goal for Jerome with us, so the same as Martin, despite getting more starts.

We absolutely know, better than any club, that Martin is a 20 goal a season striker if you play to his strengths. Rowett made no attempt at to incorporate him then chucked him away in January ON LOAN while bringing in another aging striker formerly on PL wages PERMANENTLY.

For a pragmatic manager who was working to get the best out of what he had, that was a pretty obvious blunder. But still, keep ignoring how **** we’ve been up top since January and how limited our tactics now are.

5 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

I’ve got a feeling Rowett’s going to have to work to incorporate Martin next season. Not much room to bring other players in, he’s a big name striker we know is decent who we have on the books and won’t be able to get rid of for a decent fee.

Might be a blessing in disguise, make Rowett use a tactic outside of kick and rush for once.

Gutted that Jerome and Nugent are under contract next year, I think it’s going to be a massive problem for us. Who the **** would sign them?

As much as I'd like you to be right. I don't see anything other than Martin being sold or back out loan next year if Rowett is still in charge. 

3 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

How about Nugent’s? He’s had all the playing time in the world this season and only actually scored in 4 games. Last goal was in December, so nothing in 2018. Martin’s scored in 2018...

One goal for Jerome with us, so the same as Martin, despite getting more starts.

We absolutely know, better than any club, that Martin is a 20 goal a season striker if you play to his strengths. Rowett made no attempt at to incorporate him then chucked him away in January ON LOAN while bringing in another aging striker formerly on PL wages PERMANENTLY.

For a pragmatic manager who was working to get the best out of what he had, that was a pretty obvious blunder. But still, keep ignoring how **** we’ve been up top since January and how limited our tactics now are.

Yup nugent isn't good enough either.

We need a new striker.

4 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

To be fair the winnall injury has to be considered in the decision to let Martin go ,,, Martin v Jerome is a different matter but winnalls season ending injury threw a spanner in the works 

It's a sort of delicious irony that those who slagged off Chris Martin when he had his first lean spell in 3 seasons (to the point where he shouted **** off to his own fans), are now having to watch Cameron Jerome lumber around.

2 minutes ago, curb said:

It's a sort of delicious irony that those who slagged off Chris Martin when he had his first lean spell in 3 seasons (to the point where he shouted **** off to his own fans), are now having to watch Cameron Jerome lumber around.

Or that people genuinely thought he was rubbish 

Archived