Sam Rush

ilkleyram
Message added by Day

I would like to remind all members of our terms of use which can be found at https://dcfcfans.uk/terms

This is an active court case, one that will generate a lot of interest and discussion, however posts that can be seen as slanderous/libellous to either party or club will be removed. 

If you do find that your post has been removed and you are unsure why, please contact a moderator/myself.

10 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I remember after we signed Ince, it being reported that Paul Ince was going to be providing some sort of professional advice to us.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3445962/Paul-Ince-s-influence-Derby-growing-former-England-midfielder-appears-advisory-role-Pride-Park.html

perhaps mel doesn't read the mail.

To be fair to Mel, he's not alone. Me included.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

We paid £1m for a scouting report to tell us to sign Mbappe and Dembele? ?? I’m in the wrong trade me, I’m taking the day off Decorating today and going to ring round clubs offering my services.

£5m for my services.........sign Messi! 

This actually is not so bad ? 

In 2015, neither player were household names......trying to cheer myself up over here

I find it hard to know what to think, probably because I don’t quite trust either side probably.

What I will say is I remember when Clough was still manager, Rush and Vicars did that pub tour which was seen as a big success. Towards the end Rush asked as a show of hand whether fans thought Clough was doing a good job and if people were happy with him. The vast majority said yes and they understood the argument for rebuilding. Aslong as we were showing steady progress, we are happy. It was only a few months later he was unceremoniously sacked by Rush over the phone, who then brought in Mclaren (am I right in thinking they were mates or he played a ‘big role’ in getting him in?). That always stuck with me, partly because it was a waste of time asking us but also his reaction was surprise that fans wanted to see good football with young hungry players and watching hem grow without promotion being this boom or bust aim.

Essentially he only success in promotion and he tried to achieve it in whatever way was necessary, if it had happened he would have been seen as a hero. He was seen as a master negotiator, but the reality is he just knew the loopholes to keep people happy. By trying,and failing, to achieve his goals he ripped out the identity/any long term plan that others had built within the club and that’s why we are probably back where we started.

MM has to take some brunt of this too, he’s the chairman and all smoke and mirrors aside he has overseen this transformation happen.

To me, we need to refind our identity again. Stop all these campaigns aimed to getting fans on side and just start producing something with substance rather than style

22 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

He was seen as a master negotiator, but the reality is he just knew the loopholes to keep people happy.

Should maybe point out that I mean being able give Bryson an extra 2 grand a week to be an ambassador, which I presume will come out of a different budget, rather than anything...dodgy

17 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Whilst I take your point on board, a 700k payment for example is something that would be noticed.  Having being in temporary charge of a business before, and in excess of the t/o that Derby do, we had controls in place for these instances and others.

Having one person able to hide 7.2m of payments which is quite a large percentage of the t/o and having the responsibility to do this is a failing, as I said one that’s surprising given that MM has become one of the richest individuals through building his businesses up.  All IMO of course :-)

I take your point but if you run a business and don’t trust your people in key positions your head will explode.  

45 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Ok here’s something to really ruin your day, we paid Ince snr £700,000 to “scout” for us and he recommended Nick Blackman!!!! 

I'm always believed Blackman was requested by name by Paul Clement, the only one of his signings he did (and why reading got so much for him.)

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm always believed Blackman was requested by name by Paul Clement, the only one of his signings he did (and why reading got so much for him.)

I too thought it was weird how; 

A. He’s not gonna tell us to sign a player who plays in his son’s position

B. Clement worked with Blackman at Blackburn so we wouldn’t have needed to scout him to any great extent 

I get the feeling that some of that Mail story is guesswork... as has been said Blackman & Olsson had previously worked with Clement and Sam Winnall, who gets mentioned in the story, was signed by Gaz who had previously worked with him at Burton.

17 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I get the feeling that some of that Mail story is guesswork... as has been said Blackman & Olsson had previously worked with Clement and Sam Winnall, who gets mentioned in the story, was signed by Gaz who had previously worked with him at Burton.

Or it may have been that Winnall was on the radar about the time he signed for the Wendies? That's the way I read it at least..

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

Whilst I take your point on board, a 700k payment for example is something that would be noticed.  Having being in temporary charge of a business before, and in excess of the t/o that Derby do, we had controls in place for these instances and others.

Having one person able to hide 7.2m of payments which is quite a large percentage of the t/o and having the responsibility to do this is a failing, as I said one that’s surprising given that MM has become one of the richest individuals through building his businesses up.  All IMO of course :-)

Don't be so sure of that; the Directors at Tesco didn't twig that their accountants were overstating the company profits to the tune of hundreds of millions of pounds did they?

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Trouble is, our owner gets accused of meddling in everything, then gets accused of not knowing what’s going off under his nose.

Who’d own a football club?

I dare say there’s a right way and a wrong way in both circumstances on how to deal with it which he hasn’t got right, but it’s impossible to say without us knowing the ins and outs.

What we can say is that MM needs to learn from mistakes and rectify 

On 3/27/2018 at 23:15, RamNut said:

round one to sam rush - fairly comprehensive win.

amazing that there was no statement by the club and nothing in the media.

its going to be interesting.

While I thought they looked mugs saying nothing after Cardiff and allowed Warnock to fill the agenda all over Sky Sports and Talksport for several days, and while Rush's statement puts them again on the back foot, I can understand why with the legalities under way, they don't want to say anything at this stage. By staying silent though they do though risk another PR battering. 

Archived