Sam Rush

ilkleyram
Message added by Day

I would like to remind all members of our terms of use which can be found at https://dcfcfans.uk/terms

This is an active court case, one that will generate a lot of interest and discussion, however posts that can be seen as slanderous/libellous to either party or club will be removed. 

If you do find that your post has been removed and you are unsure why, please contact a moderator/myself.

12 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I just wished we stopped washing our dirty stuff in public in fact I had hoped we had got rid of the dirty stuff

I know it's not good to be washing our dirty linen in public but at least we get to know all the facts that way and it stops all the speculation at what's happened. I for one would like to know all the gory details of Nigel Pearsons dismissal. 

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So.have I got it correct ?? .the Rush stance is that he agreed to pay Paul Ince a 700k 'consultant' fee at the same time we bought his son.....and they paid this money to his wife as she was also a scout for us??

Just checking.. honestly. ..there is no tone of incredulity...or sarcasm...  but it is impossible to not infer that when you read it back.

5 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

So.have I got it correct ?? .the Rush stance is that he agreed to pay Paul Ince a 700k 'consultant' fee at the same time we bought his son.....and they paid this money to his wife as she was also a scout for us??

Just checking.. honestly. ..there is no tone of incredulity...or sarcasm...  but it is impossible to not infer that when you read it back.

You certainly couldn’t make it up,I bet HMRC are rubbing their hands together.

1 minute ago, Gritters said:

Where is the proof about this £700k?

Is there any or is it just a rumour.

I haven't read all the thread.

We have currently paid mr and mrs ince £500k of the £700k 'consultancy' fee associated with the 'Ince Scouting agreement'. None of that is disputed. The issue is that MM states that he knew nothing about it, and that SR was acting 'ultra vires'.

How anyone could have agreed to that is almost beyond belief.

2 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

So in essence, if I’m worth a ton of money, I can do as I please..... irrespective of any consequences? 

Basically, yes. If you can afford the consequences. Why not? If he wants to spend his £80k on an almost guaranteed EAT then that’s his business. 

Ha! Maybe we could be sponsored by Just EAT next season. Rush’s solicitors. 

32 minutes ago, RamNut said:

We have currently paid mr and mrs ince £500k of the £700k 'consultancy' fee associated with the 'Ince Scouting agreement'. None of that is disputed. The issue is that MM states that he knew nothing about it, and that SR was acting 'ultra vires'.

How anyone could have agreed to that is almost beyond belief.

MMMmmm...people say one thing...and pay lip service to things...then they go ahead and behave differently when no one is watching. Will it come down to one person's word against another? or will there be "proof"? It'll be a tangled web for sure...and I doubt whether any "wrong-doing" will be on record....but effectively Derby seem to have paid the Ince family £700k so that Thomas would sign...and then it's been dressed up as "scouting services". So allegedly:

Sam: "Hello Paul Ince, remember when you got sent off at PP for awful behaviour over a throw-in when you played for Boro?".

PI: "Yeah...{smiling}. Derby fans still hate me for that..."

Sam: "Anyway...do you know any decent footballers who might sign for us?"

PI: "Ermmmm...{looks quizzical and clueless} I'll just ask the wife...she might know...in her capacity as housewife ...and ermmmm chief scout for Ince Enterprises".

PI: "stick the kettle on Luv...and err...I'll have a Garibaldi...apparently their laced with additives these days that make you feel really good"...

...and err Carol, do we know of any good footballers who might sign for Derby City?"

Mrs I: "'ere's yer tea and your ermmm ...Garibaldi....{she hands him a crisp £20 note } along with a china cup}. Well, 'ow about our Tom? 'e's not bothered about going to Inter Milan ...he doesn't like the suits they wear..."

PI: <snort!> "Oh yeah...Thomas Ince...he's brilliant..."

SR: "OK, tell him to bring his boots to the iPro© on Saturday...and ask for Mac...he'll be in the coffee shop... "

PI: "Where?!"

SR:"....you know....Pride Park....Derby...."

PI: "Ok.......that's £700,000 please, ....just give it to the wife on yer way out...."

SR: "what's the £700k ......for....?

PI: "...for scouting.....our son.....and Carol has to wash his kit and his salmon-coloured Versace track suit...and they're not cheap...etc"

SR: {Looks blank....stares into space for a long time...}. :mellow:

9 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

MMMmmm...people say one thing...and pay lip service to things...then they go ahead and behave differently when no one is watching. Will it come down to one person's word against another? or will there be "proof"? It'll be a tangled web for sure...and I doubt whether any "wrong-doing" will be on record....but effectively Derby seem to have paid the Ince family £700k so that Thomas would sign...and then it's been dressed up as "scouting services". So allegedly:

Sam: "Hello Paul Ince, remember when you got sent off at PP for awful behaviour over a throw-in when you played for Boro?".

PI: "Yeah...{smiling}. Derby fans still hate me for that..."

Sam: "Anyway...do you know any decent footballers who might sign for us?"

PI: "Ermmmm...{looks quizzical and clueless} I'll just ask the wife...she might know...in her capacity as housewife ...and ermmmm chief scout for Ince Enterprises".

PI: "stick the kettle on Luv...and err...I'll have a Garibaldi...apparently their laced with additives these days that make you feel really good"...

...and err Carol, do we know of any good footballers who might sign for Derby City?"

Mrs I: "'ere's yer tea and your ermmm ...Garibaldi....{she hands him a crisp £20 note } along with a china cup}. Well, 'ow about our Tom? 'e's not bothered about going to Inter Milan ...he doesn't like the suits they wear..."

PI: <snort!> "Oh yeah...Thomas Ince...he's brilliant..."

SR: "OK, tell him to bring his boots to the iPro© on Saturday...and ask for Mac...he'll be in the coffee shop... "

PI: "Where?!"

SR:"....you know....Pride Park....Derby...."

PI: "Ok.......that's £700,000 please, ....just give it to the wife on yer way out...."

SR: "what's the £700k ......for....?

PI: "...for scouting.....our son.....and Carol has to wash his kit and his salmon-coloured Versace track suit...and they're not cheap...etc"

SR: {Looks blank....stares into space for a long time...}. :mellow:

I think you should be called as a witness in the civil case. I bet that's not too far removed from the truth. 

On 3/29/2018 at 08:08, angieram said:

So, as we are still paying them, I assume Mr and Mrs Ince are also attending all our matches? If you sit near the Directors' box, give them a nice round of applause tomorrow evening. 

Grossly unfair Angie! With Paul's career long since finished he's already down to his last few million and having already downgraded from the Harrods food hall to Waitrose, there's no further economies to be had. I, of course, have every sympathy and doubtless Mrs Ince will be using every fibre of her extensive scouting network to unearth a good few diamonds in the months and years to come.....should her luncheon diary afford her time to do so.

In all seriousness, this, more than any of the other stuff, smacks of downright cynicism and a total disregard for the club and its fans. Feckin loathsome (please excuse the language) and, more to the point, 'borderline' and I'll leave folk to interpret for themselves what I mean by that (before I get David in trouble).

Grrrrrrr :pinch:

On 3/29/2018 at 09:14, RamNut said:

I remember after we signed Ince, it being reported that Paul Ince was going to be providing some sort of professional advice to us.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3445962/Paul-Ince-s-influence-Derby-growing-former-England-midfielder-appears-advisory-role-Pride-Park.html

perhaps mel doesn't read the mail.

Oh god. It gets worse and worse. I'm guessing the professional advice was 'I'm worth every penny'. Stuff like this totally undermines Mel's argument IMO.

On 3/29/2018 at 09:21, ariotofmyown said:

Incorrect. His favourite song is Rollercoaster by Northern Uproar. He was a bit late to the party 

If he was Manchester scene then he's aged worse than Bez. That said, recent events suggest he may still be tripping balls while Bez has apparently dialed it down a notch or two.

On 3/29/2018 at 12:20, Inglorius said:

Don't be so sure of that; the Directors at Tesco didn't twig that their accountants were overstating the company profits to the tune of hundreds of millions of pounds did they?

As well as paying out said profits to themselves. Nice 'work' if you can get it...

On 3/29/2018 at 12:23, Boycie said:

Trouble is, our owner gets accused of meddling in everything, then gets accused of not knowing what’s going off under his nose.

Who’d own a football club?

Spot on. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, but there are questions to be answered nonetheless.

21 hours ago, AutoWindscreens said:

Yes, the general rule is that anyone can ask for a copy, on payment of a fee.

I've seen Derby's statement of case, because it's available on one of my online subscriptions (I'm a lawyer).

Derby's lead counsel is someone who is described as "an expert courtroom bruiser": https://essexcourt.com/barrister/paul-mcgrath-qc/

Nice that he's been able to carve out a second career.

16 hours ago, europia said:

Not so sure. If Rush is guilty regarding the allegations, considering the scale of those actions, he would have known that he would be caught out eventually. There have been lot's of cases in commerce and industry where Directors have leached money out companies and got away without recourse. Often they have done wrong morally, but not strictly illegally. 

But has Mel been outmaneuvered already. Could well have been a risk worth taking if indeed there is substance to the rumours after all. Sr might be a ****, but he's a shrewdie and knows how the game's played.

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

Where is the proof about this £700k?

Is there any or is it just a rumour.

I haven't read all the thread.

Not telling ya, you lazy bar steward :p

I wish we could go back to the 2013-14 threads and see who was saying what about SR.

The doubters have certainly been justified.

1 hour ago, deano180 said:

Surprised no one's been talking about the MM and Richard Keogh captain story in this article 

That stood out to me and at first I got annoyed then when I thought about it Mel could have intervened in a positive way to help Keogh.

So maybe it was a positive step?

Perhaps he was just looking out for him(stress,pressure?).

Archived