Sam Rush

ilkleyram
Message added by Day

I would like to remind all members of our terms of use which can be found at https://dcfcfans.uk/terms

This is an active court case, one that will generate a lot of interest and discussion, however posts that can be seen as slanderous/libellous to either party or club will be removed. 

If you do find that your post has been removed and you are unsure why, please contact a moderator/myself.

21 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Don't be so sure of that; the Directors at Tesco didn't twig that their accountants were overstating the company profits to the tune of hundreds of millions of pounds did they?

I wouldn’t want to give my honest view on that - bit like Lehmann not knowing

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ewe Ram said:

I take your point but if you run a business and don’t trust your people in key positions your head will explode.  

Fiduciary duty implies trust. I'm not going to say anymore on the nitty gritty of this thread until this episode has run its full course. Some time ago I thought this might be iPro related, then I came to the conclusion that it could also be several other things. Because of this, I then realized I hadn't a clue what it was all about, so kept my mouth shut.

3 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Should maybe point out that I mean being able give Bryson an extra 2 grand a week to be an ambassador, which I presume will come out of a different budget, rather than anything...dodgy

How can you be an ambassador for one club and play for another.Never mind dodgy. Fraud/criminal are 2 words that spring to mind,but football seems to accept such deals.

12 minutes ago, swiftur said:

How can you be an ambassador for one club and play for another.Never mind dodgy. Fraud/criminal are 2 words that spring to mind,but football seems to accept such deals.

He's our ambassador to Wales.

Tis lovely in the valleys, boyo. 

6 hours ago, angieram said:

So, as we are still paying them, I assume Mr and Mrs Ince are also attending all our matches? If you sit near the Directors' box, give them a nice round of applause tomorrow evening. 

Obviously they’ll be at the Huddersfield games scouting players from the two teams involved.

4 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

To me, we need to refind our identity again. Stop all these campaigns aimed to getting fans on side and just start producing something with substance rather than style

You obviously don’t read much of this forum. There are loads of threads complaining about the team having substance but no style. :ph34r:

3 hours ago, tinman said:

Are these papers that have been filed with the High Court available for anyone to see?

Yes, the general rule is that anyone can ask for a copy, on payment of a fee.

I've seen Derby's statement of case, because it's available on one of my online subscriptions (I'm a lawyer).

Derby's lead counsel is someone who is described as "an expert courtroom bruiser": https://essexcourt.com/barrister/paul-mcgrath-qc/

One of the interesting allegations in Derby's claim is that SR removed from some agency agreements a common clause that protects Derby when a player leaves the club. The clause says that the club stops paying fees to the agent once the player leaves the club (fair enough, you might think).

Derby's claim alleges that this common protection was present in 48 out of 49 contracts relating to players whose agent was not Wasserman, but was missing from most of the contracts relating to players whose agent was Wasserman (including Johnson, Blackman, Butterfield, Shackell and Camara). In other words, Derby will carry on paying agency fees to Wasserman after those players have gone.

Edited to add: And Derby alleges that SR removed the same clause from the agreement with Bryson's agent, so that the agent is guaranteed £1.3m even after Bryson has left the club. Ouch!

Is anyone really surprised?  

Once Sam was sacked there was either going to be a case in court and therefore public, or a settlement out of court and thus private. Mel doesn't appear to me to be a person who, when he is convinced he is right, backs down from making a decision or seeing the consequences through.  That can be both a positive trait and a negative one.

And the fiduciary reasons given for the sacking by definition involve money and a breakdown in trust.  Given Sam's background, his job and the nature of a football club that was more than likely to involve players' contracts.  Anything else is relatively small beer.

From the information in the Mail and assuming that he didn't know or approve the details you can see why Mel took the action that he did.  What would be interesting to know is what led him to find out and therefore what triggered the decision to sack Sam.  It clearly wasn't the Due Diligence done before he assumed ownership (and very unlikely that DD would show up such details in any case) and doesn't appear to have been the financial review done later.  

11 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I heard he doesn’t practice but goes straight to court with no preparation.

Even takes injections beforehand.

edit: wrong person

Hope he's a Federer:D

7 hours ago, angieram said:

So, as we are still paying them, I assume Mr and Mrs Ince are also attending all our matches? If you sit near the Directors' box, give them a nice round of applause tomorrow evening. 

To be fair Angie, if someone waves £7 million in front of you for doing sod all then your not going to find many people who will turn it down on principle. 

Now we need a striker and my contacts tell me Ibrahimovic is a free agent I've just emailed the club with the info.......I'll be generous and only take £250k in cash please!

The one thing that springs to my mind is never by a used car from Stephen Pearce. He must have world class powers of persuasion. As CFO and Club Secretary his job was look at every significant contract and piece of expenditure. It seems that Rush was playing fast and loose with Mel's money - and maybe GSE's too. Yet Pearce didn't spot it - which looks a bit like incompetence. And Mel hasn't sacked him for that incompetence - which looks breathtaking. How has Stephen Pearce talked his way out of that one?

Unless, of course Pearce did spot it and it took many months for him to convince Mel.

4 hours ago, Boycie said:

Trouble is, our owner gets accused of meddling in everything, then gets accused of not knowing what’s going off under his nose.

Who’d own a football club?

In the long run I think Mel will come out of this quite well.

Fair enough he got the order of the sacking procedure wrong from an hr point of view but I can see why it would have been difficult for him to remain calm in a meeting like that when he's discovered huge and I mean huge discrepancies in he way things should be done.

Things needed to be said, it can get heated and Mel had probably blown his top and fired/suspended rush without following protocol.

It's wrong but it's not wrong.

Once he's discovered what was going on he's acted swiftly and strongly. Exactly what you'd want from a leader.

Some of things listed in the mail are shocking and i can see rush having difficult explanations to try to get out of some of those spots.

I'll have a little dig on my own behalf here. I got absolutely destroyed in here while Rush was seen as the golden boy.

Hammered from pillar to post, even though I've said all along and I said again I've never been anti Derby, I was only ever saying at is as I said it on Rush.

He struck me as a conman from the moment he did the radio interview pre Brighton

It was never about anything else than his own self promotion. I hope he now faces whatever consequences, its easy on he way up but it's when you're sliding back down the ladder you find out who your friends are.

Mel did very little wrong other than put ihs cash and trust I'm the wrong hands. 

Archived