Sam Rush

ilkleyram
Message added by Day

I would like to remind all members of our terms of use which can be found at https://dcfcfans.uk/terms

This is an active court case, one that will generate a lot of interest and discussion, however posts that can be seen as slanderous/libellous to either party or club will be removed. 

If you do find that your post has been removed and you are unsure why, please contact a moderator/myself.

My opinion , but I always thought Sam Rush was full of ********, Nigel Clough was spot on about Rush, not a football man, and not to be trusted. Mr Rush was Very well paid by Mel, and basically took the piss out of him, and our beloved football club, if I ever bump into him, he would get what he deserves.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

Been told that he's left the club of his own accord I may add.

I must admit, I've found it strange that there has been no mention of it.

Always seemed quite pally with SR. Do you remember those coffee break videos ( and that hill walk).

4 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

My opinion , but I always thought Sam Rush was full of ********, Nigel Clough was spot on about Rush, not a football man, and not to be trusted. Mr Rush was Very well paid by Mel, and basically took the piss out of him, and our beloved football club, if I ever bump into him, he would get what he deserves.

Good grief, I do believe we are in full agreement about something :lol:

It’s a sign I tell you, 3 points in the bag tomorrow night. :thumbsup:

Rush was allegedly the ‘only individual at Derby’ involved in negotiating Ince’s transfer, one that included a ‘sell-on’ fee of 15 per cent over and above the original transfer fee to Ince’s former club, Hull City. Derby claim these payments were ‘excessive and uncommercial’, and that the agreement was ‘entirely negotiated without their approval’.

We didn't know anything about agreeing to a sell on clause?

At what point does ignorance become negligence?

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

However shambolic this is, it certainly gave me a good chuckle! 

Same here.

I bet if we got a similar insight into other teams such as Wolves,Villa,Wendies,Cardiff,Sunderland etc I bet some of their stuff is far far worse.

1 million from the Scott Hogan fee to Steve Bruce’s favourite Kebab shop for sports science(this is made up).

When George Thorne completed a permanent move from West Bromwich Albion to Derby in July 2014, Derby claim a deal was agreed by Rush that meant, further to the £2.75m transfer fee, West Brom received an additional £12,500 every time he played up to a maximum of £1.25m. Derby claim that Rush failed to disclose this.

We didn't notice that we were paying west brom a five figure sum every time  george played?

28 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I don't think it's remotely harsh at all.  This isn't some weird, arcane corner of HR rules - disciplinary procedures are one of the most basic things that absolutely everyone who's ever had a job of any sort in this country (let alone owned a company that employees hundreds) should understand. There's just no excuse at all for it.  If Morris was convinced that Rush had been doing something wrong, then a proper investigation, and the proper procedures being followed would have made any court case that much stronger.  Firing someone on the spot (if that's what has happened), just makes it look like a kangaroo court.

And it's not that I don't like Mel, it's more that I really didn't want a fan owning the club.  Whilst I'm sure there are very good fan-owners, there's just too much temptation to think and react like a fan, not a rational business owner.  Does anyone actually think that the decision-making has been good since Mel has been here? 

I will start from the bottom up. He has made mistakes, no doubt based on his love for the club. But recently I feel he has been far more sensible in his handling of the club. Before he took over we were going nowhere fast, and are still going nowhere fast. The difference is HE has lost millions and millions of his wealth. But the criticism of his knowledge of workforce law is just ridiculous. I run a Dental practice, less than 20 people in total. The CQC regulate everything we do. Do I know everything about each compliance issue? No I don’t. What I do is employ a practice manager who does. She also makes sure each employee is up to date with all training etc. If I knew about, and kept up to date with everything, I wouldn’t be able to either work or go home. Delegation is paramount in a small business, never mind a big one. You really are ignorant in this matter 

51 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It doesn't appear that £7.2m has gone out in one or two big payments though.

Plus some of it appears to be future contracted payments. 

Another valid point, however this is all aimed at just one person, I’m still struggling to understand how giving one person this much control happened in the first place. Secondly, to what benefit were these payments to Rush?

Didn’t Holloway make a percentage on every player sale at Blackpool?

I assume all above board, and an incentive for the owner to get a good price?

I think there’s lots of weird goings off at lots of clubs.

14 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Another valid point, however this is all aimed at just one person, I’m still struggling to understand how giving one person this much control happened in the first place. Secondly, to what benefit were these payments to Rush?

Exactly

that is the point i was trying to make to Ewe Ram.

The unauthorised payments for imaginary scouting services are to grease a few palms  - according to dcfc.

these transactions operated no more than as a conduit for the making of additional payments to the recipients under the disguise of the justification of being a payment under a scouting agreement,’

I don't know much about the ins and outs of employment legalities and financial matters but this is another stain on our club .

i wonder how much this will affect the funds Gary will have next season.

Thats if he's here of course.

Never a dull day with DCFC

11 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

We paid £1m for a scouting report to tell us to sign Mbappe and Dembele? ?? I’m in the wrong trade me, I’m taking the day off Decorating today and going to ring round clubs offering my services.

£5m for my services.........sign Messi! 

You ought to ring Tom's mum...I suspect you could make a decent fist of this agent thing. Now then, who's this Messi fella? And can he play left-back? :mellow:

15 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Didn’t Holloway make a percentage on every player sale at Blackpool?

I assume all above board, and an incentive for the owner to get a good price?

I think there’s lots of weird goings off at lots of clubs.

And Jackie McNamara at Dundee utd. However, after he sold all the good players and unsurprisingly the teams form dipped, the fans turned on him. 

Not that he was bothered, he had a pocket full of cash. 

1 hour ago, Doodle said:

I will start from the bottom up. He has made mistakes, no doubt based on his love for the club. But recently I feel he has been far more sensible in his handling of the club. Before he took over we were going nowhere fast, and are still going nowhere fast. The difference is HE has lost millions and millions of his wealth. But the criticism of his knowledge of workforce law is just ridiculous. I run a Dental practice, less than 20 people in total. The CQC regulate everything we do. Do I know everything about each compliance issue? No I don’t. What I do is employ a practice manager who does. She also makes sure each employee is up to date with all training etc. If I knew about, and kept up to date with everything, I wouldn’t be able to either work or go home. Delegation is paramount in a small business, never mind a big one. You really are ignorant in this matter 

Not sure how we were going nowhere fast when he took over - we were a sensibly run, stable club that had just had 2 seasons seriously challenging for promotion...

And like I said, this isn't about knowing every little detail of employment law, it's basic, basic stuff that everybody should understand. Mel must have known he was going into a meeting to potentially fire somebody, so why not make sure he did know the correct procedures? Or have someone from HR/legal there to make sure everything was above board. Like you said yourself, if you are dealing with something you don't understand, you get someone in who does. There's just no excuse for screwing this sort of stuff up.

3 hours ago, LeyStand said:

Thanks for the info and looking at the track record of Mel's counsel, if I was Rush I would be very very afraid.

Not so sure. If Rush is guilty regarding the allegations, considering the scale of those actions, he would have known that he would be caught out eventually. There have been lot's of cases in commerce and industry where Directors have leached money out companies and got away without recourse. Often they have done wrong morally, but not strictly illegally. 

Archived