Sam Rush

ilkleyram
Message added by Day

I would like to remind all members of our terms of use which can be found at https://dcfcfans.uk/terms

This is an active court case, one that will generate a lot of interest and discussion, however posts that can be seen as slanderous/libellous to either party or club will be removed. 

If you do find that your post has been removed and you are unsure why, please contact a moderator/myself.

5 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Guys, anyone know whether the option to extend is a common clause in player contracts? Seems an odd one to me, especially where players at the end of their careers are concerned. 

I think it's quite common when signing an older player.

In order to persuade them to sign a shorter contract than they'd like, you offer a auto extension should they play in a certain percentage of games in their final contracted season.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morris told Clement to not make Keogh captain?! Totally believe that, there were plenty of fans back then calling for the same, and they’d have meddled given the opportunity.

Some of those scouting claims we’ve made are outstanding. What an absolute mess! 

This club is always a state. :lol:

5 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Morris told Clement to not make Keogh captain?! Totally believe that, there were plenty of fans back then calling for the same, and they’d have meddled given the opportunity.

Some of those scouting claims we’ve made are outstanding. What an absolute mess! 

This club is always a state. :lol:

Is that the same Keogh that the mirror claimed went running to Morris about Pearson just a year later? And the same Keogh that Wassall appointed captain in the same season? ?

1 hour ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Bloody hell,there’s some toxic stuff in that.

Couldn’t help but smile at The Ince Scouting Agreement!?

More like the Ince license to print money...ffs!

Reading that made me love Richard Keogh just that little bit more.

1 hour ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Just read it fully. Wow. Embarrassing for everyone involved 

Throughout Rush's counter claim there are references to Morris's 'hands on' involvement in the club, using the example that in August 2015 'he instructed the then recently appointed manager, Paul Clement (a WMG client), that he was forbidden from appointing Richard Keogh as his captain'.

!!!

Unbelievable.

how can a club pay out £6.8m and not realise it had done so?

surely Stephen pearce  has some explaining to do as well.

this is making the three amigos look like the Beverley sisters.

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

I think it's quite common when signing an older player.

In order to persuade them to sign a shorter contract than they'd like, you offer a auto extension should they play in a certain percentage of games in their final contracted season.

Theres surely no way that darren bent ever played enough games to trigger an extension.

6 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Said it earlier on, all our dirty washing is going to get aired. Whoever wins, the club will not come out of it looking clever.

Roll on Friday, the chance to talk about Palmer playing from the start, Bradley Johnson hoofing it, Keogh having another mistake in him or Vydra hitting a hat-trick!

On 28/03/2018 at 00:09, Zag zig said:

The Mail making reference to Employment Judge Clark’s comments is not interesting, sounds like the dirty washing is about to be aired.

I’m not pre-judging anything but as a fan, I wonder why the team I support, seems to have such an history of so many off-field drama’s down the years :(

Guess we always knew if there was no private settlement, it could drag the club through the courts and media. Mel wanted to set the record straight and settle the matter in public from past comments when Sam went, but I’d much rather we were in the news for on pitch matters.

Whatever anyone thinks of Rush and whatever the end result, this is yet again not a good moment for Derby County.

Derby County was born amid controversy and so it's always apt when other mis-adventures crop up. This is not the first time that a character by the name of Sam R has been significant in Rams' off-field history. As the very excellent Peter Seddon writes in that wonderful book "The Men who made the Rams* ", "Jervis was rather hindered by Derby County secretary Sam Richardson (1844-1938) – first captain of Derbyshire CCC – who seemed to think it part of his remit to regularly dip into the football gate money. When finally rumbled, Richardson fled to Spain and rests eternal in Madrid, an unlikely link to Derby sport far from his native town."

I am not for one moment suggesting that Sam Rush is guilty of anything just noting a quirky coincidence in our great Club's wonderfully colourful and oft-tainted history. What a rich tapestry; As my son's {Edward} talking bus used to "say" when you pressed the "bell button", "Here we go again...hold very tight please, ding ding". :mellow:

* The Men Who Made The Rams – Origins and Who’s Who of Derby County Football Club 1884 to 1888 – 158 pages priced £14 available at Waterstone’s and online via eBay and Amazon.

* * http://www.derbyshirelife.co.uk/people/local-people/derby-county-fc-the-men-who-made-the-rams-1-3227057

Its modern football im afraid. The game is awash with money and its being siphoned out by agents and hangers on who are only worried about how much £ they can make, and they dont care where its coming from. 

Its happening at every club, unfortunately ours is being aired in public.  

Ive never felt so disconnected with football as I do at the moment. 

IMO this must be the biggest mistake MM has done so far. Rush looks incompetent but safe, and only thing what happened was this unwanted publicity. Lessons not learned, I'm afraid...

We might be run by a businessman, but poor football chairman. Why were these questions not raised when he bought the club? Gobsmacked with that and makes me think he just got lucky with his earlier business, not so astute as a businessman either. Some micromanagement here and there but why Pearce and therefore Morris didn't react when more meaningful, like transfers, looked shaky at best?

BTW, love that move which involved Claire. Basically, it meant that we managed to sign Ince and as we later saw, he was (even that lubrication payment included) worth a double the money.

Does anybody else think this only came to light because in GR we have a manager who’s far more hands on with transfers? He’s said himself numerous times how he played a massive part in signing Kieftenbeld for £250,000, funnily it only messed up when he tried to sign for us, if he was WMG they probably would have signed the paperwork for him ?. But all his predecessors basically had their players signed for them so had no idea what was going on behind the scenes.

ALLEGEDLEY........got to get that in there these days ?!

Archived