Sam Rush

ilkleyram
Message added by Day

I would like to remind all members of our terms of use which can be found at https://dcfcfans.uk/terms

This is an active court case, one that will generate a lot of interest and discussion, however posts that can be seen as slanderous/libellous to either party or club will be removed. 

If you do find that your post has been removed and you are unsure why, please contact a moderator/myself.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

We paid £1m for a scouting report to tell us to sign Mbappe and Dembele? ?? I’m in the wrong trade me, I’m taking the day off Decorating today and going to ring round clubs offering my services.

£5m for my services.........sign Messi! 

He's over 30. The forum would go into melt down! 

PistoldPete2
On 28 March 2018 at 06:46, Dimmu said:

I was thinking about the same. Is it against the law to do your job poorly? If so, courtrooms should be filled...

No, but directors have a fiduciary duty to act in the interests of their Company, not to feather their or someone else's nest. 

PistoldPete2
On 28 March 2018 at 08:06, Ramchop said:

Of course he won the industrial tribunal. We dismissed him without him having counsel in the disciplinary meeting. We must have known he would win this, but damages in an industrial tribunal cannot exceed 80k. 

I don't think this has any bearing on the civil court case. The actions in his dismissal were wrong, but the reason must have some weight for us to not have settled out of court

The unfair dismissal case is irrelevant I agree. Just because there wasn't a fair process doesn't mean that he couldn't have been fairly dismissed anyway if they had followed a fair process. 

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Is there any possibility the additional payments could be viewed as an attempt to circumvent FFP?

The alleged payments would presumably be bungs masquerading as consultancy fees.

So if we want to sign Ince it requires a payment to Ince snr. No-one pays £700k for scouting.

I’m just wondering, having been reading Twitter, why everyone is taking this article as gospel when usually the Daily Mail is dismissed as reporting utter rubbish. I’m not saying there’s no truth in it at all but usually anything in the Mail isn’t taken seriously. 

So MM whose fortune is the result of building several successful businesses was unaware of over 7million pounds of payments taken from the club.  Looking at this from the outside, I would question all of the directors at the club during that period for these decisions that have taken place, and if they have the right skill set  to run a football club.

How many fall outs have we had over the past few years, are we trying to rival the red dogs in who can get the biggest headline for the wrong reasons.

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

The unfair dismissal case is irrelevant I agree. Just because there wasn't a fair process doesn't mean that he couldn't have been fairly dismissed anyway if they had followed a fair process. 

Its not great.

If this was forest the relevant thread would have grown by 50 pages.

11 minutes ago, RamNut said:

The alleged payments would presumably be bungs masquerading as consultancy fees.

So if we want to sign Ince it requires a payment to Ince snr. No-one pays £700k for scouting.

Exactly. Ludicrous that amongst other things, we were paying Paul Ince to come and watch his son play for us. Unbelievable, you couldn't make it up.

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Exactly. Ludicrous that amongst other things, we were paying Paul Ince to come and watch his son play for us. Unbelievable, you couldn't make it up.

Pay him 700 k to keep away from pride park ,,,, now that’s money well spent

17 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I’m just wondering, having been reading Twitter, why everyone is taking this article as gospel when usually the Daily Mail is dismissed as reporting utter rubbish. I’m not saying there’s no truth in it at all but usually anything in the Mail isn’t taken seriously. 

Sportsmail has obtained a copy of the 109 pages of claim and counter claim lodged by Derby and Rush, who denies any wrongdoing and in return is suing his former employers for £2m and what he maintains was a five per cent shareholding in the club that was due to him.

10 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

The counter claim states Derby's agreement with Paul Ince involved him attending Derby's games and 'many other games held across English football with a view to providing scouting and other football related support services', and that Mr Morris was involved in discussions with Ince about the arrangement. The allegation that 'no scouting services were provided' is denied.

Instead, the defence claims that Ince was a 'regular visitor to Mr Morris's house', that he recommended Derby should acquire players Nick Blackman and Sam Winnall, and became a 'mentor figure' to many Derby players.

It is understood Morris enjoyed the company of Paul Ince but claims not to have known he was paying for the privilege.

That last bit, it's kinda like paying for a prostitute? Must have galled Mel that!?! :ph34r:

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

That last bit, it's kinda like paying for a prostitute? Must have galled Mel that!?! :ph34r:

If the price is less than $130,000, perhaps Mel ought to consider running for President of the USA because it at least proves that he's a better deal-maker than Trump.

15 hours ago, Inglorius said:

Your post reminds me of the quote from the band New Order when they ran the Hacienda Club in Manchester, they said over the long term it would have been cheaper to give everyone who turned up at the club £5 to go away rather then incur the running losses they incurred over the years the club was open. 

Mel Morris is obviously not a fan of the Madchester scene. 

Incorrect. His favourite song is Rollercoaster by Northern Uproar. He was a bit late to the party 

Archived