Derby Snow - Game called off

Day

50 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

This from the police on the morning of the game:

The EFL should come down really hard on Warnock and Cardiff for their insinuations about the match.

No, they save that for adverse comments about refs :lol:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, plymouthram said:

Cardiff are not up yet, they have either promotion chasing or relegated threatened  teams to play in most of their remaining games. That's why Warmock was fuming. The fact their momentum is ceased for 2 weeks before they play again. The rearranged fixture will most likely be against a fully fit squad which might be flying again. He sensed an easy 3 points and it was taken away from him.

Hope Fulham pip them to second now after all this, they’re obviously scared of playing our first team, c’mon you Cottagers!!!!

7 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Cardiff are not up yet, they have either promotion chasing or relegated threatened  teams to play in most of their remaining games. That's why Warmock was fuming. The fact their momentum is ceased for 2 weeks before they play again. The rearranged fixture will most likely be against a fully fit squad which might be flying again. He sensed an easy 3 points and it was taken away from him.

It still will be cause they are a better team 

1 hour ago, curtains said:

What concerns me is some Derby Fans criticising  Derby on the postponement according to Warnock. 

I personally have only been honest in what my thoughts are. The surrounding area was far from perfect, but not even remotely close to the Fulham game. The difference was that we had a reasonably strong team for that game, whereas in this instance we would have been shoehorning someone in at CM - probably the most important position on the pitch. 

If we had a full strength side, had they been the ones in bad form then the game would have 100% gone ahead. I am in no doubts about that. Hand on heart, I doubt anyone else would argue that case either. 

We've played on the weather and hopefully we get away with it. The inconsistencies have really not helped, i.e. the Derbyshire police saying it was nothing to do with them & the pub/club shop being open after the game was called off.... to then be closed hours later due to 'safety advice'. 

I'm glad we've postponed it because we simply would have been up against it. The international break and the chance to play them at a busy period at least gives us a better chance. 

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I personally have only been honest in what my thoughts are. The surrounding area was far from perfect, but not even remotely close to the Fulham game. The difference was that we had a reasonably strong team for that game, whereas in this instance we would have been shoehorning someone in at CM - probably the most important position on the pitch. 

If we had a full strength side, had they been the ones in bad form then the game would have 100% gone ahead. I am in no doubts about that. Hand on heart, I doubt anyone else would argue that case either. 

We've played on the weather and hopefully we get away with it. The inconsistencies have really not helped, i.e. the Derbyshire police saying it was nothing to do with them & the pub/club shop being open after the game was called off.... to then be closed hours later due to 'safety advice'. 

I'm glad we've postponed it because we simply would have been up against it. The international break and the chance to play them at a busy period at least gives us a better chance. 

I don't remember the same number of fans saying how difficult conditions were for them around the Fulham match.

A lot of people who live a few miles from the ground have remarked on the treacherous road conditions this time.  That at least is different - unless they're all part of Operation Windupcolin :lol:

Sith Happens
38 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Hope derby win , Cardiff are up anyway and keeps the rams in the hunt for the play offs 

I mean next season 

9 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I don't remember the same number of fans saying how difficult conditions were for them around the Fulham match.

A lot of people who live a few miles from the ground have remarked on the treacherous road conditions this time.  That at least is different - unless they're all part of Operation Windupcolin :lol:

By the look of your location your in no position to judge how bad condition were 

20 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Exactly this.

I live 13 miles from PP, Fulham was easy enough, but I wouldn't even have attempted Sunday, much worse conditions where I am than the Fulham game.

27 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I don’t agree with any of that. 

On 18 March 2018 at 07:43, Inverurie Ram said:

Exactly.......I've been walking from Inverurie since Wednesday and I'm a bit wet and I've seen more snow in my Wellington boot than there is in Alvaston but I know what you little englanders are like when it starts spitting snow, so your all probably going to hide behind your curtains all day, holding on to your radiators for dear life, so I've done a U turn and started walking home again so I can get home and help the locals do a bit of proper shovelling! Grittier Lorry's my Arsenal!

Well I've managed to walk back as far as Sunderland and you little englanders are still yapping on about this, remember the good old days when it just snowed and a game was off. And snow was snow and it wasn't World War 3. "Get down for cover man, there shooting more of that white stuff at us!!!!!...someone get Tom Ince on the phone, he's got all the gloves!!!!!!

My big decision is, do I carry on walking in the cold dark night and head on home whilst surrounded by folk that seem to speak in a foreign language or do I turn around and try and walk back for a week next Friday for the game? or do I stick around in Sunderland for eleven nights and twag a lift with their lot undercover......"Y I man, that's a cannie scalf, div ya have a flag ta go wiv it?.....ermmm any chunce of a lift to Darby far the gaiime bonnie lad?....we better leave Sundaland min aboot 5am on the Friday morn, man, cuz it's been a bit snowy, ya Nagh, have you seen it on the Sky Spurts like?....give us planty o time to get to a boooozer, riiight bonnie lad........never mind the Welsh, as for the Paddy's lightweight drinkers them ya know, only 7 nights, I'm going to pop into the nearest boooozer and go for it......11 nights on the lash, just to avoid this blumming thread about snow.......someone wake me up, when the footie starts!!!!!

36 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The difference was that we had a reasonably strong team for that game, whereas in this instance we would have been shoehorning someone in at CM - probably the most important position on the pitch.

Are you sure? The difference? Really? The only one?

Oh well, that's that then! :lol:

TobyWanKenobi
10 hours ago, IamDeathside said:

We set off from Hathersage about half 9am, popped up to Hope to collect another member of our party, and made into Derby for 11ish. All the main roads were fine, bit slushy in places and a bit of snow had blown across the road over Chatsworth. As tends to be that case, the hardest park of the journey was getting off our road. If you checked the road closures at that point it was the usual suspects, snake pass, Holme miss and some of the a515 between Buxton and Ashbourne that was shut etc etc.

We had to get into Derby as one of the lads was due to get the train back to London after the match from Derby station, so we just made an afternoon of it. There was heavy snow over night no doubt, and despite there being predicted ongoing snow throughout yesterday, we never saw any.

I don't doubt some fans may have had more difficult journey's and some would have had to apply some common sense to plan their trips. But our experience was in no way challenging, in terms of journey or getting around Derby. It was hardly snow'maggedon out there. 

The club has to make the decision regarding fan safety, and if I agree or not is small beer. I can see why Cardiff were aggrieved by it, and we were disappointed there was no match. But like the snow, it's hardly the end of the world.

Why would you set off at 0930, when the game was called off at 0830?

You making stuff up just to have a moan?

You mention using common sense to plan your trip. Perhaps take your own advice?

45 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I'd agree that the weather was worse in Derby for the Fulham game. However i don't think fulham should have gone ahead either.

ok the ground was ok but its dangerous to create a situation whereby tens of thousands of people get into their cars and struggle onto the roads in freezing temperatures .

if one person gets killed or injured what was the point?

i'm happy that cardiff was off but i can understand Warnock being miffed. Fair enough, have a moan but maybe the decision saved the life of a fan who might otherwise have been involved in a fatal crash.

maybe we chickened out of playing. But i just don't care.

i'm more bothered about folk slagging off bryson tbh

Archived