Derby Snow - Game called off

Day

1 hour ago, plymouthram said:

Cardiff are not up yet, they have either promotion chasing or relegated threatened  teams to play in most of their remaining games. That's why Warmock was fuming. The fact their momentum is ceased for 2 weeks before they play again. The rearranged fixture will most likely be against a fully fit squad which might be flying again. He sensed an easy 3 points and it was taken away from him.

Nobody gets an easy three points of Derby - you get an easy one point ! 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

By the look of your location your in no position to judge how bad condition were 

I'm not making any comments on the conditions  - read the post. 

I'm merely reflecting what was written on the forum by other posters who are in the midlands /north. 

Fulham = few posters remarking on difficulties 

Cardiff = a number. Curtains, b4, reveldevil,  eweram. ....quite possibly more.

I couldn't get out of our estate either. But I do agree that slightly tricky driving conditions near Winchester are not likely to have been a major factor in the postponement consideration. 

Except in colins fevered imagination.:lol:

10 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

So ‘hissy fits’ are only allowed if it’s you having them? You’re the standard angry man  

This is what forums are for, getting your thoughts out there. 

Not again!

Now whats his gender got to do with it :lol:

you're obsessed.

23 minutes ago, 86 points said:

...and the club. It's thoroughly depressing at times :(

Ploughed through the last 20 pages and haven't seen any post slagging the club off.

Screenshot_20180319-224947.thumb.jpg.fcd4b7be0aa64e836810aaf3fdc4c982.jpg

I used to be involved in organising road running races where police support was necessary. The police made it clear they would never call off the race themselves. The feeling was if they did this then they would be open to criticism/action from disgruntled parties. However if the police were not happy for it to go ahead for whatever reason including poor conditions, they would withdraw support. Therefore the race organiser would have to call the race off, making it 'their' decision.

Unless Derbyshire police are saying they turned up on Sunday morning surprised to see the club had unilaterally cancelled the match, I wonder if there is an element of the above in their statement.

38 minutes ago, 86 points said:

...and the club. It's thoroughly depressing at times :(

Yeah some just need to go for a good walk, enjoy some fresh air and to think again.....no would be Ian St Johns are gonna bring me down.......join in @2tups

I've had a bit of a walk and popped into see Martin Stephenson sing about one of Sunderlands finest football players and to enjoy a brown ale with the locals!

Slaughterman 

I know which way you're going, but I ain't travelling your way 
And I do know boots are made for walking, but to me they're tools of the trade 
Now I won't have you push me around because Im heading for the top 
And no would-be Ian St Johns are gonna bring me down 
Im so sick of college games, packing cornflakes everyday 
So open the lid and put your brains back in the jar 

Slaughterman slaughterman, cut their heads off while you can 

Now I don't need any lectures, about your working way and wife 
Sitting cooped inside your factory, you couldn't think to save your life 
Now I won't have you interfere as Im aiming for my goal 
Like some hot dog seller sitting in a stand 
You've a nerve to criticize while you sit inside your cage 
Loke some Turkey paying homage to the slaughter man 

So now you now which way Im going, have a little tact and understand 
And you know those boots that were made for walking 
Could put you on the right path! 
Now I won't have you push me around because Im heading for the top 
And no would-be Ian St Johns are gonna bring me down 
Im so sick of college games, packing cornflakes everyday 
So open the lid and put your brains back in the jar 

Written by Martin George Stephenson 1983

Am i the only one who is slightly worried here? Club very quiet, WalesOnline has already reported that the SAG head was none the wiser about the situation until after the game was postponed, and the police have said it wasn't their decision?

I'm no expert on event organisation, but i really hope nothing negative comes from this... 

12 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Am i the only one who is slightly worried here? Club very quiet, WalesOnline has already reported that the SAG head was none the wiser about the situation until after the game was postponed, and the police have said it wasn't their decision?

I'm no expert on event organisation, but i really hope nothing negative comes from this... 

Nothing to worry about it to be honest. Police did get involved but they didn't make the decision and it was safety advisor, some areas wasn't in great conditions for anyone to travel so it was the right decision anyway. 

...and we had to make a snap decision, holding a meeting based on the information that was available to us at at 7:30am (when it had only stopped snowing about 3 hours earlier) in order to determine whether or not the game was going ahead, a decision which would have been physically impossible to make any earlier and dangerous (not to mention even more wasteful of people's time and money) to hold off making any later.

Could the game not have been delayed for an hour so ?

fans already on the way would be able to keep up with events on social media and Sky could have still shown it , at a revised kick off time on one of their many sports channels.

its not as if it’s uniique for games to be delayed

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Hollybush said:

Could the game not have been delayed for an hour so ?

fans already on the way would be able to keep up with events on social media and Sky could have still shown it , at a revised kick off time on one of their many sports channels.

its not as if it’s uniique for games to be delayed

Why though? Clearly conditions must have been worsening in some areas for Cardiff fans to make it here but get stuck going home.

7 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I think that to take the decision making away from the club and onto some 'Teflon Terry' just won't happen. Who wants to be responsible for people getting hurt? 

18 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Why though? Clearly conditions must have been worsening in some areas for Cardiff fans to make it here but get stuck going home.

In all my  40 odd years of watching football I have never heard of a game being postponed because people may have trouble getting home post game.

games that have started get called off if the pitch becomes unplayable, not because it might be a bit tricky for fans to get home

10 hours ago, Gritters said:

I don't get it. Was it down to Cardiff too to call the game off? The snow overnight was terrible and I doubt I would have made it to the game. As far as I'm aware Derby called the game off because of safety reasons. Cardiff had no involvement in making that decision. How can they comment on something they have had no involvement in.

Ah,I see now, the game was off because we couldn't get the gritters  out. Sorry if that one's already been done, but I'm having difficulty making it through all the snow in this thread:ph34r:

Archived