Derby County v Cardiff City F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picking Vydra would’ve sent out totally the wrong message after his performance on Saturday in my opinion. Probably wouldn’t have brought Jerome in and might have wanted Ledley in for Johnson but can’t say I’d have changed much other than that.

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

No, because our season could be over. Not only is he playing 5 at the back at home again, which failed miserably at the weekend, but he’s dropped the leagues top scorer and brought in the worst player in our squad 

The thing is if it gets us a result then I'll go home happy but it failed on Saturday. 

I'd love it if Rowatt could be brave tonight and play an attacking game with possibly 2 up front. It would throw Cardiff and whilst we're attacking they are busy defending. Our style of play worked when we had a reliable confident defence but they are making to many mistakes. I think I'll scream if I hear the excuse lack of concentration again . Get Palmer on go for the early goals and then at least we won't be chasing the game when the older player' s legs have gone. I'm not bothered about going up because we are simply not good enough but please let's wipe the smile of Warnock's face.

2 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

I'd love it if Rowatt could be brave tonight and play an attacking game with possibly 2 up front. It would throw Cardiff and whilst we're attacking they are busy defending. Our style of play worked when we had a reliable confident defence but they are making to many mistakes. I think I'll scream if I hear the excuse lack of concentration again . Get Palmer on go for the early goals and then at least we won't be chasing the game when the older player' s legs have gone. I'm not bothered about going up because we are simply not good enough but please let's wipe the smile of Warnock's face.

We need to concentrate ?

Trying to not make any rash comments but I'm rapidly losing faith.

Need a win tonight and he just won't put out an attacking team.

Still behind him but think he's reached the stage of desperation and any win will be down to luck more than judgement. 

COYR

Well on the bright side if Lawrence is playing at CAM he might have a pretty good game today. However we are playing so many defensive players I assume the tactic is to just line them up on the goal line and just block it off entirely. If the ball ever leaves our own half, never mind gets as far as Lawrence the team will have my congratulations. 

Just now, RamsFan10 said:

We finally play a formation that can fig both Vydra and Palmer and we play neither... Would've gone for Weimann in the middle and Vydra/Palmer behind personally.

Might be a decent shout. Villa fans preached to us that weimann was better as a central striker. It force us to keep the ball on the floor and play through the pitch. Looks like it’s 90 minutes of smashing the ball to Jerome, him losing the ball then us defending.

Why no Bogle, Thomas or Thorne for the U23s last night then, in their crucial battle against the drop? For some reason I thought that we might see Wisdom as one of the three CBs tonight and Bogle in at right wing back. A real curve ball, to surprise the opposition and delight the fans.

No idea why I was kidding myself about something so patently ridiculous.

Archived