Derby County v Cardiff City F.C.

Boycie

2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Not sure how anyone can 'like' Colin. Respect his abilities, acknowledge his record, admire his tenacity and all that maybe but 'like' him?As for us losing out, I'd rather that than have him drag Derby through the gutter the way he has Cardiff with his baseless accusations and general behaviour, both on and off the pitch.

He's one of those guy's he's a **** but if he's your manager he's your **** .As for the snowgate incident I'm surprised anyone took him seriously ,he's so transparent it's unbelievable and he still gets people going.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, McLovin said:

Huddlestone's lack of mobility is absolutely killing us in the midfield but he's too good to leave out so I propose this team:

Carson

Wisdom     Huddlestone    Davies  Olsson

Hanson            Ledley

Weimann           Palmer           Lawrence

Vydra

Keogh's become a right liability recently and isn't contributing anything offensively or defensively. A much superior manager in Marco Silva played Huddlestone as a centre back in the premier league and he worked brilliantly in there and nearly helped Hull to make the great escape. As a centre back in that team, he wouldn't be caught out as Wisdom would be fairly close to him and the two cdms would provide protection. His ability on the ball deep would help us immensely. Hanson and Ledley would give us the much needed energy in the midfield.

As for Vydra, he is really beginning to annoy me and I wouldn't mind if we sold him. We have built the entire team around him and he still acts like a child as opposed to Lawrence( who I have been critical of) who hasn't complained and gets on with his job.. That said, he's still the top scorer in the league and we need to get him in somehow. His lack of workrate wouldn't be as much of an issue if we played him right up top. The likes of Weimann and Palmer would provide the workrate behind him.

I'm not afraid of cardiff, I think they are an average team who have used the momentum to their advantage and I would only take Gunnarson from their team. I'm more concerned about what we do, not them. 

Hanson & Ledley in midfield. Oh my...........................

2 hours ago, King Kevin said:

He's one of those guy's he's a **** but if he's your manager he's your **** .As for the snowgate incident I'm surprised anyone took him seriously ,he's so transparent it's unbelievable and he still gets people going.

Isn't that my point? That he's a ****. That's where it starts and finishes with me and I'd still not want him at the club, our **** or not.

Carson
                           Wisdom Davies Keogh
             Weimann Huddlestone Ledley Olsson
                            Thomas Vydra Lawrence

Would like to see our own youngster in the side instead of Chelsea's, but I doubt that will happen. In fact, we probably won't even see Palmer either! 

18 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Carson
                           Wisdom Davies Keogh
             Weimann Huddlestone Ledley Olsson
                            Thomas Vydra Lawrence

Would like to see our own youngster in the side instead of Chelsea's, but I doubt that will happen. In fact, we probably won't even see Palmer either! 

Try swapping Thomas for Johnson and Baird for olsson if you're Gary Rowett.

Carson

Keogh     Huddlestone    Davies

Wisdom                                         Olsson   

Palmer         Johnson

Weimann                       Lawrence

Vydra

On 22/04/2018 at 11:57, McLovin said:

Huddlestone's lack of mobility is absolutely killing us in the midfield but he's too good to leave out so I propose this team:

Carson

Wisdom     Huddlestone    Davies  Olsson

Hanson            Ledley

Weimann           Palmer           Lawrence

Vydra

Keogh's become a right liability recently and isn't contributing anything offensively or defensively. A much superior manager in Marco Silva played Huddlestone as a centre back in the premier league and he worked brilliantly in there and nearly helped Hull to make the great escape. As a centre back in that team, he wouldn't be caught out as Wisdom would be fairly close to him and the two cdms would provide protection. His ability on the ball deep would help us immensely. Hanson and Ledley would give us the much needed energy in the midfield.

As for Vydra, he is really beginning to annoy me and I wouldn't mind if we sold him. We have built the entire team around him and he still acts like a child as opposed to Lawrence( who I have been critical of) who hasn't complained and gets on with his job.. That said, he's still the top scorer in the league and we need to get him in somehow. His lack of workrate wouldn't be as much of an issue if we played him right up top. The likes of Weimann and Palmer would provide the workrate behind him.

I'm not afraid of cardiff, I think they are an average team who have used the momentum to their advantage and I would only take Gunnarson from their team. I'm more concerned about what we do, not them. 

I think if the plan is to get the most out of Huddlestone I'd play him at the base of midfield in a 352 with two energetic players beside him. Similar to how Pirlo was played at Juventus in his last few years there. Something like:

Wisdom Keogh Davies

Huddlestone 

Anya  Hanson  Palmer Olsson

Lawrence 

Vydra

That way you have wing backs stretching the pitch for him to play diagonals. Plenty of options to play short and plenty of legs around him so he can just sit and block space. 

3 hours ago, thekingofbuxton said:

SC

AW  RK  CD

AW            TH           CF

MV        TL

DN

?

Our back four is nearly an anagram of awkward 

6 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

SC

AW  RK  CD

AW            TH           CF