Derby County v Cardiff City F.C.

Boycie

Not a game for the faint hearted this one ,, height and strength really will be required in this one 

Carson

wisdom.       Keogh.     Davies.  fozzy 

wieman.       Hudds     Ledley.    Tom 

Jerome.     Vydra

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d stick with the same formation but switch it up so it works better...

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies

Weimann Thorne Palmer Olsson

Lawrence Nugent Vydra

Its far from perfect but that has more of an attacking balance than it did on Saturday. Think Huddlestone is shattered (unsurprisingly, given he’s played nearly every minute and been basically on their own his midfield), so putting Thorne alongside Palmer will give greater balance- Thorne to sit back, defend and distribute, while Palmer links and carries the ball. Wisdom ain’t good enough in the final third to be a wingback, but he’s a damn sight better than Forsyth so that sorts that problem, weimann is the best we have in that wing back role really. 

Going forward you’d want a more suitable wingback than weimann who’s better defensively, and someone better altogether than olsson (tho I think he’s better there than lb). Think it’s definately the best way going into next year though, it gets the best out of Lawrence and allows us to be more adventurous in midfield.

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’d stick with the same formation but switch it up so it works better...

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies

Weimann Thorne Palmer Olsson

Lawrence Nugent Vydra

Its far from perfect but that has more of an attacking balance than it did on Saturday. Think Huddlestone is shattered (unsurprisingly, given he’s played nearly every minute and been basically on their own his midfield), so putting Thorne alongside Palmer will give greater balance- Thorne to sit back, defend and distribute, while Palmer links and carries the ball. Wisdom ain’t good enough in the final third to be a wingback, but he’s a damn sight better than Forsyth so that sorts that problem, weimann is the best we have in that wing back role really. 

Going forward you’d want a more suitable wingback than weimann who’s better defensively, and someone better altogether than olsson (tho I think he’s better there than lb). Think it’s definately the best way going into next year though, it gets the best out of Lawrence and allows us to be more adventurous in midfield.

I like that, would swap Ledley for Thorne tho. Not a chance in hell Gary will play such an attacking team unfortunately 

2 hours ago, Doodle said:

I like that, would swap Ledley for Thorne tho. Not a chance in hell Gary will play such an attacking team unfortunately 

Yeah you could swap ledley in, probably more likely given rumours of thornes falling out with Gary, but if we were to rest Huddlestone I think we still need a proper distributor. Think you’re right on the second point, we’ll set out to defend and try and nick one as usual and if that fails.....erm...nothing.

Hi everyone. Tomorrow is such a huge evening for both clubs. Even if you drew all isn’t lost but I really feel you lot must go all out for a win tomorrow.  It’s essential for you as it is for us.  As much as it’s horrible relying on other teams I feel if you beat Cardiff tomorrow you definitely have a chance.  It’s all swings and roundabouts though I guess.  Fingers crossed. I’ll be a RAM for two hours tomorrow evening. 

19 minutes ago, Barney_FFC said:

Hi everyone. Tomorrow is such a huge evening for both clubs. Even if you drew all isn’t lost but I really feel you lot must go all out for a win tomorrow.  It’s essential for you as it is for us.  As much as it’s horrible relying on other teams I feel if you beat Cardiff tomorrow you definitely have a chance.  It’s all swings and roundabouts though I guess.  Fingers crossed. I’ll be a RAM for two hours tomorrow evening. 

Good, you can take my place, I'll be a quivering wreck!

As for formations, I'm going 3 at the back too.

Brandy

Stella                 Guinness              Stella

Stella                   Stella

Drambuie           Stella              Drambuie

Staropramen

Pusses Navy Rum

Solid at the back, chasers for the long balls into the channels, a cheeky Czech in the 10 role, and something dark and strong up top.

Should be enough to get us through the match.

3 hours ago, archied said:

Not a game for the faint hearted this one ,, height and strength really will be required in this one 

Carson

wisdom.       Keogh.     Davies.  fozzy 

wieman.       Hudds     Ledley.    Tom 

Jerome.     Vydra

Looking at that team it’s hard to see why you’re struggling , that looks like a very decent championship outfit on paper

12 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

Unfortunately the way we are playing . I think even Burton and Sunderland could beat us at the mo .......... oh wait a minute

They did

Got to keep the faith I never would have believed we’d be where  we are now  at Christmas. To still have the playoffs in your own hands at this stage is vital. You must believe  never give up always hope. 

1 hour ago, Barney_FFC said:

Got to keep the faith I never would have believed we’d be where  we are now  at Christmas. To still have the playoffs in your own hands at this stage is vital. You must believe  never give up always hope. 

Don’t worry Barney, every single Derby fan wants you to get 2nd, let’s hope our players want that too :thumbsup:

Hmmmmmmmmm

Carson

Wisdom   Keogh    Davies   Fozzy

Hudd.              Olsson

Anya

Lawrence

Vydra

Nugent

I think Gary's onto something with this overloading the left side thing.

7 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Good, you can take my place, I'll be a quivering wreck!

As for formations, I'm going 3 at the back too.

Brandy

Stella                 Guinness              Stella

Stella                   Stella

Drambuie           Stella              Drambuie

Staropramen

Pusses Navy Rum

Solid at the back, chasers for the long balls into the channels, a cheeky Czech in the 10 role, and something dark and strong up top.

Should be enough to get us through the match.

Not a bad line up rev but I’d like to see Martin in there, Remy Martin like, VSOP. ;)

I've got a really good feeling about this one. Absolutely no idea why. But I'm running with it.

It might hurt, but you'll miss all this when the summer comes. Enjoy it because it's nearly done for a few months.

Just got to get work out of the way first... :(

10 hours ago, Barney_FFC said:

We'll be able to go all out for 20 mins or so - if we haven't scored 3 or 4 in that time our team of pensioners will be too exhausted to move and then its game over.

If Cardiff score first forget it. Sorry - best we can do.

Archived