18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Is there evidence of that? Or was it just posted by someone when the rumor of his signing was circulating? 

Fair enough, if they do go to PP but I don't understand why they would. 

Im pretty sure at the time there was a photo off him 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Im pretty sure at the time there was a photo off him 

Can't find any evidence on twitter, the lad who started the thread on here did say Pride Park but...

I maintain that every photo I've seen of a new signing has been at Moor Farm, they have offices there, so I'm just dubious as to whether or not they have any reason to go to Pride Park. Carson's interview that day was inside the indoor training pitch at Moor Farm I believe.

I will continue to therefore instantly doubt tweets from anyone (especially some random Forest fan, mind ? ) that say they've spotted a player at Pride Park

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Can't find any evidence on twitter, the lad who started the thread on here did say Pride Park but...

I maintain that every photo I've seen of a new signing has been at Moor Farm, they have offices there, so I'm just dubious as to whether or not they have any reason to go to Pride Park. Carson's interview that day was inside the indoor training pitch at Moor Farm I believe.

I will continue to therefore instantly doubt tweets from anyone (especially some random Forest fan, mind ? ) that say they've spotted a player at Pride Park

Either way I don't want us to be signing Jordan Smith...

2 minutes ago, David said:

Just this.

To be fair that is true of me anyway - maybe I've wasted a lot of effort being that specific! 

Jordan's uncle is also grandfather to one of our academy lads. I was chatting to him at an under 23s match and was a bit embarrassed as I'd never heard of his nephew (who was playing in Forest's first team at the time!)

Football is a small world and maybe they were just all having a coffee or something?

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

It's true that the vast majority of pictures etc. are at Moor Farm but I did see Raul Albentosa at PP myself before the signing was announced...and look how that turned out...

Saying that, whilst I wouldn't be against signing a new number 2, it's a 'no thanks' from me.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Jordan's uncle is also grandfather to one of our academy lads. I was chatting to him at an under 23s match and was a bit embarrassed as I'd never heard of his nephew (who was playing in Forest's first team at the time!)

Football is a small world and maybe they were just all having a coffee or something?

Also he's from Derbyshire/Notts border according to Wikipedia

Easily could have just been in Derby for shopping - Might have family who are Derby fans and off to the store to by a present? Grabbing a coffee after he's done the park and ride at PP? He might even live in Derby 

The options beyond "signing" are numerous

On 27 June 2018 at 14:46, Parsnip said:

DET has Alex Pearce linked with QPR. I can see why he was given a contract - he's definitely worth a bob or two.

Agree.

he's worth two bob.

On 27/06/2018 at 12:58, cheron85 said:

Easily could have just been in Derby for shopping - Might have family who are Derby fans and off to the store to by a present? Grabbing a coffee after he's done the park and ride at PP? He might even live in Derby 

I've seen both Jordan Smith and Kelle Roos play several times and we have the far better keeper at Pride Park already. Would be a bizarre signing so if he was there I hope it was a "just visiting" trip.

On 27/06/2018 at 12:58, cheron85 said:

He is from Pinxton.

Bizarrely when i ran playschemes for South Normanton and Pinxton kids, Max Lowe and Jordan Smith were on the same scheme. 

16 minutes ago, Spaghetti Carbonari said:

Where’s the thread for Tammy Abraham. Hearing he’s in initial talks over a loan. 

Nothing gets a thread until its been stated by a verifiable source.

Archived