Notts Forest F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, KCG said:

According to the usual suspects we were going to get rolled over today by a resurgent, young and exciting Forest team. As usual, they were wrong and proved they know nothing about football.

Exactly KCG, too many so called plastic Derby fans just tellin' stories.

Take me back to the good old days, before all this miserable Internet pish with all it's miserable geeks who wouldn't know football if it landed on to their keyboards!

Take me back to the real football days, and music, and being young and free and Derby County.

I'm down the front enjoying myself at the Phoenix Festival, anyone else there?

Right I'm off, my eldest lad wants to watch Napoli v Inter Milan.

Up The Charlatans (plenty on here!)

18 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Has Palmer too much ability and legs to start a game ? 

Whose SkyGo password did you have to watch it today?

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Stats I saw say 2 on target

Beeb have none - but hey - there still crap!!

Home TeamNottm ForestAway TeamDerby

Possession

Home54%

Away46%

Shots

Home6

Away15

Shots on Target

Home0

Away2

Corners

Home6

Away6

Fouls

Home14

Away19

9 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Beeb have none - but hey - there still crap!!

Home TeamNottm ForestAway TeamDerby

Possession

Home54%

Away46%

Shots

Home6

Away15

Shots on Target

Home0

Away2

Corners

Home6

Away6

Fouls

Home14

Away19

Forgive me if I'm wrong but goals win games and that was a big fat 0.

1 minute ago, Gritters said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong but goals win games and that was a big fat 0.

they do indeed  - and today we should have murdered Forest - they were shockin!! and no point did i think we were going to concede 

i was only highlighting their threat on our goal - non existent 

the sooner we get our shooting boots on the better

I wasn’t looking forward to today. However we played with intensity, with fight, with passion and were positive even if the quality lacked at times. Edged the game definitely the better team, didn’t quite do enough to win. Hopefully we get some players back from injury for the Cardiff game. We play with that attitude performances will improve and wins will come. 

Danny Fox getting MoM is a joke, Huddlestone was by far the best player on the park - red card was a complete joke. Interesting how Tomlin was never booked for diving yet Lawrence was - another joke decision.

Special mention for Curtis Davies - immense and that tackle early on set the tone! Awesome

Forest really surprised me today. Derby a team massively out of form, yet they never went for it once. Karanka has improved their defence immeasurably which made it very difficult for us. On another day we would’ve got the rub of the green and the victory.

Just now, irobinson said:

they do indeed  - and today we should have murdered Forest - they were shockin!! and no point did i think we were going to concede 

i was only highlighting their threat on our goal - non existent 

the sooner we get our shooting boots on the better

While watching the game it didn't feel as though there was a non existent threat. With the home crowd roaring on the team going forward it only takes a lapse of concentration and the ball is in the back of the net. Having said that we had the better chances and should have been 1 up by half time. It was quite entertaining when Kasey Palmer came on and Forest didn't know how to handle him. He needs to keep it up longer rather than just 5 minutes though. 

1 hour ago, Ram8 said:

Absolutely ludicrous Sky Sports player ratings .. Huddlestone was easily the best player on either side .. what experience of watching football do these people have ? Their ability to assess quality in a player is abysmal, and they should be persuaded to come on this forum and explain their decisions .. NEVER have I ever seen the BEST player in a match rated as the WORST !! 

Ram8  Go on the Notts Post site the lowest a Forest player got was 7. and two even got 8 don't no how many they get when they play well 

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

You're right in as much as one win in seven isn't promotion form, and to be honest the last couple of games have looked to me like we'd either given up or were like rabbits frozen in headlights.

Today I thought we were back to the Derby of earlier in the season; really solid defensively, fighting for balls and looking like we would not concede.

We can do better going forward no doubt. Vydra was a miss, and everyone was probably surprised to see Palmer on the bench given the impact he has had since coming to Derby. Today we should have won - those moments before half time and Andy Weimann's air kick at the end could easily have gone in on another day, so it wasn't like we weren't creating anything. At the other end, to restrict a Forest team who have come into good form under their new manager to nothing at all deserves praise.

In the blood and thunder of an away local derby, on the back of a winless run, we were the better team no doubt.

So while it wasn't perfect, those are the reasons I express satisfaction.

Got to agree with you after going to QPR we looked a mile better to day 

The ball stuck up top more with Palmer on the pitch. He’s got to start against Cardiff. I thought Johnson and Weimann did great today as well.... don’t think any Derby player was less than a 7/10 if honest.... apart from Carson, 3/10 as he had feck all to do. :ph34r:

oh.... not much mentioned on Sky or the official site about the BC trophy.... did we forget to take it?? :lol:

2 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Daft comment what did Cash actually do in 90 minutes Forsyth never game him a sniff 

Agree. Him and many other Forest players went missing today. I wouldn’t have any one of their players in our team, not even the jolly green giant, ho ho ho.

Archived