Notts Forest F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Boycie said:

So who was the guy on the giant banner thing?

did they borrow it from Greece?

Giuseppe Garibaldi, born in Nice and made his living by being a general arse kicker and gun for hire  in 19th Century causes from Argentina to Italy.

His volunteers wore Red shirts, hence the term Garibaldi red. 

Although I thought it was their chairman at first. 

If we see a Rupert Murdoch flag surfing the North Stand come Sunday, we'll know where the idea has come from!

The performance was miles better than that at QPR but we lack creativity and quality when it matters. The players all put in a performance today and looked like they were up for it, unlike at QPR. As soon as Palmer came on, we suddenly looked more threateneing, he must start against Cardiff. Overall our run in in is not easy and we need a win ASAP!!!!!!!

22 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Just seen Toms second yellow on the news.

He stuck he leg out as Fatty went past.

Easy decision for the ref to make.

Not the way we saw it. No complaints about 1st yellow, but 2nd never been. Clever by Tomlin

Palmer got fouled 3 times in a row worse than Huddlestones collision and no cards.

18 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Not the way we saw it. No complaints about 1st yellow, but 2nd never been. Clever by Tomlin

Palmer got fouled 3 times in a row worse than Huddlestones collision and no cards.

I watched the game in the company of some Stokies and they couldn’t believe how the ref allowed Palmer to be fouled every time he was on the ball yet sent Tom off for an innocuous challenge. 

They are dreading next season in the championship:lol:

We really do get **** refs though don’t we?

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Could we have had a penalty when Weimann had his air shot? Osborn dived in to block the shot, that never came and ended taking him out.

Thought it was a stonewaller but didn’t get mentioned. Presumably didn’t fit the desired narrative Sky were using today.

9 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Giuseppe Garibaldi, born in Nice and made his living by being a general arse kicker and gun for hire  in 19th Century causes from Argentina to Italy.

His volunteers wore Red shirts, hence the term Garibaldi red.

That is the most tenuous link imaginable to the football club. Have they not got any of their own heritage or history to work with? What’s next, the Spanish Armada down the Trent?

PistoldPete2
50 minutes ago, David said:

We can't expect to beat forest every game with only 10 men, sometimes we have to settle for a draw. 

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

That is the most tenuous link imaginable to the football club. Have they not got any of their own heritage or history to work with? What’s next, the Spanish Armada down the Trent?

and whats with Mull of Kintyre eh? - f@@ki weird club!!?? - mist rolling off the Trent????

10 hours ago, Boycie said:

Just seen Toms second yellow on the news.

He stuck he leg out as Fatty went past.

Easy decision for the ref to make.

Tomlin's "tactic" yesterday was clearly about going down as many times as possible...as the TV commentators said it was a "very harsh decision" to give a yellow for it. I suspect it may have been given for "persistent foul play"; from GR's interview, he mentioned to the ref at H-T what was "clearly going on and why" yet the ref, who had booked TL for "diving" earlier decided to ignore GR's point and give TH a second yellow. Inconsistent and poor refereeing and I have sympathy for GR. 

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I watched the game in the company of some Stokies and they couldn’t believe how the ref allowed Palmer to be fouled every time he was on the ball yet sent Tom off for an innocuous challenge. 

They are dreading next season in the championship:lol:

We really do get **** refs though don’t we?

Not one to normally complain about refs but i thought he was poor. No idea how he didn't book Johnson for persistent fouling, Lawrence was never a dive. He did at least try to let the game flow but there was no consistency.

Archived