Derby County vs Leeds United

Bwash_Ram

Dunno what to think of that gam overall to be honest ...

At least we showed charectar and bottle to get a point at the end. Other than that, we dominated the game but worryingly couldn’t get the win. Annoyingly leeds had set up right into our hands, Huddlestone and Weimann had a field day and were both excellent, but we just weren’t clinical enough. We had so much space in the attacking third mainly due to Leeds incompetence to clear the ball, but Lawrence in particular couldn’t take advantage, shooting from ridiculous positions and running into dead ends- I’m sorry, but 5 million my ******* arse! It’s really worryingly our lack of clinical finishing cause we won’t face a defence that bad again this season- Nugent especially had his worst game for derby. That first goal was an embarrassment as well, Keogh was made to look like a 5 year old down the park leaving his man like that, unusual for him tho tbf..

Thats top two gone imo, and it ain’t anything to do with mentality this year, we just don’t have the quality. We’re a left winger and a quality striker short and that will cost us. So so frustarting given our spine is excellent, Vydra was awesome again today, as was Huddlestone who must be playing football close to his prem prime now, some of those passes were unbelievable! Guess we just have to regroup and for gods sake get some form back and hold onto the playoffs, if we go in with a head of steam we’re in with a chance but another couple of these results and we’re finished.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought that was a top first half performance some of the passing and movement was really pleasing on the eye. I think Leeds' first goal caught us off guard, we'd had so much off the Ball and so many chances we lacked concentration when it mattered. 

Overall I'd take 2-2 on the whole performance we needed to be more clinical when it mattered. All those shouting that we shouldn't have let Martin go , that's not the problem , the problem is Sammy Winnnall getting injured , Jerome was never bought in to be first choice more of an impact player , the first choice was always going to be Nugent or Winnnall with Nugent being bang out of form were missing Winnnall a lot more that I thought we would have. 

8 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Really stupid goals given away tonight and what was with the idiotic shots from distance? Bradley Johnson was woeful when he came on. 

We did enough to win the game, but just wasteful in the final third. Missing a top striker and a replacement for Russell. 

Do agree in terms of his performance on the ball, but tbf he came on and did a fair bit of leading. He was the one shouting everyone to get forward and driving them on, the sort of leadership we haven’t really seen from him before.

21 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Whatever happens and whatever division we are in I hope we get better SUPPORT.

some fans really are vile and embarrassing.

even at half time I heard players getting slated. I think some people need to emigrate and go support Barcelona as it's the only way they will be happy.

My support is always strong mate and I never slate or criticise or boo or do anything other than support my team and I'm one of the loud ones so hope you're not aiming that one in my direction  ....but my opinion does not change about players that I feel are not good enough ...that's what this forum is for 

24 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Whatever happens and whatever division we are in I hope we get better SUPPORT.

some fans really are vile and embarrassing.

even at half time I heard players getting slated. I think some people need to emigrate and go support Barcelona as it's the only way they will be happy.

Go on then- probably warmer there at the minute  .  Flights on you .

27 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Can't blame people constantly for not getting behind this team at the moment  .  A few thousand people leave with 10 minutes to go .  Probably at work tomorrow and they've just been feed 40 minutes of cack football second half.   If this team didn't have the ability to do better than they are and had been playing at this standard all year the crowd would be right behind them .  Its frustration

Over the last 35 years seen some good teams and truly piss poor ones .  Those piss poor ones winning 10 matches all season got terrific support even when battling relegation all season because the crowd knew they were doing the best.   It's up to the players to give the crowd something to get behind as well. 

If you didn't enjoy the game tonight,you need to go and support another team,we clearly had enough chances to win comfortably.

we go a goal down and some of the so called supporters start moaning straight away instead of getting behind the team,SHOCKING SUPPORT,why don't they just stay away!

22 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Those piss poor ones winning 10 matches all season got terrific support even when battling relegation all season because the crowd knew they were doing the best.

I know you are entitled to your opinion and I am also entitled to say I think your opinion is pathetic.

The 'not giving it their best' argument is such a dull cliche and almost always wrong. The England team not trying enough is a similar trite example.

And to criticise this team after the season we've had is borderline pathetic. We've just dominated Leeds for the majority of the match and not won due to some poor finishing and a couple of highly infrequent defensive lapses.

We even fought our way back for a point when our heads could have dropped. And then you claim we weren't giving it our best, like our players did in the 'glory' years when the players and team were rubbish and always tried their hardest.

Not like this bunch of mercanaries who have lost one in 15 or so and are still well in the hunt for automatic promotion.

Give me strength.

29 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Unfortunately the problems of previous seasons still seem very apparent to me and haven’t been addressed.

The front four feel like they’ve never played together for starters 

I presume you have been in a coma since August and just woke up in time for this game?

9 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

Really? His passing, crossing and shooting was woeful tonight and ruined countless attacks. He's had significantly better games this season.

For ages being the pertinent part. I agree he played better early season but hasn’t played better for ages. Always better to read and understand a post before contradicting it i

Surprising amount of negativity on here, even by this board's usual standards. I feel as disappointed and frustrated as anyone, but for that first half we played much better football than we have for a while. The movement was sharper and we played the ball with intent and pace. Lawrence, who has really struggled, had his best game for a while, Vydra worked his socks off, Weimann was far better than normal while Tommy H ran the game from midfield.

The opening goal was very un-Derby like in the defending and the second, while Olsson and Vydra should have cleaned the player out, had some bad fortune as Carson made a good save from point blank range only for the ball, which could have gone anywhere, land plum on the head of their striker.

With Nugent off form, Winnall injured, that only leaves us Jerome and the lack of quality up top might well be the undoing of us. I hope not.

But while, given our complete dominance in the first half, it's two points dropped, there are for me more positives to take than any of the other recent home performances. 

6 minutes ago, LazloW said:

No. I thought he had a good game.  Good corner which created a golden chance, good run and cross for a decent chance for Nugent, good shot hitting the bar.  He kept on running his fullback on the outside, which was more effective than his usual cutting inside.  As he has become scapegoat-in-chief you won't get too many agreeing... but when minds are made up, they're made up.  As Fletch would say "graceless nerks" who find it impossible to give any credit where it is due.

Bit of a weird performance for me. 

Had plenty of good bits of play throughout his performance but still a few of the madness moments which brings him, and ultimately our attacks, down. I don't think he's being scapegoated, he's just consistently making the same mistakes at the moment which frustrates people because he's clearly got talent. Clearly got a good delivery and a good shot on him too. He just needs to learn when to shoot/deliver instead of hanging on to the ball that second or two longer and trying to score from obscure angles miles from goal when there are better options on. 

Similar to Weimann's performance IMO, who let himself down with his final finish/delivery again far too often despite on the whole being a general nuisance. One thing evident tonight is how much more open Weimann makes himself compared to Lawrence. I'd have to watch Lawrence a bit more carefully next time but maybe he's similar to Russell in that respect. For all Weimann's end product flaws he's always an option for Baird or our centre mid's and his runs are very intelligent too. If his finishing was up to scratch he'd have had 2 more goals this week after a couple of cracking runs through opponent's defence's. 

I don't think either played badly, especially when you look at the first half as a team performance, they played their parts. They just weren't quite upto what's required to be winning us games, not quite promotion chasing quality as Gary alluded to in his interview. 

I am impressed with the manner, and timing, of our two goals.

Maybe we got hit with a couple of sucker punches but we didn't lie on the canvas and await a count of ten.

We scored in injury time in both halves.

That shows character and determination, together with a degree of self-belief which, if nothing else, will guarantee a top six finish and possible pr*****on!???????????

Archived