Derby County vs Leeds United

Bwash_Ram

18 minutes ago, Doodle said:

For ages being the pertinent part. I agree he played better early season but hasn’t played better for ages. Always better to read and understand a post before contradicting it i

Thanks for the tip given in such a condescending and patronising manner, I'll try to keep it in mind.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Alpha said:

His passing is way way above this level. 

I just find it easy to criticise his positioning/mobility. 

But then if he could recover from bad positions quickly he'd probably be getting the odd England cap still

Deffo needs mobility around him to let him off the hook on occasion 

Aye, his seamless 40 yard balls when he's off balance and under pressure which land at a Derby players feet every time are certainly next level. 

Not just his passing either, he's just a very good, aware and composed player. Like a snooker player who already knows where his next 3 passes are going. You don't see many players at this level with his level of composure, in-fact it's a pretty rare trait for a British footballer to have such calmness on the ball regardless. He's worth half your match ticket at the moment, his consistency is up there with anything George Thorne has ever shown in a Derby shirt and he's a hero. 

I think we're catering a bit more for his mobility issues than we did earlier on in this season, although we were exposed at Hillsborough due to this. Hopefully once Ledley has another game or two in him we'll get that balance right in there like it was during the good run. 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I Was behind the ball into the box and they were not going to be near it and for me carson should have had that one

Keogh was well out of position and wasn't even trying to get back into where he should be! Culpable, for me.

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Too many draws. Some will say how it was a good point because of the position we were in, but in truth, we should never have been in that position. Both embarrassing defending. I've been the first to praise Davies and Keogh, but what are they doing for the first goal? Both of them should have done better, and so should Carson, is he coming or going? In the end he did neither. Tom Lawrence is the most frustrating footballer I've watched in a while. I would gladly trade him for Ince.

Well of course you would trade Lawrence for ince. He did cost about half we got for ince to be fair. 

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Well,at least it wasn't boring which is the first time I have said that for some time.

All seemed slightly chaotic to be honest,we pressed high from the off and dominated possession at first but we had absolutely no cutting edge and relied on crosses into the box which we didn't have the ability to convert and it wasn't until wieman began to cut into the box that we looked likely to score.

Wieman, by the way, was my man of the match,looking quick,agile and a constant threat.

Second in line was Huddleston who was pretty immense but Curtis and keogh were pretty brilliant too and worked non stop.

Poor old Nugent couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo and made several errors in possession together with some poor passes.Im not sure what Gary had done to him but he looks a different player from earlier in the season.

Vydra tried hard and made some good little runs but was largely muscled out of the game.Tried hard but didn't even get a shot off.

Jerome made no impact but had no real service and Palmer looked quite bright but caused us to concede the second goal with his free kick which was made up for by his goal i suppose.

My biggest concern is our attack...we are more reliant on vydra than we were on Martin for our goals and Nugent was completely off the boil.Lawrence,whilst better tonight,still isn't producing the goods and Johnson is never a left bloody winger as long as he has a hole in his ****.

Jerome is as lost in this system as Martin was i.m.o and we are left without a poacher now winnall is injured.

Gary's made some poor decisions in his handling of our attackers this season. and it has only been compounded by the transfer window.....

I suspect it will cost us dearly this season.

How did I know this post would include the word "Martin" before I got near the end ?

3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

So it's your fault the players aren't trying then. If you and other 80s fans glassed a few of those pleasant oppo fans, then we could have loads of proper trouble again. The fans would all be together and this would rub off on all our lazy players who don't care.

Think your deliberately misconstruing what i'm saying here aren't you. And playing into my argument at the same time.. Others are allowed to a have a different opinion to you - as so eloquently put in the opening paragraph in your earlier gambit .  x

15 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

A good post. Whatever you want to say about the players tonight, you can't accuse them of lack of effort or desire. They worked their socks off.

Thought the atmosphere was good tonight, much better than recently, and the fans did get behind the team. Even the East Stand started a chant at one stage! The Leeds fans were excellent so it was great to nick a goal at the end and shut them up!

Totally agree with this , I thought that the fans were very vocal tonight and if we didn’t sound it on the tele' it was because the Leeds fans were even louder. The only time they stopped was when our second went in.

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Keogh was well out of position and wasn't even trying to get back into where he should be! Culpable, for me.

I respect your viewpoint but for me Olson standing twenty feet away from a man running behind him and Carson were at fault but like you said the CB needed to nearer

14 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

No it wasn't aimed at you.

i think crowds are down because people are sick of the negativity generated by the fans. I don't wanna hear some of the slagging off some of our players get and neither does my 10 year old son. Every time a player makes a wayward pass or shoots off target all I hear is he ******* ****, bring back Russell, bring back Martin. It's pathetic. These are the same people that were booing ince last season when his name was read out and slating those 2 players whenever they made a mistake.

maybe I just need to move seats next year to get away from it as it's really depressing and there's enough crap in life without having to listen to it every match which should be an enjoyable occasion win lose or draw if the players gave it there all.

Unfortunately moving seats might not help I ageee though about the negativity when we are supposed to be vocal and support ...I must admit I have a low tolerance level for so called fans spewing vile statements out of there mouth usually after having one too many shandys...I get away with voicing my own opinion if it's in my face and monotonous but I probably get away with it as I'm usually alone and because of  my size lol but if my son was with me I'd prob  not say anything ...I hate kids who lets be honest  are the future...hearing and having to put  up with vile hateful comments...last season I reacted when I probably shouldn't of to a bloke at QPR who was slating Ince ....who then got the winner...I agree some players can struggle for form ...e.g. Nugent but I still love his workrate and desire but would never shout abuse at him..

getting to my original point though I just don't get Olson as he seems not good enough and not just in one or two games ...left back seriously needs addressing for me ..long way to go we can still do it ...Cardiff and Villa to play ...we can beat both :thumbsup:

Ok performance going forward  by the team tonight but we need to start taking our chances. We seemed to lose control of the game when Saiz came on for them, good player though. Defensively it was embarrassing for both goals, Olsson should of took a yellow and be done with it. We need to win at our bogey side reading, otherwise I fear it will be another playoff lottery.  

Archived