Derby County vs Leeds United

Bwash_Ram

2 hours ago, OohMartWright said:

A few random observations from last night:

5. Am I the only one who sees Jerome as a very similar player to Chris Martin - slow to get back from offside positions, not a great deal of movement off the ball but a strong presence when he has it or when challenging aerially? I still believe that he is better as an impact sub than as a starter.

Chris Martin's ability to hold the ball and deliver it accurately to a team member vastly exceeds anything we have seen from Jerome so far. This aspect of Jeromes play may improve and he is a little faster.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

My ratings:

Carson 7-Didn't have a lot to do but could he have come for the cross for their first goal?

Baird 7-Steady

Keogh 7-Apart from going to sleep for 5 seconds for their first goal a decent game

Davies 8-Mr Dependable, hardly seems to put a foot wrong of late

Olsson 5- Had a bit of a mare, at fault for both goals and didn't offer a lot offensively

Hudders 8-Excellent, great passing and got stuck in (My MOTM)

Ledley 7-nothing spectacular but went about his business well

Vydra 8-worked tirelessly but didn't have much of a look in in terms of chances

Lawrence 6-had a good 20 mins first half but faded

Nugent 7-tried hard but missed a good chance second half

Weimann 8-one of his best games, looked lively and took his goal well

Subs:

Jerome 6

Palmer 7

Johnson 6

7 for Nugent?  I thoughts he was poor last night and at Weds last week.

You know, I haven’t seen anybody mention Keogh’s block when a Leeds player leathered it goalbound in the first couple of minutes, I thought it was an outstanding piece of defending and typical of his courage. 

Maybe people thought “that’s what he’s there for” or it wasn’t all that to them but I love a great tackle/block almost as much as a goal and that was up there with some of the best defending I’ve seen this season.

Just saying. :)

21 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Always supported this team and find you tone insulting . if were looking at whose a better supporter pretty sure my hand of cards as to the level of support offered and horrible aways days in the 80's will beat yours hands down .  Back in those days you couldn't just shout come on boys and have a pint with some pleasant opposition fans in a local pub . You had to support the team on the pitch and fellow supporters to the safety of the train home .  That camaraderie appears to be lost nowadays on the -if you don't agree with the fact we should support every bad pass I can insult your dismay at will brigade.

Couldn't care less what you think of my tone,I've been going since the late 70s,not looking to see if your a better supporter or not but you obviously think you are! If you don't enjoy it stop going like I said ,this team needs the fans backing not a load of whiners on there backs at the first bad pass.

21 hours ago, Andicis said:

You lecturing the supporters is embarrassing. They pay their money, they can moan if they want to! Don't tell other fans what to do because you don't agree with their methods, who gave you that right? I moaned, we weren't good tonight. So, tell me, am I not a proper supporter? 

I would rather be embarrassing and be getting behind my team than come on a fans forum moaning all the time,why do you go if you don't enjoy it? We were good last night apart from  the two soft goals conceded.

14 minutes ago, Rams forever said:

I would rather be embarrassing and be getting behind my team than come on a fans forum moaning all the time,why do you go if you don't enjoy it? We were good last night apart from  the two soft goals conceded.

I never said I didn't enjoy it, you're paraphrasing to put words into my mouth I didn't say. If I didn't enjoy it, I wouldn't have gone to all the away games I've been to this year. We weren't that good. I was disappointed. Going forward we didn't create many clear cut chances, and gave them pretty much free goals. Anyway, my point is, get off your high horse.

18 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I never said I didn't enjoy it, you're paraphrasing to put words into my mouth I didn't say. If I didn't enjoy it, I wouldn't have gone to all the away games I've been to this year. We weren't that good. I was disappointed. Going forward we didn't create many clear cut chances, and gave them pretty much free goals. Anyway, my point is, get off your high horse.

I posted my opinion about the support,it obviously touched a nerve with you!

not on my high horse,just my opinion the same as many on here...

lump it or like it,i really don't care!

I've just watched the highlights.

What a great captain Keogh is!

Watching his leadership in cutting Palmer's goal celebrations short and virtually dragging him back into the Rams' half because there was still time (90 seconds!) to go for a winner!

The type of captaincy shown by the late great Dave Mackay when some of us were privileged to see him in a Derby shirt.

Not too many players argued with him either!

.....or refs, come to think of it!?

3 hours ago, Rams forever said:

And all the chances missed? We were very fortunate to get of jail at the last minute and avoid defeat.

8 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

And all the chances missed? We were very fortunate to get of jail at the last minute and avoid defeat.

We were not fortunate. The lads worked damn hard for that equaliser. If we had been fortunate, Lawrence's shot would have dipped under the bar instead of nearly breaking it, Carson's save would have rebounded anywhere else than Alioski's head, Nugent would have been standing just two inches further forward when the cross came in, etc, etc. We have gained lucky points this season but that wasn't one of them.

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 20:47, Rams forever said:

Couldn't care less what you think of my tone,I've been going since the late 70s,not looking to see if your a better supporter or not but you obviously think you are! If you don't enjoy it stop going like I said ,this team needs the fans backing not a load of whiners on there backs at the first bad pass.

Not much point carrying on this conversation is there .. will leave you to the world of unicorns and rainbows where the next time we lose 4-0 to someone I should appreciate the fact that we had a decent throw in .

Archived