Derby County vs Leeds United

Bwash_Ram

Sky Bet Championship

Derby County vs Leeds United

7:45pm Wednesday 21st February

Pride Park Stadium  

I thought id have a go again at a match thread, as my last time co-incided with us going on a run (with Leeds the first home game)

so maybe the omens are good.

Though in reality , i suspect it was more to do with us sacking our manager (NP) a day or so after i started the thread, hopefully that part wont repeat.

We've got 8 days rest for all our old tired legs, so we should be chomping at the bit ,and with probably a good crowd and atmosphere, should be a good night under the floodlights.

COYR

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carson

Wisdom    Keogh     Davies     Olsson 

Huddlestone

Ledley                        Johnson 

Vydra

Nugent          Jerome

If 4-2-3-1 isn’t working

6 minutes ago, JW37 said:

Carson

Huddlestone

Vydra

Nugent          Jerome

If 4-2-3-1 isn’t working

This makes me sad.

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Olsson

Ledley Huddlestone

Weimann Vydra Lawrence 

Nugent 

Thats our best team so just send it out. Leeds play 433 which should suit us, they’re out of form like us, so another big game. Time to show this year is gonna be different, lose this and nothing has changed imo.

3 hours ago, JW37 said:

Carson

Huddlestone

Vydra

Nugent          Jerome

If 4-2-3-1 isn’t working

3 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

This makes me sad.

and me.

i think i will inherit a million poinds over night ,before GR starts with nugent, Jerome and Vydra.

4-3-3 onlty ever works if 2 are out wide... in this diamond formation of sorts.. where is the width coming from?

also in this formation you need incredibly energetic midfield 2... would need a bryson. Ledley and johnson arent the most mobile.

On ‎14‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 12:07, Saul Pimpson said:

Carson

Wisdom, Keogh, Davies, Olsson

THudd, Ledley

Palmer, Vydra, Lawrence

Nuge

I like this line-up but wouldn't have a problem with Weimann in place of Palmer. Would expect the non-selected one to come on as a sub with Jerome after 60 minutes unless circumstances dictate otherwise.

2 hours ago, mike93rh said:

I wouldn't be adverse to having Baird or even Johnson start at left back. Forsyth needs protecting atm with the form he's in and I've never been a fan of Olsson. 

Olsson may not be great, but is miles better than anything else we have at left back at the moment. Barring injury he should play the rest of the season. Look to improve in the summer if at all possible, that contract extension for Forsyth is going to prove expensive. It will probably stop us bringing in a much needed upgrade 

24 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Olsson may not be great, but is miles better than anything else we have at left back at the moment. Barring injury he should play the rest of the season. Look to improve in the summer if at all possible, that contract extension for Forsyth is going to prove expensive. It will probably stop us bringing in a much needed upgrade 

Might be able to get some money for Forsyth tbf, no use losing him for free!

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Might be able to get some money for Forsyth tbf, no use losing him for free!

I would expect his current worth is less than the value of his contract. He will therefore and rightly so stick to it. I doubt anyone will buy him and offer a similar wage package. More likely, akin to Bent and Martin he will be loaned out with us paying the majority of the wage until the stupidly extended contract expires 

if our current system has a break for the day..... or leeds go for 3 at the back.  maybe....?  hopefully the pressure is abit less for the lads now. Catch up might suit our group

Carson

Wisdom       Keogh      Davis

huddlestone/thorne

Anya        Palmer    Ledley       Lawrence

nugent          Vydra

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

if our current system has a break for the day..... or leeds go for 3 at the back.  maybe....?  hopefully the pressure is abit less for the lads now. Catch up might suit our group

Carson

Wisdom       Keogh      Davis

huddlestone/thorne

Anya        Palmer    Ledley       Lawrence

nugent          Vydra

Would love us to try 3/5/2. We have 3 natural CB’s who can defend against anything in this division. Anya olsson as wing backs. Ledley Palmer Hudds in the middle and Lawrence Vydra as top 2. 

5 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Would love us to try 3/5/2. We have 3 natural CB’s who can defend against anything in this division. Anya olsson as wing backs. Ledley Palmer Hudds in the middle and Lawrence Vydra as top 2. 

dunt look too shabby does it? maybe worth a look. I'm sure theres some that will be appalled at the suggestion.  I wouldnt mind too much if we just turned up to be solid against leeds though. it is leeds after all. hate losing to leeds

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

dunt look too shabby does it? maybe worth a look. I'm sure theres some that will be appalled at the suggestion.  I wouldnt mind too much if we just turned up to be solid against leeds though. it is leeds after all. hate losing to leeds

Not the game to experiment in. Unless we can play a friendly against anyone, even the u23 ‘s to see if it gels 

If any of the Aberdeenshire Rams fancy and any other Rams fans passing by or are in the area and fancy joining us to watch this game, Derby County v Leeds Utd Sky Sports Wed 21st Feb 2018 we'll be in the Black Bull Inn in Inverurie, Aberdeenshire.

Feel free to chuck pies at the Seville v Man Utd section watching on BT Sport.

And if you'd like a go on the Banjo, just give it some welly.  https://www.facebook.com/blackbullinverurie/

29pothw.jpg

We can all enjoy a pie, a pint, 3 points and a blast of the finest band from Leeds on the Jukebox.

The good old days when a crowd enjoyed itself, no poxy mobile phones, or chattering folk, up the Weddoes!

Archived