Derby County vs Leeds United

Bwash_Ram

17 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

When did we suddenly become a 2 man team? 

Today aside, it wasn’t very long ago that we were talking about Davies and Keogh being the best partnership in the league. And us having an incredible spine, with Ledley, and when Huddleston started firing on all cylinders.

Pretty much every player ended up with their own appreciation thread at one point or another. 

As I mentioned a bit back… players have been playing well in partnerships and positions that suit them. There’s no great deal of defensive structure or patterns of play in the final third however. It’s all been; play well, they’ll win it.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are now playing at Play Off level but we are still in with a chance of automatic promotion.

Cardiff are five clear but we have to play themat home so we are not out of it.

Palmer to start next game. Olsson was poor (too nice)

First goal was infantile standard. So unlike the Rams defence.

We are missing Russell.

11 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Am I the only one who thought Lawrence played quite well?

I'm not sure which of his greedy, rubbish 50 yard shots was my favourite.

He weren't bad actually at times. 

On a scale between Stephen Pearson and Tom Ince then I'd put him at about a Ben Davies tonight

If we hadn't got something from that it would have been a serious mugging, as it was were still robbed.

we played some good football, created a lot of chances, and controlled the game for all but 15 mins when that little blond bloke started zipping around and we got rattled for a short time .... yet a couple of slip ups cost us dearly.

Hudds, great performance but why couldn't he have either hit the target or slipped it to Vydra, what a difference that would have made. Nuge ran his socks off but snatched at a golden chance. 

Olson ... Tonight's dunces cap for doing what he does so often .. Standing off his man. And he didn't learn his lesson. We need a left back !

Ledley and Weiman both effective 

Palmer was plain unlucky with the free kick, so very happy for him to get off the mark.

Still, we snatched a draw ... In recent times we would have blown it completely so bruised and battered we are still in it 

Next stop Reading ... Come on lads .. We need a decent win 

Just now, Alpha said:

I'm not sure which of his greedy, rubbish 50 yard shots was my favourite.

He weren't bad actually at times. 

On a scale between Stephen Pearson and Tom Ince then I'd put him at about a Ben Davies tonight

I would of said Gary teale a couple of pieces of good but then a few of cr*p 

A fair post match assessment from GR but he drives me to distraction by constantly saying "The reality is....." in his interviews. Him mentioning the fans leaving early was pointless. He isn't gonna change their mentality unfortunately. I think he may be feeling the pressure like the rest us. Ride the wave Gazza. Què sera, whatever will be.

Just got home. How did we not win that??

carson 4 worst display all year. Should have come for 1st and should have parried 2 nd wide not straight back out 

olsen 6 looked at fault for 1 st goal, albeit from other end 

Davis/ Keogh 6 little to do but let 2 in  

Baird 6 not much to do

hudds 8 played well, class above 

ledley 6 off the pace

weimann 7 positive and took his chance well 

vydra 7 nothing came his way but kept trying to force it 

Lawrance 8 best game for ages, ridiculous decision to take him off 

Nugent/ Jerome 1 both shocking, absolutely shocking. Nugent should have scored 3, Jerome no better. The decision to release Martin looks more foolish by the game. Spending money on Jerome on a 18 month contract whilst giving Martin and Bent away is unforgivable 

we must either try Palmer and Vyds as our front 2 or bag a free agent. From having 6 centre forwards we now have nothing of note 

Gary 6 set the team up well, not his fault the banjo and cows arse failed to meet. Taking Lawrence off was strange though, in the words of b4. He needs to grow a pair. If we want top 2 we need to be more proactive. Time to drop 2 CDM’s and get Palmer on as an attacking midfielder instead. No point dying, wondering what could have been 

Can't blame people constantly for not getting behind this team at the moment  .  A few thousand people leave with 10 minutes to go .  Probably at work tomorrow and they've just been feed 40 minutes of cack football second half.   If this team didn't have the ability to do better than they are and had been playing at this standard all year the crowd would be right behind them .  Its frustration

Over the last 35 years seen some good teams and truly piss poor ones .  Those piss poor ones winning 10 matches all season got terrific support even when battling relegation all season because the crowd knew they were doing the best.   It's up to the players to give the crowd something to get behind as well. 

If we could line up with Carson in goal, four Huddlestone's across the back, four Huddlestone's in midfield, Vydra in CAM and a Huddlestone up top we'd piss this league. 

He's slowly becoming my POTY as he's an absolute joy to watch. Had a slow (very slow tbh) start to the season where I had my doubts but he's grown into the season and is our second most influential player behind Vydra. His consistency at the moment is the only thing keeping me sane when others around him seem to lose all footballing ability and composure when the slightest bit of pressure is applied. 

9 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Whatever happens and whatever division we are in I hope we get better SUPPORT.

some fans really are vile and embarrassing.

even at half time I heard players getting slated. I think some people need to emigrate and go support Barcelona as it's the only way they will be happy.

Has anyone thought it’s maybe our fans affecting our promotion chances? Constant negativity, waiting for failure and seizing on it, pulling together irrelevant comparisons to previous season collapses in February and saying we are now suffering the same fate, for no reason or logic just pure superstition?! 

Personally don’t think so...but sure as hell doesn’t help!!!!!

1 minute ago, Mr Tibbs said:

If we could line up with Carson in goal, four Huddlestone's across the back, four Huddlestone's in midfield, Vydra in CAM and a Huddlestone up top we'd piss this league. 

He's slowly becoming my POTY as he's an absolute joy to watch. Had a slow (very slow tbh) start to the season where I had my doubts but he's grown into the season and is our second most influential player behind Vydra. His consistency at the moment is the only thing keeping me sane when others around him seem to lose all footballing ability and composure when the slightest bit of pressure is applied. 

Bang on. Since he shook off the injury around November time, he’s been class

Pretty meh really. 

I find it worrying how quickly we revert to hoof when the game isn't going our way. Granted a long ball got our goal, but it's not pretty. 

As for Lawrence, someone needs to have a word about those long shots. He ain't Ronaldo and not every attempt has to try and break the keepers wrists. 

Overall it was much like the Norwich game for me. A point from a game that we would have lost in previous years, but a game we would have found a way to win if we were genuinely top two material.  

8 minutes ago, Rampage said:

We are now playing at Play Off level but we are still in with a chance of automatic promotion.

Cardiff are five clear but we have to play themat home so we are not out of it.

Palmer to start next game. Olsson was poor (too nice)

First goal was infantile standard. So unlike the Rams defence.

We are missing Russell.

Yes I think Rowett said that on the first goal, Keogh & Carson didn't expect the ball to arrive so early. Unfortunately for us, Lasogga did. It's stuff like this that is keeping DCFC from getting promoted year after year. 

15 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

He got into the right positions but his end product was non-existent. I think Palmer coming on and scoring pretty damning for him, especially considering he did it in a fifth of the time Lawrence spent on the pitch.

7 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Lawrance 8 best game for ages, ridiculous decision to take him off 

Really? His passing, crossing and shooting was woeful tonight and ruined countless attacks. He's had significantly better games this season.

23 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

No. I thought he had a good game.  Good corner which created a golden chance, good run and cross for a decent chance for Nugent, good shot hitting the bar.  He kept on running his fullback on the outside, which was more effective than his usual cutting inside.  As he has become scapegoat-in-chief you won't get too many agreeing... but when minds are made up, they're made up.  As Fletch would say "graceless nerks" who find it impossible to give any credit where it is due.

Archived