Derby County vs Leeds United

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Can't say he looks much better than Nuge.

I see. So Rowett’s mismanagement wasn’t today, it was in January. Cos besides that, I really can’t see anything he’s done wrong today. This one is on the players and they have to suck that up. We’ve got a squad of experienced players for a reason. They should be fully capable of having a look at themselves and sorting it out. 

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

Fulham are enjoying themselves in the premier league then?? 

He got Watford promoted but then was wrongly sacked. They will be there or there abouts with him in charge. Young sessengon is having a stormer, Jokanovic would have helped Max Lowe to be similar.

3 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Entertaining at times. Leeds comprehensively outsang us. Where were the south stand!?!?

Thought Huddlestone played well. He really can find a pass anywhere.

Just feels like we’ve lost the luck/killer instinct/solidity (delete as appropriate) that gave us a good run.

Start planning for the play offs.

Carson and Vydra carried us

Sorry if ive upset anyone tonight I hope not. I think ive just seen to many false dawns as a derby fan. My first season was 1970 and for a few years thought the mighty rams were invincible but after Dave Mackays 1975 season as champions weve never really full filled any potential. I remember standing at Hillsborough and watching Gordon Hill spawn 2 lucky goals against us and thinking if only Charlie was fit this would be all different... old age ha

3 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

You can tell he's cheesed off with the negative fans too. 

Definitely.... 5,000 left before our equaliser. I’d have used stronger words than Gaz quoted. Fickle fans every club has them but you’re spot on Tim 

managers really piss me off no matter who they are start of the season GR  buzzing we had 3 shots all game and scoring 2 how clinical we are and saying it's all about being clinical yes fair enough now we had 25 chances we scored 2 but we had 25 chances, so what it shows the attacks we have ain't clinical enough simple we had a good 10 from range, we need to stop being so gready and start playing as a team, weimann motm for me 100% I ain' his biggest fan but they couldn't handle him today! Parmer to start next match Lawrence needs to learn it' a team game and it' not all about him, I get he' come with a ot of pressure on his shoulders and he felt he needs to be main man but vyds has risen to be the main man, so just play as a team. look at Johnny Russell didn' score loads didn' even create loads just play as a team player and work hard and 90% of the van base will love you 

1 minute ago, cannable said:

Carson and Vydra carried us

When did we suddenly become a 2 man team? 

Today aside, it wasn’t very long ago that we were talking about Davies and Keogh being the best partnership in the league. And us having an incredible spine, with Ledley, and when Huddleston started firing on all cylinders.

Pretty much every player ended up with their own appreciation thread at one point or another. 

14 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It felt like a McClaren-esque performance & result when the tide started to turn. It's probably one of the best we've played this season, but poor final decisions and lapses in concentration have meant we've failed to beat one of the worst sides to come to Pride Park this season. 

Huddlestone was MOTM for me, and I'd go as far as saying that was his best performance in a Derby shirt (since his return). 

It disappointing and now we're five points behind 2nd. I never actually thought we would finish in the top two anway, in fact I'm still having doubts about the top six, but it still feels like a kick in the teeth even for me. The turn of the new year really hasn't been kind to us. 

A good summary and I agree Hudds played well, but all he had to do was play a simple sideways ball to Vydra in the first half and we're one-nil up and probably don't look back (not to mention the failure to connect from a foot out a few minutes earlier). As you say, some terrible final decisions.

Rowett's post-match analysis was the same as mine. I don't expect Olsson to be in the team next match. Palmer's finish might earn him a start. Nugent had a lot of criticism on here when I felt he played well, but he snatched at three good chances. The only good attempt he made was the instinctive header when Lawrence whacked it in. Could easily have been a goal. If Palmer took Nugent's role would that work I wonder? I like Jerome but we fall into the Peter Crouch trap as soon as he's on the pitch and suddenly go route one, which is crazy when Jermone's very good with the ball to feet.

Just now, superzak said:

Sorry if ive upset anyone tonight I hope not. I think ive just seen to many false dawns as a derby fan. My first season was 1970 and for a few years thought the mighty rams were invincible but after Dave Mackays 1975 season as champions weve never really full filled any potential. I remember standing at Hillsborough and watching Gordon Hill spawn 2 lucky goals against us and thinking if only Charlie was fit this would be all different... old age ha

Totally entitled to your opinion superzak, it’s the beauty of this game. I can disagree with you on all accounts (maybe!) but respect it’s your thoughts. Together we are Derby and together we are stronger. That’s what’s  important !! SSA 

Very strange game, apart from a 25 min spell in the 2nd half we pretty much dominated the game. A few observations;

- Olsson could be considered at partial fault for both goals, first for not stopping the cross & second for not taking the man when he had the chance. I cant remember anything he did right going forward. Is he the new Russell/Marmite?

- How can that not be a penalty when the player raises his hand, no matter where he is looking, the hand was not down at his side in the natural position.

- I think Lawrence & Johnson had a shoot on sight policy unfortunately they were absolute ******** at shooting, how can you keep missing the goal by 10 yards!!

Another day we would have won this comfortably so I'm not too disheartened with the performance although we have dropped back on Cardiff, still think there are lots of twists and turns to go yet.

Keep the faith, COYR!

3 minutes ago, superzak said:

Probably need to get over that one, it was 40 years ago now. We are where we are, the championship, and we’re here on merit. 

Youre starting to sound like a forest fan - ‘we were really good once.’

We’re Derby fans, we’re better than that. 

2 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Oh god ! Forgot it was in sky ! There's going to be some keyboard warriors out tonight. I'm guessing we will begin page 40 by the time I check the forum again after the match. 

Page 42 actually :D

Archived