Derby County vs Leeds United

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Andicis said:

Too many draws. Some will say how it was a good point because of the position we were in, but in truth, we should never have been in that position. Both embarrassing defending. I've been the first to praise Davies and Keogh, but what are they doing for the first goal? Both of them should have done better, and so should Carson, is he coming or going? In the end he did neither. Tom Lawrence is the most frustrating footballer I've watched in a while. I would gladly trade him for Ince.

I just don't see the "potential"; for me he hasn't get the cognitive apparatus nor the physical presence to turn his possession into anything other than yet another goal kick. In stark contrast, Kasey Palmer is a rich man's Tom Lawrence. 

23 minutes ago, Spanish said:

It was a cracking perfect diagonal ball and a stunning cross put away with some skill.  It wasn't a duff goal.  I wouldn't be expecting Olson to be standing on his man for 90 mins.  I think he could have done better but he was done by a great ball.  Once that has happened it is likely that the defence is out of position which it was.  For me the biggest mistake was Scotty.  Where that ball was played is his weakest area.  He had more time and a better view of what was happening than anybody else and should have done a lot better

Every goal can be stopped with the benefit of hindsight though

Two centre backs one of them should take responsibility and pick up one centre forward ,buy hey it happens

10 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Am I the only one who thought Lawrence played quite well?

His first half was the best he's played in ages. Every set piece was on point, and he'd have had 2 assists but for poor finishing. Only had a couple of hopeful shots, choosing to pass way more often, and both were pretty good. Second half was poor though, but its a step in the right direction.

Weimann was brilliant and should have also had a few assists, was let down by mainly Nugent.

It happens. 

8 hours ago, Ram8 said:

Can anyone tell me how Rowett’s decisions to sell Hughes, and loan out Martin and Elsnick has not cost us big time, when all we have left as strikers are ‘well past their best’ Nugent and Jerome, and we have ‘journeyman’ Ledley in midfield when we could have had the vastly superior Hughes or Elsnick ? Tonight’s game was a perfect example of how he has chosen negative pragmatism over a strategy based on superior skill, flair and adventurous tactics .. 

The manager has to take the rap for this, there’s nowhere for him to hide, these were his (ridiculous) decisions ! 

There is no-one on here who's a bigger fan of Elsnik than me, but to describe him as 'vastly superior' than Ledley is absolutely ******* mental.

There's a good chance he will be vastly superior in his prime than Ledley was in his, but right now he's motm once every 3 games in league two, different kettle of fish. 

6 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I just don't see the "potential"; for me he hasn't get the cognitive apparatus nor the physical presence to turn his possession into anything other than yet another goal kick. In stark contrast, Kasey Palmer is a rich man's Tom Lawrence. 

Haven't seen enough of Palmer to comment...I really like lawrence,he played much better last night,but he's not a patch on ince.

ince always looked likely to some produce magic and score 

Lawrence doesnt.

Just now, SaintRam said:

There is no-one on here who's a bigger fan of Elsnik than me, but to describe him as 'vastly superior' than Ledley is absolutely ******* mental.

There's a good chance he will be vastly superior in his prime than Ledley was in his, but right now he's motm once every 3 games in league one, different kettle of fish. 

Which is pretty impressive given he's playing in League 2 :) 

I thought we were the better side last night. I'm a bit dissappointed with the goals we gave away. The first was slack defending the second was a bad free kick and we committed too many up. If a player is shooting why did we need to push so many forward?

Our second half was poor compared to our first half. 

9 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

...Poor old Nugent couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo and made several errors in possession together with some poor passes.Im not sure what Gary had done to him but he looks a different player from earlier in the season.

Perhaps GRs 'man management' was all used up on Winnall?

"Sam Winnall has told Sportscene that Gary Rowett's man management skills got the best out of him during his loan spell with the Rams..."

;)

4 minutes ago, David said:

Which is pretty impressive given he's playing in League 2 :) 

Ta, edited. I always do that when talking about the lower divisions, I get confused with their numbers being different to what division they are :D - old age.

16 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I just don't see the "potential"; for me he hasn't get the cognitive apparatus nor the physical presence to turn his possession into anything other than yet another goal kick.

The problem is the attacking four. Vydra will leave unless we sort out his attacking partners. Weimann does ok at times, but the rest are either poor or collectively out of form. Johnny russell made an interesting comment after he left. He said he preferred to play for teams who press high up the pitch so that when he receives the ball, he is closer to the goal. We sit deep and then hoof it. Those four have a lot of work to do chasing up and down and competing for scraps and second balls. You could see vydra getting frustrated. One incident summed up lawrence for me. Overlapping on the left with a great opportunity to deliver a ball across the face of the goal, he elected to try to cross with the outside of his right boot ??? With predictable results. Wtf is all that about. It needs someone to get into his head and alter a few switches.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Ta, edited. I always do that when talking about the lower divisions, I get confused with their numbers being different to what division they are :D - old age.

I will accept your apology and take the assist for enhancing your point.

Whilst Timi is doing very well in Swindon, we do have to remember it's 2 leagues below us and not get too carried away. 

Sending him out on loan was still the right call, this season could be key in his development.

God I hate football,, seems we are having the rub even itself out just now from earlier in the season ,that along with a big drop in finishing quality and a rise in defensive calamity s is seeing us drop points we should be winning where earlier in the season we were gaining those points with the rub,,, 

we really need to address left back position in the next window as Olsen and Fozzy are not cutting it,

vyds is trying to carry us and as a result is dropping too deep so not getting chances in the right areas ,

we played some decent stuff but drew,, where are we just now? ,,,, we could stutter a bit and be play off or just as easily click and go on a run for second ,, god knows but I think Palmer will have a big part to play if we do make autos

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

The problem is the attacking four. Vydra will leave unless we sort out his attacking partners. Weimann does ok at times, but the rest are either poor or collectively out of form. Johnny russell made an intereting comment after he left. He said he preferred to play for teams who press high up the pitch so that we he receives the ball, he is closer to the goal. We sit deep and then hoof it. Those four have a lot of work to do chasing up and down and competing for scraps and second balls. You could see vydra getting frustrated. One incident summed up lawrence for me. Overlapping on the left with a great opportunity to deliver a ball across the face of the goal, he elected to try to cross with the outside of his right boot ??? With predictable results. Wtf is all that about. It needs someone to get into his head and alter a few switches.

I think how we play(exactly how you described)is a struggle for lawrence...he seems to be spending too much time thinking about what he has to do rather than playing naturally.

9 minutes ago, archied said:

but I think Palmer will have a big part to play if we do make autos

Why? He's just a wild card playing out of position. 

14 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Why? He's just a wild card playing out of position. 

Because it’s very clear he has a freshness and spark about him and it’s clear too that there’s a fair bit of quality,flair and ability in there ,, the word is he can play in any of the three positions behind the striker ,if he can grab one of those spots and make it his own I feel he may be just that spark we need for the run in,,

why not? Two short appearances and you say he is just a wild card playing out of position?

Archived