Transfer Deadline Day

Barney1991

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I don't think anyone is saying we must "Buy all the players". The only area we actually need to strengthen is the winger position. We can't go the season with Lawrence (Not doing anywhere near enough and has nobody pushing him. Scored 2 goals) Weimann (OK at best but doesn't offer enough) Anya (Been deemed not good enough for the squad for the last 4 months) as our only wingers. Vydra is the only spark we have. If he doesn't play well. We don't seem to have anyone else. Whilst I wasn't Russell's biggest fan owing to his end product being poor. He was direct, he got to the byline. We need something like that but better. We needed that before Russell left. 

This is what concerns me

I understand the logic of a more experienced backup keeper - I can just about get on board with Jerome on an 18 month contract - Personally I'd rather have seen out the season with Bent and Martin and thought about investing if we got promoted but I'm okay with that call

Otherwise the midfield is pretty set and the defence is perfectly fine (£6m+ for Aden Flint as backup would be madness and replacing Keogh or Davies would be even worse than madness this season)

But we now have 2 wingers - Lawrence and Weimann - We have a youngster with potential in Bennett and a bang average wing-back who no-one really wants in Anya - We need someone who's genuinely going to scare defences up there opposite Lawrence - We needed that even before Russell decided to leave - Now it's desperation time on transfer deadline day and we're linked with a bunch of uninspiring wing-backs and championship bit-parters

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

This is what concerns me

I understand the logic of a more experienced backup keeper - I can just about get on board with Jerome on an 18 month contract - Personally I'd rather have seen out the season with Bent and Martin and thought about investing if we got promoted but I'm okay with that call

Otherwise the midfield is pretty set and the defence is perfectly fine (£6m+ for Aden Flint as backup would be madness and replacing Keogh or Davies would be even worse than madness this season)

But we now have 2 wingers - Lawrence and Weimann - We have a youngster with potential in Bennett and a bang average wing-back who no-one really wants in Anya - We need someone who's genuinely going to scare defences up there opposite Lawrence - We needed that even before Russell decided to leave - Now it's desperation time on transfer deadline day and we're linked with a bunch of uninspiring wing-backs and championship bit-parters

Johnson will nail his place on the left now.

And no, I don't want to see it.

6 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Just seen something funny we are to bid for Jack marriott from Peterborough who is a striker not going be true 

Marriott or maddison from Peterborough could both easily play down the wing for us, equally would be great for backup/competition for Vydra, would be great if it happened but it doesn't look likely 

10 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

This is what concerns me

Yawn 

Archived