Transfer Deadline Day

Barney1991

If we dont bring someone in today surely it has been a poor transfer window for a club like us who are second in the league and trying to stay there, Complacency may be setting in among some. I think we need to take 7-9 points from the next 3 due to them being oh home soil. Come on Derby, Ambition. Plus were losing lots of attacking options.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

If we dont bring someone in today surely it has been a poor transfer window for a club like us who are second in the league and trying to stay there, Complacency may be setting in among some. I think we need to take 7-9 points from the next 3 due to them being oh home soil. Come on Derby, Ambition. Plus were losing lots of attacking options.

The clubs in a difficult position, the squad is still large.

We've gone from a summer of, "OK, clearly things aren't working with his group of players and the squad is huge. We need to let a lot of players go, recover this season and build on from there."

To a January of, "We're Second and having a dip in form! We don't have enough players. BUY ALL THE PLAYERS!"

If we let both Russell and Thomas leave this window and don't bring in at least one winger ourselves we're bloody mental. Chasing automatic promotion relying on inconsistent wingers who've both missed games through injury this season in Lawrence and Weimann and then Anya and Bennett who've played about 2 hours of Championship football between them this season :lol:

5 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Just said this in a rams talk thread, but if you compare our bench to a month or so ago it looks weakened which I don’t think is a good sign

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

We've gone from a summer of, "OK, clearly things aren't working with his group of players and the squad is huge. We need to let a lot of players go, recover this season and build on from there."

To a January of, "We're Second and having a dip in form! We don't have enough players. BUY ALL THE PLAYERS!"

I just dont want to see us drop off completely like Leeds? because although its Gary's first fulls season here, being second/in top 6 for the majority of the season only to finish outside the play offs would still go down as being a disappointing season. I just think that if we were to get to wembley would we have the quality to beat a team like Villa/Bristol City? this signing could help push us on in many ways.

12 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

If we let both Russell and Thomas leave this window and don't bring in at least one winger ourselves we're bloody mental. Chasing automatic promotion relying on inconsistent wingers who've both missed games through injury this season in Lawrence and Weimann and then Anya and Bennett who've played about 2 hours of Championship football between them this season :lol:

This is just because you've got to change you avatar, isn't it?

40 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

We have let quite a few young players leave. Elsnik, Gordon and could also let Bennett and Hanson out. Add that to Bent, Shackell, Martin and Russell and we have freed up a lot of space.

I don't think anyone is saying we must "Buy all the players". The only area we actually need to strengthen is the winger position. We can't go the season with Lawrence (Not doing anywhere near enough and has nobody pushing him. Scored 2 goals) Weimann (OK at best but doesn't offer enough) Anya (Been deemed not good enough for the squad for the last 4 months) as our only wingers. Vydra is the only spark we have. If he doesn't play well. We don't seem to have anyone else. Whilst I wasn't Russell's biggest fan owing to his end product being poor. He was direct, he got to the byline. We need something like that but better. We needed that before Russell left. 

We are in the best position we've been in for sometime. Be a shame to let it slide.

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

We have let quite a few young players leave. Elsnik, Gordon and could also let Bennett and Hanson out. Add that to Bent, Shackell, Martin and Russell and we have freed up a lot of space.

I don't think anyone is saying we must "Buy all the players". The only area we actually need to strengthen is the winger position. We can't go the season with Lawrence (Not doing anywhere near enough and has nobody pushing him. Scored 2 goals) Weimann (OK at best but doesn't offer enough) Anya (Been deemed not good enough for the squad for the last 4 months) as our only wingers. Vydra is the only spark we have. If he doesn't play well. We don't seem to have anyone else. Whilst I wasn't Russell's biggest fan owing to his end product being poor. He was direct, he got to the byline. We need something like that but better. We needed that before Russell left. 

We are in the best position we've been in for sometime. Be a shame to let it slide.

Aye of course it would, but I get the impression Rowett's hands are a little tied in terms of incomings.

All of the loans really highlight how much we're suffering from paying over the odds in the past, and giving players lengthy contracts. In hindsight, Martin signing a contract extension while at a different club was madness.

Archived