Transfer Deadline Day

Barney1991

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Think we're going to avoid Liverpool and their penalty clauses after the Ryan Kent thing.

Yeah that's what I thought, but after being told there's no chance for McClean, maybe we're getting a bit desperate? I may be wrong, but it doesn't appear we have much money to spend judging by all the loan rumours and links to player who are old/out of contract soon. So maybe it's a loan or nothing

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

My inkling is that we won't see anything happen until Martin is confirmed out..

My inkling is that we won't see anything happen at all unfortunately. Anya being brought back from the dead suggests to me that we're struggling to find a club for him and we're also struggling to find a suitable winger ourselves. The only thing that fills me with a bit of hope is the fact they're letting Thomas go on loan, which, in my mind at least, would be crazy if we didn't bring in at least one winger 

1 hour ago, curtains said:

He wouldn’t be just backup.  He’d enhance us.  

But I trust Gary but not sure if promotion can happen with the squad as it stands 

You might be right about promotion but I'm confident it won't be down to our central defenders.

10 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

My inkling is that we won't see anything happen at all unfortunately. Anya being brought back from the dead suggests to me that we're struggling to find a club for him and we're also struggling to find a suitable winger ourselves. The only thing that fills me with a bit of hope is the fact they're letting Thomas go on loan, which, in my mind at least, would be crazy if we didn't bring in at least one winger 

Anya is an average footballer at best. 

Just now, EnigmaRam said:

The only reason to sign flint now would be to get on the end of one of Fozzys crosses as he balloons it over everyone normally and he may be tall enough!

I’d sign Flint because he’s a good footballer.  

Doubt we will get him as Bristol will want to keep him and can’t say I’d blame them.  

4 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Yes, that's I'm saying we shouldn't chuck £6 mil + at Bristol City for Flint and instead should sign a winger

Ok I agree but I still think  another CB maybe not Flint would be useful .

Wisdom at a pinch could do a job i suppose but I would worry using Pearce if either Davies or Keogh got injured  

Just now, curtains said:

Ok I agree but I still think a backup CB maybe not Flint would be useful .

Yep, I agree with that. If it was up to me we'd sign a winger, a young backup centre back and a different type of centre midfielder to the 3 or 4 we currently have. I wouldn't sign another keeper because what's the point of having Roos and Mitchell if they aren't even trusted to be backups. I'd also try and loan/sell Hanson. That would leave us with 2 players for most positions, with strikers having 3 options and Johnson being able to play both on the left or in centre mid. The only area then lacking a bit of depth would be Vydra's number 10 role, but I'm sure Lawrence can cover there if needed 

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Starting to get a bit nervous that there might be nothing happening now...

It was always gonna be the case, if our main target was McLean and we have waited until 3 days before the end of the window to find out he isn't actually available I have very little faith.

Although it eventually paid off we made a bit of a dog's dinner of Augusts deadline day too.

Archived