Transfer Deadline Day

Barney1991

Need someone with some quality and potential match winner out wide desperately. While Lawrence hasn’t lived up to expectations yet, I think he will deliver, however all other wide players we have our honest, hard working, disciplin d players without any real magic about them. Far too reliant on Vydra to produce the spark at the moment.

Think McClean falls into the hard working category and would much rather sign Maddison who has that special talent to change a game in an instant that we need.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, curtains said:

What you going to do if Keogh or Davies break a leg. 

Play Pearce? You don't go spending £6 mil on a defender whilst in the Championship, as well as some probably big wages to convince him to come, only to sit him on the bench (unless you're stupid i.e Villa) 

Just now, Millenniumram said:

*shudder*

I know he isn't great but it beats curtains idea of wanting us to chuck millions at Flint despite the fact our main issue is out on the wing. I know he is a very attacking centre back, but something tells me he should be the bloke in the box, not the one crossing it :lol:

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

I know he isn't great but it beats curtains idea of wanting us to chuck millions at Flint despite the fact our main issue is out on the wing. I know he is a very attacking centre back, but something tells me he should be the bloke in the box, not the one crossing it :lol:

You have to build for the future.  Davies is getting on now and Flint is a very good centre back that would enhance us.  

Pearce is not the answer either. 

9 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Play Pearce? You don't go spending £6 mil on a defender whilst in the Championship, as well as some probably big wages to convince him to come, only to sit him on the bench (unless you're stupid i.e Villa) 

Pearce blimey that would be a disaster 

Sure its been said already, but the ticker tape is really good.  Compared to every other football club forum I've been on, this really is the most professional looking I've seen.  Bravo.

In other news, what's the news?  Any hope at all of 'completing the jigsaw' (assuming we have any pieces missing of course)

Pearce wouldn't be a disaster.  I'd certainly not be spending £6m to disrupt one of the stingiest defences in the league 'just in case'.  Left back and a winger far bigger priorities (not necessarily in that order).

4 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Yeah I know mate, just joking, but let’s hope it doesn’t come down to him playing after that reading game! We need a bloody winger through the door or we’ll have to play bird there....

Ill get me coat:ph34r:

Just now, curtains said:

You have to build for the future.  Davies is getting on now and Flint is a very good centre back that would enhance us.  

Pearce is not the answer either. 

You say build for the future like he's 21, he's nearly 29 himself. So you propose spending a large sum on him, for him to sit on the bench waiting for Keogh or Davies to break a leg. Then when Davies is 'past it' he can come in and play for a year or 2 before he himself is past it and we need to repeat the process? 

I'm certainly not against signing another centre back (winger is priority though) but it makes no sense to spend such a huge sum on a 28 year old for him to sit around waiting for Davies to be deemed not good enough

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

You say build for the future like he's 21, he's nearly 29 himself. So you propose spending a large sum on him, for him to sit on the bench waiting for Keogh or Davies to break a leg. Then when Davies is 'past it' he can come in and play for a year or 2 before he himself is past it and we need to repeat the process? 

I'm certainly not against signing another centre back (winger is priority though) but it makes no sense to spend such a huge sum on a 28 year old for him to sit around waiting for Davies to be deemed not good enough

He wouldn’t be just backup.  He’d enhance us.  

But I trust Gary but not sure if promotion can happen with the squad as it stands 

Archived