what is the point of Lawrence

FindernRam

On 03/03/2018 at 23:32, lrm14 said:

As much as I dislike the man, Ince was twice the player Lawrence has been for us so far. Not that I'd take him back, his attitude stank but you can't deny he was a vastly superior player.

Do you know him personally then?

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
17 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Goals

I thought his goal celebration might have been having a go at his critics. He was due to give us a decent free kick TBF. 

50 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Goals

He must have performed brilliantly when our scouts were checking him out, prior to DCFC paying the big bucks. That's assuming we did actually bother having the player watched...... 

they all count!! keeper should have had that - but we'll take it!!!

he could have slid someone in  - in the first half

just needs to calm down and look for final pass sometime

he is WIP and can't fault the effort of the lad today - took some bangs and kicks for the shirt

Well done him - he stopped our rot!!

Thought it was another abject performance from him (and the rest of the attacking lot) today. Rowetts tactics don't help - boot the ball up and hope, but it was embarrassing for him to celebrate like that. He was poor, and the keeper should have stopped the free kick.

We were lucky, very lucky. 

1 hour ago, europia said:

He must have performed brilliantly when our scouts were checking him out, prior to DCFC paying the big bucks. That's assuming we did actually bother having the player watched...... 

Maybe I only saw the highlights / best bits but he always seemed to be scoring on loan at Ipswich. Might be my selective memory but I was pleased when we signed him. 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I thought his goal celebration might have been having a go at his critics. He was due to give us a decent free kick TBF. 

I think the celebration was a bit of that and some relief probably.

If it was me, I'd be giving it the big one; to celebrate scoring personally / for the team, and to demonstrate to fans I can play a bit and that I am actually bothered. It was an important goal so meant a lot to everyone. 

I hope he continues to ram it home with goals, assists, general play. 

I can't remember much about his (and others) performance; it was one those games. But whatever he did right, I hope it continues and I hope it helps him improve.

He’s a big talent, potential to be premier league. Has loads of technical ability, and a bit of needle about him at times. I read a stat that he’s made the 4th most tackles in the squad this season! Add to that he has more assists and created more chances than any other Derby player this season.

He is a confidence player though, higginbotham mentioned it on commentary the difference in him after the goal. He needs to learn to keep going when things don’t go for him. He had an excellent second half. He needs to build on it. 

Yes he’s frustrating but tell me a player like that who isn’t!! He is still young with bags of potential - thought these were the types of players we should be signing?! 

10 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

After the goal you could see his confidence soar, there's a good player in there, you will see the best of Tom probably next season now, but on his day he is deffo a match winner. Hope some get off his back a bit now.

It’s a very interesting question to pose at all those who slate rowett and older signings calling for young players and being happy to give them time performance and results wise yet we have spent money on a young player ( yes not peanuts but market rate for young potential at his age and level) ,,,,,,, look at the time and support he is getting ( myself having doubts at times ) ,, and believe that all will be rosy for those fans when those youngsters falter and take time if ever to be good enough at this level ,,, yer right

Saw him half a dozen times at Ipswich last season, always thought he was a good player. GR has struggled to get the best out of him, he needs to come inside more and shoot - He was lethal with the long rangers last season.

36 minutes ago, archied said:

It’s a very interesting question to pose at all those who slate rowett and older signings calling for young players and being happy to give them time performance and results wise yet we have spent money on a young player ( yes not peanuts but market rate for young potential at his age and level) ,,,,,,, look at the time and support he is getting ( myself having doubts at times ) ,, and believe that all will be rosy for those fans when those youngsters falter and take time if ever to be good enough at this level ,,, yer right

A very well made point, will these same fans who moan about everything, give the youngsters time to devolop when they are called up, or will they be on there backs, putting the youngsters in now could kill them, because at the mo, especially at home there deffo does not seem much patience around. And most fans seem to demand we at least make the play offs.

6 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Saw him half a dozen times at Ipswich last season, always thought he was a good player. GR has struggled to get the best out of him, he needs to come inside more and shoot - He was lethal with the long rangers last season.

Absolutely! There was one instance in the first half where we broke away and Lawrence cut inside 18 yards out... last season he'd have belted a shot at goal... instead he tried to thread an eye of the needle pass through to Vydra... amazing what effect confidence can have on decision making... I just hope today's goal gives him the boost he needs for the rest of the season!

Archived