what is the point of Lawrence

FindernRam

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He put some sublime through balls through to wisdom early on. I only remember one dodgy cross, no different from any other player. Vydra bottled a 50/50 tackle, where's the thread on that? Palmer missed a glaring chance to put weimann clear but went left instead which got it out. Where's the thread? Wisdom couldn't pass to another derby players feet, where's the thread.

its sad how we always need a scapegoat.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

He has potential. Maybe better played centrally alongside vydra in a 4141 but he needed dropping in december. 

Spot on needs more of a free role McCarthy gave it him If you check his Ipswich goals they come from different parts of the pitch Not making excuses for him because he's been real disappointment to me He was OK at Reading but back to being innefective again today Also Rowett bulls him up even when he's poor that's not going to make him improve 

14 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Spot on needs more of a free role McCarthy gave it him If you check his Ipswich goals they come from different parts of the pitch Not making excuses for him because he's been real disappointment to me He was OK at Reading but back to being innefective again today Also Rowett bulls him up even when he's poor that's not going to make him improve 

Don’t think he can have a free role while Vydra is in that 11 though because they both want to get in the same position. Rowett, I think, needs to choose one is more effective to the side unfortunately 

22 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Don’t think he can have a free role while Vydra is in that 11 though because they both want to get in the same position. Rowett, I think, needs to choose one is more effective to the side unfortunately 

Yes your probably right same problem with Palmer  but he's got a lot more about him than Lawrence  

Don't get the hate on Lawrence. Ince isn't getting in the Huddersfield team at the minute, they prefer Van La Parra! It says it all. Ince will only play well in a 4-3-3 where the team is built around him. Unfortunately he won't get that in the prem. Lawrence is a lot more flexible and can play in the 10 role if needed. He's also younger which makes him an upgrade in my eyes. 

5 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Don't get the hate on Lawrence. Ince isn't getting in the Huddersfield team at the minute, they prefer Van La Parra! It says it all. Ince will only play well in a 4-3-3 where the team is built around him. Unfortunately he won't get that in the prem. Lawrence is a lot more flexible and can play in the 10 role if needed. He's also younger which makes him an upgrade in my eyes. 

I'm not sure why you are hating on ince in response to the hate on Lawrence?

Both are fantastic talented footballers.

I'm a big fan of Lawrence and thought he was great for the majority of the match today....he needs to not let his head drop when it doesn't go quite right but he's a young lad and that's just to be expected....he's a big asset to us.

But ince is also a great footballer and was considerably more prolific for us...we are missing his ability to transform a game with his goal scoring and on the ball skill at the moment.

16 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

As much as I dislike the man, Ince was twice the player Lawrence has been for us so far. Not that I'd take him back, his attitude stank but you can't deny he was a vastly superior player.

Funny that you mention the number 10 role because I think that might be Lawrence's best role. He can't really cross, rarely runs at his man and his shooting is sporadic at best, all of which are vital attributes for a winger. His passing was excellent today though and his touch has always been great so maybe in a more central role he could flourish, although I can't see us dropping Vydra for him.

Always liked Ince. He brought something special and exciting. Lawrence obviously has the potential, just not properly realised it yet. But he will

I started this thread so now its been bumped by others, thought I'd update my views. I'm still not a fan for the same reasons, but to give the guy some credit I think he has improved a bit and looks a bit better. I do wonder though if that is due to the drop of in performance of those around him making him better by comparison.

Maybe he is trying to be a leader by example and trying stuff to lift the others. Not quite coming off for him, but hopefully it will come good soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived