what is the point of Lawrence

FindernRam

On 1/21/2018 at 18:52, 86 points said:

I'll say the same thing I said about Vyds - the latent ability is there and given a chance (ie. if not hounded out of the club) I think he'll do well. Defenders can simply stick the ball in Row Z but wingers need to create. They can't do that without taking risks and trying to beat players. Yes, Tom needs to play a little more heads up football but the tools are there and he's with the right coach so let's just try to be patient. 

AHHHHHHHHH The right coach i hope rowett isnt the coach but maybe he is and its him thats coached any out football we possessed

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, archied said:

Good reply , talk now and future ,is what we have now good enough ? Can rowett produce good enough if given time ? If not do we need to change managers at season end? If so who do we want? 

Tuff accuses me of shutting down anything that borders on criticism but that’s easy bullsjjt to shut down anything that points out all these all our yesterday managers and players didn’t quite cut it in getting us up and have gone down hill since their good season with us ,, put any suggestion to me on moving forward and I’m happy to listen and debate whether it includes rowett or not but keep banging on about bringing Martin back ,Bryson back ,Mac back ,,, I loved those times just like everybody else but it’s not the future 

I know where you are coming from but why negate our loan players from our future plans?

If they can perform better than what we have here right now then why exclude them?

You have gone down the "don't mention martin" route unfairly.....it's not as though pro Martin fans even brought him up,it's fans who can see a use for him(and Bryson etc).

Now if rowetts tactics,new players,gameplay were all hunky dory then this conversation wouldn't be taking place but he clearly needs to change his ways and those players would then possibly have a part to play...or,if he can't adapt and is replaced,the next manager may have very different views on our team makeup.

2 minutes ago, archied said:

Tuff accuses me of shutting down anything that borders on criticism but that’s easy bullsjjt to shut down anything that points out all these all our yesterday managers and players didn’t quite cut it in getting us up and have gone down hill since their good season with us ,, put any suggestion to me on moving forward and I’m happy to listen and debate whether it includes rowett or not but keep banging on about bringing Martin back ,Bryson back ,Mac back ,,, I loved those times just like everybody else but it’s not the future 

Didn’t accuse you, I said ‘we’ have a choice ie, this forum. Said this before but the ‘I think this so I’ll put everybody I disagree with in a group where I’ll tell them what they think’ is bogus and brings nothing to the table.

It’s happening here, as per @DRBee, no one is saying ‘bring back x’ necessarily. It’s happening in other threads as people want to make up a ‘Rowett our brigade’. Everybody wants the current set up to achieve, it’s not about looking at the past it’s about looking at what worked then and what isn’t being achieved now which is valid?

3 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

You have gone down the "don't mention martin" route unfairly.....it's not as though pro Martin fans even brought him up,it's fans who can see a use for him(and Bryson etc).

You have to wonder why Martin would want to stay at Derby - we fooked it up for him last season, if we hadn't unsettled him it's likely he could have scored more and gone up with Fulham. This season Rowett has sidelined him and loaned him again, but only to a struggling side. Any love he had for Derby must have drained away!

6 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I know where you are coming from but why negate our loan players from our future plans?

If they can perform better than what we have here right now then why exclude them?

Now if rowetts tactics,new players,gameplay were all hunky dory then this conversation wouldn't be taking place but he clearly needs to change his ways and those players would then possibly have a part to play...or,if he can't adapt and is replaced,the next manager may have very different views on our team makeup.

I’m very much of the opinion that it’s time to move those loan players on and that includes even if they are slightly better than what we have ,, i very much feel the time was right to move Martin on and as he is struggling to get a game at reading and nobody is offering doe for him kind of backs it up and sometimes things are just stale and time to change ,that does not mean that I agree with what we have replaced him with ,, i don’t get Jerome being brought in as a replacement , it was time also to move Bryson on but again have we replaced him? For me it all comes down to Morris getting a list of players at the end of the season that Gary wants and why he wants them then deciding if they are the right type to move forward long term and base any decision about Gary on that,, more than anything else this club needs to start looking and moving forward s this summer no more looking and going backwards and if that means lowering expectations for a bit so be it

2 minutes ago, archied said:

I’m very much of the opinion that it’s time to move those loan players on and that includes even if they are slightly better than what we have ,, i very much feel the time was right to move Martin on and as he is struggling to get a game at reading and nobody is offering doe for him kind of backs it up and sometimes things are just stale and time to change ,that does not mean that I agree with what we have replaced him with ,, i don’t get Jerome being brought in as a replacement , it was time also to move Bryson on but again have we replaced him? For me it all comes down to Morris getting a list of players at the end of the season that Gary wants and why he wants them then deciding if they are the right type to move forward long term and base any decision about Gary on that,, more than anything else this club needs to start looking and moving forward s this summer no more looking and going backwards and if that means lowering expectations for a bit so be it

That sounds pretty inflexible archied.....surely the best player for the job is the best player.

Why would you think otherwise?

7 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I am convinced Lawrence would tear it up in a McLaren-esque team. It's hard for anyone to look good in our current 'grind it out' set up.

I agree with that. Think about players that looked good in that side like Ward and Dawkins, they'd look worse than Laurence playing this way.

But Ward and Dawkins cost a pittance between them and were good players. For the fee we got Laurence, we should have a player who looks good in any side at this level, not a "he'd be a good player in a good side" type. 

That, of course, is not Laurence's fault and it's clear here's a prime candidate for The Gary Teale Scapegoat Award now that Keogh and Forsyth are out of the team. But I understand the frustrations - he's not terribly effective at the minute, and his signing is symptomatic of the recruitment issues we've been having for the past few years.

11 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

That sounds pretty inflexible archied.....surely the best player for the job is the best player.

Why would you think otherwise?

I am inflexible on this issue ,,, pretty much along the lines of why lots want under 23 s brought in when they may not be the best player for the job when they are blooded ,, I can go along with not blooding them at this point in the season when we are in the mix for promotion but make no mistake I really want to see change in the summer ,,, We have become very very stale and it’s time to move on 

This is where Rowett’s tactics get me, he’s managed to get the best I think anyone would ever get out of Weimann but has effectively left his marquee signings out to dry.

Its already been said but his only option is usually to go it alone, he doesn’t have a consistent outback from anyone, just unrealistic low percentage runs in behind from Nugent and Vydra. No one wants to play with him, there’s no short passes he can exchange or midfielder close to him as a safety net.

Lawrence would not only look better with attacking players close to him but a full-back who could actually overlap. Would love that player to be Max Lowe next season, I think that would be a really dangerous partnership down the left as Lowe has the pace to stretch the field and open up gaps for Lawrence.

When he’s playing confidently, I’m really impressed with him and he delivers. So get him into a situation where he’s confident.

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

This is where Rowett’s tactics get me, he’s managed to get the best I think anyone would ever get out of Weimann ...

That's not difficult when what he wants is lots of running around effort. That is Weimann fullstop, anything else is luck.

On 1/20/2018 at 11:25, FindernRam said:

I don't normally have a go at individuals but why is Lawrence at Derby? He can't hit a deadball, tackles like Savage, rubbish decisions and hopeless shooting. Just using oxygen in my view 

I thought the point of Lawrence was, a replacement of equal ability to Ince. If I remember Rowett's comment correctly. 

Archived