what is the point of Lawrence

FindernRam

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, FindernRam said:

I don't normally have a go at individuals but why is Lawrence at Derby? He can't hit a deadball, tackles like Savage, rubbish decisions and hopeless shooting. Just using oxygen in my view 

You clearly didn’t go to Old Trafford then as he played well and didn’t look out of place,he can be frustrating at times but show me a winger that isn’t at this level and I think there is a lot more to come from Tom a good player who needs support not groans 

Lets not start getting on players backs. We are 2nd playing good football, keeping clean sheets.

He is still young ,recently joined us and GR will no doubt have him doing whats expected of him to retain first team selection. Thought he was poor last night to be fair and no doubt he will be told so by others more influential in the club.

He is certainly nowhere near as good as Ince. Hasn't really got going yet. Talk of an ongoing foot injury. From what I have seen I would play Weimann on the left and Russell on the right at present. Having said that a few players had an off day last night, including super hero George...possibly his worst performance in a Derby shirt for me....

2 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

You clearly didn’t go to Old Trafford then as he played well and didn’t look out of place,he can be frustrating at times but show me a winger that isn’t at this level and I think there is a lot more to come from Tom a good player who needs support not groans 

24 appearances 37 shots 2goals 4 assists. Not good. Not good at all.

He's young, talented and has potential. He just needs a bit of time and coaching. 

I know we're desperate for promotion but give him a chance.

He played just the same last week but as we won, these type of threads didn't come up.

I was frustrated with his choice of pass and shot at times but you can tell he'll get better with experience and good coaching. 

To say 'what is the point' is harsh. 

What is the point indeed!

21 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He’s got skill but he’s not half a greedy *******! PASS IT MAN JUST PASS IT FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE!

Great run in the first half then he tried to go himself instead of playing the completely free Nugent in, why?!

Nugent had taken up a great position... with no one infront of him but the Keeper. As I watched this, i was thinking Vydra would have seen the pass was on... Because Vydra and Nugent have that understanding!

You sped £7m on a player for a reason, not to have to mollycoddle his development in an overstocked team. Is he a winger? Mid fielder? Ball winner? Play maker? Free kick expert? Not seen any of that yet.

He struts well, reminds me of Bamford. Wanders around but never seems to be trying too hard off the ball. I suppose he is useful to lower the average age of the team.

24 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He’s got skill but he’s not half a greedy *******! PASS IT MAN JUST PASS IT FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE!

Great run in the first half then he tried to go himself instead of playing the completely free Nugent in, why?!

Same could be said of Thorne in second half, had 3 runners in front of him and instead let’s fly from 30 yards...... swings and roundabouts 

3 minutes ago, Topram said:

We are 2nd in the league ffs! Don't start pulling players Down! Yes criticism is ok at times but all the attackers lacked end product last night ... it happens 

Wasn't just referring to last night, his record here is poor. After 24 games he should be hitting his stride.

Archived