Rowett Signs 3 and a Half Year Contract

Day

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

You need a reality check mate how was he treated shabbily  Only yourself to blame when you play games with your employer  Its called trying to have your cake and eating it 

Not what you said..... you’ve implied if you’ve got cash you can’t be shabbily treated. Also you’re talking to the right bloke if you’re looking for someone to “blame” themselves for things 

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

He was treated brilliantly.

Nice argument but I could write a book arguing the exact opposite. Let’s just agree that he FAILED to achieve anything at Derby ... promotion, trophies etc. Right? Failed! He couldn’t coach a team more than one way so he was figured out by every half decent tactician and that’s why we always lost at the end.

Derby is the only place where you’ll find anyone that actually thinks well of him as a manager. He’s a joke to pretty much every football fan in the UK. Everyone. 

Rock on Rowett!

So by your measures, only Jim smith, Cox and Billy Davies have not failed at the club.  And also GR has failed at Burton, Brum and here having never won anything. 

6 hours ago, Ninos said:

Go get some espresso and re-read what I said. I didn’t say Rowett would go to Newcastle (wth) I was referring to Mcclaren v GR in response to earlier contrasts re: handling the approach of another club. 

The only thing you say different here is that Newcastle are a bigger club than us. Well no sheet Sherlock, I know they are physically bigger but they haven’t won the top division since the WW1 era, and I truly think that Rowett (like many of us nostalgics) sees us as a bigger fish in terms of what we represent and what is possible. 

I never said that.....you said that he WOULDNT go to Newcastle because he (like you apparently) believe that they aren't a bigger club than us...? Fantasy stuff.

Rowett, just like every other player and manager will go wherever they can get more money, don't kid yourself into thinking anything else....its their job.

2 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Not what you said..... you’ve implied if you’ve got cash you can’t be shabbily treated. Also you’re talking to the right bloke if you’re looking for someone to “blame” themselves for things 

I've not implied any such thing that's in your head Just because you feel sorry Mclaren got sacked doesn't mean I have to He came back got paid what more does he want  He earns more in a year than the average worker earns in life time So don't expect any sympathy from me 

6 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

I've not implied any such thing that's in your head Just because you feel sorry Mclaren got sacked doesn't mean I have to He came back got paid what more does he want  He earns more in a year than the average worker earns in life time So don't expect any sympathy from me 

Show me where I’ve said anything about Maclaren on this thread......

Where have I said he was treated shabbily?

So if you earn a decent whack you are fair game to be treated shabbily? 

Have you actually read any of my replies properly? 

Are you just reacting to things I’ve not said?

35 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Show me where I’ve said anything about Maclaren on this thread......

Where have I said he was treated shabbily?

So if you earn a decent whack you are fair game to be treated shabbily? 

Have you actually read any of my replies properly? 

Are you just reacting to things I’ve not said?

No I've not read any I usually reply to myself ?

1 minute ago, Mistaram said:

No I've not read any I usually reply to myself ?

All I asked was why you can’t be treated shabbily if you earnt a lot of money...... im not the one in a tizz and plucking stuff I’ve meant to said out of thin air...... sarcy route won’t work here.....

3 hours ago, AdamRam said:

So by your measures, only Jim smith, Cox and Billy Davies have not failed at the club.  And also GR has failed at Burton, Brum and here having never won anything. 

Yup. Wouldn’t say that GR failed at two rubbish clubs as he overachieved and made them both contenders in their respective leagues especially Burton with the playoffs.  Add Brian Clough and Dave Mcckay to your successful list - the top of it in fact.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

I never said that.....you said that he WOULDNT go to Newcastle because he (like you apparently) believe that they aren't a bigger club than us...? Fantasy stuff.

Rowett, just like every other player and manager will go wherever they can get more money, don't kid yourself into thinking anything else....its their job.

I agree with the last paragraph sort of - but Rowett doesn’t see Stoke or another Mickey Mouse premier league side as his next port of call ... he’s very very ambitious and only the likes of a champions league contending team would see him leave us.

2 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Yup. Wouldn’t say that GR failed at two rubbish clubs as he overachieved and made them both contenders in their respective leagues especially Burton with the playoffs.  Add Brian Clough and Dave Mcckay to your successful list - the top of it in fact.

Would you say that Clough is overachieving at Burton? Got them promoted automatically to the Championship, kept them up comfortably in their first season and is right in the hunt to stay up again this season?

At the start of the season I would have settled for a season of transition with maybe a little flirt with the play offs. 

Expectations obviously change with performances and now I’d actually be disappointed if we don’t make the play offs.

I would fancy Gary to improve the team and embed his philosophies to make a serious promotion bid next season if we don’t quite make it this time. Play offs mean a 1 in 4 chance of going up, total lottery as we’ve proved in the past.

The way I look at it is we will continue to score goals and have a good chance of winning every game next season or we’ll go up.

Win win??

"Some were born to change the world,
Some never even try
But Derby, you and I:
We were born to cry
Yes Derby you and I:
We were born to cry
Born to cry............."

Some were born to change the world,
Some never even try
But Derby, you and I:
We are Derby all the time
Yes Derby you and I:
We are Derby all the time
All the time..........."

Just now, uttoxram75 said:

At the start of the season I would have settled for a season of transition with maybe a little flirt with the play offs. 

Expectations obviously change with performances and now I’d actually be disappointed if we don’t make the play offs.

I would fancy Gary to improve the team and embed his philosophies to make a serious promotion bid next season if we don’t quite make it this time. Play offs mean a 1 in 4 chance of going up, total lottery as we’ve proved in the past.

The way I look at it is we will continue to score goals and have a good chance of winning every game next season or we’ll go up.

Win win??

Was fascinated by the half season review.

Not least because I realised that I still don't actually know what his football principles are.

I don't mean this as a snipe at GR. After all he is delivering results. 

But even after listening to him,  it's a mixture of straight talking vagaries  (wanting more dynamism but recognising the value of experience ), and cliche. 

Onto the second half of the season carruthers! 

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Win win??

Pretty much my feelings. 

Wasn’t sold on GR going into this season and still unsure on what it is he’s about exactly. Was very worried when we lost the players we did and not exactly enamoured by the arrivals. 

However, look where we are. 

It’s why I’m a spectator and not stood in that dugout. 

Long may he continue to prove I know less than nothing about football. :D

Archived