Birmingham City F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

21 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Build me my Angel of the East Midlands statue, big boy. Ducks in the post btw. 

I was thinking a papermache version of this, spray painted gold. 

104466932-PE_Color.240x240.jpg.f85510caf47998aacb8dd205e22dc44b.jpg

Near the Burger King services on the badlands A50 border.

It seemed appropriate. 

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great day out, very nice steak pie in the box behind the Derby fans five pints of nectar and I reminded the Birmingham member of staff who said we wouldn’t win 3-0 well we did and my £2 at 20-1 on my betting slip had him cursing when I showed him!

we were fortunate to be ahead at half time and should have loads in the second half - Russell had a very good game and bamboozaled them with his goal and vydra’s was Just great but a round of applause for the three subs who all combined for the third goal and my nice little 20-1 

14 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Great day out, very nice steak pie in the box behind the Derby fans five pints of nectar and I reminded the Birmingham member of staff who said we wouldn’t win 3-0 well we did and my £2 at 20-1 on my betting slip had him cursing when I showed him!

we were fortunate to be ahead at half time and should have loads in the second half - Russell had a very good game and bamboozaled them with his goal and vydra’s was Just great but a round of applause for the three subs who all combined for the third goal and my nice little 20-1 

You high roller you!

19 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Are you retiring on your winnings or no publicity

2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Tbf mate, that's what it looked like early season, channel balls to chase, bypassing the midfield and so on.

Since then, it's become a more refined football of being hard to break down, quick through the thirds with precise passing to match. 

Since those early days, Rowett and the entire squad have worked hard to show decent defensive football can be combined with slick, attractive and direct forward play of the sort that seemed a long way off, a short while ago.

I've admitted my folly in calling the system Rowett-ball, as have many others, now lets put the past behind us and overload the Rowett express all the way to the Premier League.

I'll sit on the roof, early believers can take a seat.

Choo choo

But the football has changed since early season. For me since the start of December something has clicked and/or Rowett has got the players doing better at what he wants, The midfield is the key and Huddlestone, and whoever he is with , is not playing so deep. Instead of trying long balls many of which did not come off, he is much more involved and effective. People are saying there is more effort  and hard work from the players but its the way everyone is involved in defending all over the pitch that stands out as being better than any recent season.

I can’t believe I posted that I was uninspired by the football being played early season.

Away we are formidable, Home not as great on a regular basis mind, but loads better.

The football at times is fast and snappy, totally different feeling, amazing.

Great day out today. Bit of a nervous start but soon played with assurance.

Brum were pretty awful so it’s difficult to assess the true level of our play but the side look like they enjoy playing for each other and for the shirt, Martin included.

Friday will be tough and there will be long periods when we don’t have the ball but if we finish our chances we will win.

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Great day out today. Bit of a nervous start but soon played with assurance.

Brum were pretty awful so it’s difficult to assess the true level of our play but the side look like they enjoy playing for each other and for the shirt, Martin included.

Friday will be tough and there will be long periods when we don’t have the ball but if we finish our chances we will win.

Looking forwards to it though.......Another strong test against one of the teams that bested us first time around.

They are a very good open team which should make for a great game.....

6 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Didn't Napoleon always ask of his Generals "Is he lucky?"

.....but didn't he end up pumping goats on a remote island

10 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Ewe having a laugh?

Where were 'ewe' & your banter pre match!?

All *****NG trousers now ain't ya pal;)

Think you'll go thro not loosing?

March 17th M8:)  LOOK OUT - THERE'S A MONSTER!

You will reep your words & enthusiasm.

I have the control at my finger tips & will click at any given momemnt - President Choux is my BFF & he supports my desire.

Cease your progression, or I will personally oversee the destruction of your so called 'firm'

I will begin by restricting essential medicines to all the OAP's in your 'firm'

They will fail in breath & weaze running away from us.

Call the undertakers! It will get nasty

I actually think Vydras performance has been understated. He was nothing short of phenomenal v brum ... and if he himself was on the end of his own passes to Lawrence and Russell in the first half, he’d have had a hat trick. He’s creating a ton of stuff.  Poor finishing decisions is costing him a bucket load of assists, and that was the case v Sheff u too. Not surprised to hear GR exclaim post match: “he’s some sort of player isn’t he” 

7 hours ago, taff said:

You will reep your words & enthusiasm.

I have the control at my finger tips & will click at any given momemnt - President Choux is my BFF & he supports my desire.

Cease your progression, or I will personally oversee the destruction of your so called 'firm'

I will begin by restricting essential medicines to all the OAP's in your 'firm'

They will fail in breath & weaze running away from us.

Call the undertakers! It will get nasty

I hear from your friends along the coast that you like to 'swim away' after matches?

In which case, we won't provide lifeguards by the side of the Derwent

Archived