Birmingham City F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

Championship

Sat 13 Jan, 15:00/3.00pm

St. Andrew's, Birmingham.

Well, I’m back! @David begged me to return the winning feeling to the forum (he’ll deny it of course, and show some photoshopped text message making out I begged him no doubt)

So, *cracks knuckles* let’s do this:

This Saturday see’s the Rams travel to the second city for what is it seems a favourite away game for Rams travelling supporters. Here’s the guide to the local pubs and the ground:

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/st-andrews-birmingham-city.html#apubs-for-away-fans

We have a closely contested record against the Brummies, most recently winning away, drawing, and winning 0-4 back in 2014, we did the double over them last season, and the last time they did the double over us was in our promotion season in 2006/7 under wee Billy Davies.

https://www.11v11.com/teams/derby-county/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Birmingham City/

Well, we know we put up a good show at Old Trafford with what wasn’t our starting 11, so I expect the normal team to return on Saturday with maybe Wisdom possibly keeping his place, Ledley making a return and  Lawrence also making a start too, but what do I know?

Birmingham have won their last three games, and we have draw one and won two, so I expect it to be a close game, as despite their position in the league confidence will be up, if a little fragile.   So maybe with this in mind we ought to try to hit them early and not let them get too confident as the game goes on.  Mind you, they’ll know we are one of the best teams in the league at counter attacking football so will be mindful of not making mistakes going forward in the final third.

Will Rowett get a warm welcome? I doubt he’ll care either way, our 3k away fans will no doubt be in fine voice just like they were at Old Trafford and I really do believe that this loud support is appreciated by the players and gives them a lift in what has been a very busy Christmas and New Year period.

Lets get back to winning games, putting points on the table and scoring lots more goals!

what’s word on d’street?

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

Think I'd go 

Carson

Baird    Keogh       Davies   Ollson 

Thorne   Huddlestone 

Lawrence     Vydra       Weimann 

Nugent

Strongest current line up for me.

Reckon you've nailed the starting 11. After the U23 match against Sunderland I was thinking there's no way Mitchell can be on the bench for this, but I've just read the FIFA rules and don't believe Kelle Roos can come in because he's already played for Port Vale and Plymouth this season (and you can't play for three clubs).

Will Johnson and Ledley be considered fit? Unless there are a few departures between now and then, it's a congested bench if so. Subs to be: Mitchell Wisdom Ledley Johnson Russell Winnall Martin

That would mean no place for Pearce, Fozzy, Bennett, Hanson. Shackell, Anya and Bent were all in U23 action, presumably playing for a move away.

It would be lovely for Rowett to win at Brum and it would be brilliant for us to return to winning ways, at the very least maintaining the gap to the chasing pack (how good does that sound?).

Come on you Rams!

6 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Am I wrong in believing that the thread baton should have been passed on after a defeat? If so I'm holding you fully responsible @Boycie if we have a downturn in form that derails our season. No pressure, as you where. :ph34r::thumbsup:

My public demanded me back, saying it’s league games only.

I know, it’s hard to believe.

I'd go

Carson

Wisdom, Keogh, Davies, Ollson

Huddlestone, Thorne,

Russell, Vydra, Lawrence

Nuge. 

Subs: Ledley (if fit, if not Martin), Baird, Pearce, Weimann, Winnall, Johnson, Mitchell

Russell has impressed me more than Weimann recently, and Ollson really does deserve a start over Fozzy. Only tough one is Wisdom or Baird, but as well as Baird has been playing i thought he was quite poor in the Sheff U game and their goal didnt do him any favours. Thought Wisdom did well at Man U considering he was tasked with marking Mata, Lingard and Rashford all at different points. 

10 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

I'd go

Carson

Wisdom, Keogh, Davies, Ollson

Huddlestone, Thorne,

Russell, Vydra, Lawrence

Nuge. 

Subs: Ledley (if fit, if not Martin), Baird, Pearce, Weimann, Winnall, Johnson, Mitchell

Russell has impressed me more than Weimann recently, and Ollson really does deserve a start over Fozzy. Only tough one is Wisdom or Baird, but as well as Baird has been playing i thought he was quite poor in the Sheff U game and their goal didnt do him any favours. Thought Wisdom did well at Man U considering he was tasked with marking Mata, Lingard and Rashford all at different points. 

I had already gone with Weimann , Baird and Fozzy - but you are quite right.

They all deserve to keep their places, and the next match is Bristol City, so more food

for thought.

Brum fans are confident, on their forum at least.

I'm confident, of course. No reason not to be confident in any game with our lads at the mo - this is the sort of game where we could still get something if we play poorly.

I fully expect a dreadful game of football and I base that on all the times I have watched Derby vs Birmingham- they are poor games with only a few of them showing a decent level of football and having cotterill as manager it will compound that so this game at the end of the day will be about the result 

Watched Birmingham last month and they were comfortably the worst Championship side I have watched either on TV or in the flesh this season.

Gallagher was a little handy, but against a good team shouldn't be able to win it on his own. Otherwise they looked bereft of quality, ideas and imagination. Their fans turned on their team rapidly and bitterly once a goal went in against them, and the team just looked downright demoralised.

Recent results might have helped their confidence and morale, but if we get a goal and defend as well as we did throughout December, we should win this. Undoubtedly, this means we will be on the end of a shock defeat.

32 minutes ago, Kennington Ram said:

Watched Birmingham last month and they were comfortably the worst Championship side I have watched either on TV or in the flesh this season.

Gallagher was a little handy, but against a good team shouldn't be able to win it on his own. Otherwise they looked bereft of quality, ideas and imagination. Their fans turned on their team rapidly and bitterly once a goal went in against them, and the team just looked downright demoralised.

Recent results might have helped their confidence and morale, but if we get a goal and defend as well as we did throughout December, we should win this. Undoubtedly, this means we will be on the end of a shock defeat.

I saw them last Sat went to the Burton game with my brothers Burton ST holders First half Burton clearly best side should have been ahead missed two good chances Second half belonged mainly to Brum they pose danger with Maghomas pace  They try to bottle up the midfield with Davis and Keith very strong challenges give you no time on the bal Could I draw any conclusions that's not easy most of their best players remained rooted to the bench Captain Morrison Jota Adams Jukiewics  What we can expect is they will stop us playing and rough us up Cotterell teams always play that way  Hard match bad time to play them I will take a point now 

Archived