Birmingham City F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Working hard getting sorted without the ball becoming tactically astute — was his foundation for the fluent attacking it was built upon. Rome - 2 day job. Capiche?

Oh, I didn't realise Rowett invented footballers working hard, yeah capiche.

41 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Whilst I saw lots of 'Rowettball' comments and stuff about working hard, I can't say that I saw the ones equating 'working hard = low quality'.

No team competes and wins consistently without working hard. That however does not dictate a style of play.

My post was not a pop but rather support for the rowett ethos which was questioned very much in terms of no players being automatic pics ahead of players who work hard and buy into the managers ethos , managers like rowett do improve players or move them on by setting the bar on hard hard work ,, the harder players work the better they get , I loved will Hughes but even Steve Mac indicated that he needed to be far more committed in the seriousness of training and from day one I have trusted rowett in terms of who and why he picks for the team or ships out 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He didn’t Roy he just reintroduced it at derby and don’t for one minute pretend that to lots rowett s insistance on hard work was not almost a swear word with some 

Just now, archied said:

He didn’t Roy he just reintroduced it at derby and don’t for one minute pretend that to lots rowett s insistance on hard work was not almost a swear word with some 

Hard worked epitomised by the third(i think) goal against Milwall , Johnson running and stretching to pull the ball back from the byline for Nugent to score...I doubt that amount of commitment/effort would have been seen under previous managers... 

Just now, WystonRam said:

Have to be honest, as delighted as I was to see him score I immediately looked at the linesman(assistant referee)... having seen the replay I am sure he was ??

It was given so it counts. It is hard to judge from the camera angle and where the ball is and where their defender is. Obviously the linesman doesn't have a replay with freeze frame. 

3 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Have to be honest, as delighted as I was to see him score I immediately looked at the linesman(assistant referee)... having seen the replay I am sure he was off ??

Agree - he was in front of the ball and the last defender. Shall we call it 2-0 then?

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Some posters just love to hate? And you are one of them, admit that Derby are playing some great football, scoring great goals, have a great keeper and defence, and we have probably one of the best upcoming managers in the game, come on RoyMac5, I know you love Mr Rowett really, lol.

1 minute ago, Derby blood said:

Some posters just love to hate? And you are one of them, admit that Derby are playing some great football, scoring great goals, have a great keeper and defence, and we have probably one of the best upcoming managers in the game, come on RoyMac5, I know you love Mr Rowett really, lol.

I'm discussing a point in question, which was nothing to do with hating - some posters just can't follow an argument it seems?

21 minutes ago, SteampunkRams said:

Wow the atmosphere today was unbelievable! We sang Sam Winnall’s chant all match even when he went off ???? A shaky start to the game but the 2nd half was tremendous!! Jonny Russel was by far the best and made the foul of the year!! Well done Rams and keep up the amazing work??:D

You've got to be joking! Just go and read the Brum forum and you'll see just how quiet our support was today.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm discussing a point in question, which was nothing to do with hating - some posters just can't follow an argument it seems?

Show some passion, for everything good about this great Derby team please, why argue, when we just turned over the brummies 3-0.

8 minutes ago, Gritters said:

It was given so it counts. It is hard to judge from the camera angle and where the ball is and where their defender is. Obviously the linesman doesn't have a replay with freeze frame. 

There's absolutely no way a man with the world class footballing brain of Andi Weimann would get caught offside there :whistle:

Just now, Derby blood said:

Show some passion, for everything good about this great Derby team please, why argue, when we just turned over the brummies 3-0.

I didn't start it Ninos did! :whistle:

Oh get chilled, I'm just messin'. Plenty of good vibes going down.

Archived