Birmingham City F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Difficult to pick a MOTM from that, quite a few contenders!

Carson 7 - Did his job

Wisdom 7 - Caught out a couple of times but didn't panic under pressure and retained the ball well

Keogh 8 - Not as many darting runs today after he lost possession on the first attempt, but incredible once again defensively. Another assist to add to his tally as well

Davies 9 - Won every header against 6 ft 4 Gallagher and the only mistake I recall him making all game was the challenge for the yellow card

Forsyth 8 - Thought he did really well today. There was still the one over-hit cross we've come to expect, but defensively he was fantastic

Huddlestone 8 - Same as the past 2-3 months, did his job quietly, kept possession and put in a few decent tackles. Even nearly scored his 1st Derby goal!

Thorne 9 - Probably his best performance of the season for me. Was key in calming things down when Brum had a spell of pressure, won a lot of important challenges and was his usual classy self on the ball

Russell 9 (MOTM) - You could make a case for 3 or 4 players today to be MOTM and there wouldn't be many complaints, but I went for Russell just because he got us the opening goal in a game that, at that point, could have gone either way. Ran at the full backs all game long, probably saved a goal/key chance with that yellow card he took and linked up really well with Vydra

Vydra 9 - Didn't give Kieftenbeld a second on the ball and was his usual energetic self

Lawrence 9 - Maybe his best Derby performance yet. Looked full of confidence and Colin the RB for Brum is probably still dizzy after the number of times Lawrence cut the ball 1 way only to then go the other

Winnall 6 - Had a really difficult afternoon because the Brum defence seemed more interested in all marking him than any of the 3 behind so he barely got a sniff

Nugent 8 - Worked his socks off as always and created a few chances, 1 of which led to the 3rd goal

Weimann 7 - Don't think he had many touches but 1 resulted in the goal that killed off any Brum hopes of a comeback

Martin 6 - Didn't get much time but his ball into Nugent for the 3rd goal was great

So here it is boys and girls, my final drunken match report of the season.

Third 3-0 away win of the season. What else can I say. Time and time again, I've told people we've got nerves and ******** this year. Be that because of Rpwett, Curtis, Hudds, Nuge or Jack n' ******* Nory, I just know there's something about us now.

The stewards told me I'm not allowed to do the banker sign to the opposition fans. They can **** off. BurtonRam does what he wants. We turned up 10 minutes late and I forgot my ticket, so I missed the first goal and came in at 25 minutes. Who cares. I saw two-thirds of the goals and that's what matters.

Lawrence is getting better with every game. Same with Huddlestone. Keogh = Zeuss. Davies = legend. Carson = best keeper in the ******* country.

So, this will be my last night on the forum until June. Or should I say until we're a Premier League team. I'll make the arrangements with @David when I've sobered up.

Trust me boys and girls, we're ******* going up.

Up the ******* Rams.

11 minutes ago, McLovin said:

There was booing at the end of the Bristol game. Are the wheels starting to fall off? Let's hope so. We can all but finish their chances next Friday. Coyr

I feel like doing a Kevin Keegan .. I'd love it if we beat them :thumbsup:

Archived