Birmingham City F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I agree. Who thought that then?

Saw it lots on here with people saying rowett wanted a team of workmen = low quality and agricultural football ,no flair ,rowettball = long ball ,, unless I’m just dreaming it 

2 minutes ago, archied said:

Saw it lots on here with people saying rowett wanted a team of workmen = low quality and agricultural football ,no flair ,rowettball = long ball ,, unless I’m just dreaming it 

+ nobody no matter their skill level gets in this team unless they work every bit as hard as every other player === team spirit and team work

5 minutes ago, archied said:

How much do I rate Gary Rowett ,,,,,,, this is what happens if you can get good players to buy into working like ****. Vydra is everywhere , chasing everything ,defensively and in attack ,he is a god this season , just a note to those who thought hard working was a dirty phrase in football terms errrrrr no it’s the very first building block , Thorne played very well ,new contract time , if there is a pacey ,strong hard working potential prem striker with an eye for goal out there break the bank and get him in this window to cover/ alternate with nuge and be the future and we are going up

Star top  post archied

Something that has been missing for a long while. We have had some good players for a while, but so many times they have drifted off, relied on ability instead of effort (and been caught napping ) 

we might not quite have the best of Macs tippy/tappy plus raiding Bryson / Hendrick feeding off Chris Martin; but we forget that wasn't every week. This lot, with Gary are a team that are fighting for the cause and for each other and are consistent with it.  We don't wilt in the last 10, we move for each other even when there's nothing on. There's spirit in this lot and for the first time for ages it exceeds ego 

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Came alive second half,great goal by vydra and Russell is making his way back to form which I'm sooo pleased about.

Got to hand it to rowett,despite my reservations,he's getting results with this squad even when it's not pretty, which seems to be the way out of this division.

Well done to the whole squad.

Mealy mouthed squitter.

10 minutes ago, archied said:

Tbf mate, that's what it looked like early season, channel balls to chase, bypassing the midfield and so on.

Since then, it's become a more refined football of being hard to break down, quick through the thirds with precise passing to match. 

Since those early days, Rowett and the entire squad have worked hard to show decent defensive football can be combined with slick, attractive and direct forward play of the sort that seemed a long way off, a short while ago.

I've admitted my folly in calling the system Rowett-ball, as have many others, now lets put the past behind us and overload the Rowett express all the way to the Premier League.

I'll sit on the roof, early believers can take a seat.

Choo choo

26 minutes ago, archied said:

Whilst I saw lots of 'Rowettball' comments and stuff about working hard, I can't say that I saw the ones equating 'working hard = low quality'.

No team competes and wins consistently without working hard. That however does not dictate a style of play.

24 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Whilst I saw lots of 'Rowettball' comments and stuff about working hard, I can't say that I saw the ones equating 'working hard = low quality'.

No team competes and wins consistently without working hard. That however does not dictate a style of play.

He wasn’t ever going to build Rome in a day Man. It took him ... 2. 

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Whats that got to do with players working hard.

Working hard getting sorted without the ball becoming tactically astute — was his foundation for the fluent attacking it was built upon. Rome - 2 day job. Capiche?

Best manager we have had in years. Got us organized as a team and playing better football each week. Attacking play improving and confidence of players is growing with every win. Much better that the slow possession based football we served up under McClaren at times last season.

Up the Rams!

Wow the atmosphere today was unbelievable! We sang Sam Winnall’s chant all match even when he went off ???? A shaky start to the game but the 2nd half was tremendous!! Jonny Russel was by far the best and made the foul of the year!! Well done Rams and keep up the amazing work??:D

Archived