Gary Rowett “under consideration” for Stoke job

Nuwtfly

And I'll bet money to charity that Stoke are too panicked to go for a relatively new and unknown guy like Rowett.

They'll be looking for someone with a longer CV, someone more predictable.

They won't be brave enough to go for Rowett 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It's part of his job.

Anybody with fans will have criticism

Anybody with success will have haters.

Anybody without success will be mocked by some

Rowett will have been criticised at Burton, Brum and would be at Stoke. If he doesn't accept it then he's not going to be a success anywhere.

And the more spotlight that falls on you then the more critics think it's ok to really hammer you.

Guarantee now that there are Man City fans waiting for City to lose so they can fire out some "I told you so"

I think one of the problems was that some fans couldn’t let go of McClaren due to his success at nearly getting us promoted.

I accept not everyone will like Gary or his style of Football .

I think no manager would take any notice of fans forums, if they did they would all be gone after 3 months lol, Gary is happy at Derby, top 2 in a very short spell of being here, his next contract will be a good one, and we are looking good for the prem, Stoke on the other hand could be relegated, and are not one of the big clubs, so would be more than shocked if Gary went, hope some of the more negative fans, see now how lucky we are to have such a fantastic coach and manager.

Amongst all the journalistic hype I’ve read so far the only one that seems most believable is that quiet little sentence from someone we can say for sure is well and truly in the know.

Suspect a new deal has been in the offing for a little while. Any possible Stoke interest might hurry it along a tad. Don't believe GR has any interest in leaving.

Owen Bradley 2018.

40 minutes ago, curtains said:

I think one of the problems was that some fans couldn’t let go of McClaren due to his success at nearly getting us promoted.

I accept not everyone will like Gary or his style of Football .

The most mentions of Mac on this forum come from those slating him. That's how every Mac argument starts.

Rowett being slated for his early season football would have been the same if he'd followed on from Pearson. It was just ugly football and very average results.

He'll always get slated. He just needs to stick to what he believes is right.

Jesus Christ, some of you lot need to pull yourselves together, like hysterical women! 

Rowett will not go to Stoke, they haven’t even made an official approach!! 

He lives in Derby, his son is Derby mad, we’re second in the table, he’s got some of the best facilities in the country at his disposal. 

Hes probably sat at home, p*****g himself over his bacon sarnie at the hysteria of some of our fan base. I’ve no doubt a new deal is being negotiated with Mel and Gary just isn’t the sort of character to walk away from a club half way through a project. 

Hes openly come out and stated he was baffled at Birmingham fans claiming that he was tapping up other clubs behind the clubs back. He has staunchly defended that he would have happily stayed at Birmingham for the long term, as I expect he feels exactly the same here!! Im that confident he’s staying, i’d put my mortgage on it. 

Chill out and let’s all get behind the club for the second half of the season, instead of creating panic, create some unity and lets build on the pride and togetherness that was felt by everybody after the Man Utd game.

COYR!!

16 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Jesus Christ, some of you lot need to pull yourselves together, like hysterical women! 

He lives in Derby, his son is Derby mad, we’re second in the table, he’s got some of the best facilities in the country at his disposal. 

Hes probably sat at home, p*****g himself over his bacon sarnie at the hysteria of some of our fan base. I’ve no doubt a new deal is being negotiated with Mel and Gary just isn’t the sort of character to walk away from a club half way through a project. 

Hes openly come out and stated he was baffled at Birmingham fans claiming that he was tapping up other clubs behind the clubs back. He has staunchly defended that he would have happily stayed at Birmingham for the long term, as I expect he feels exactly the same here!! Im that confident he’s staying, i’d put my mortgage on it. 

Chill out and let’s all get behind the club for the second half of the season, instead of creating panic, create some unity and lets build on the pride and togetherness that was felt by everybody after the Man Utd game.

COYR!!

I take it you want Rowett to stay then 

35 minutes ago, Alpha said:

The most mentions of Mac on this forum come from those slating him. That's how every Mac argument starts.

Rowett being slated for his early season football would have been the same if he'd followed on from Pearson. It was just ugly football and very average results.

He'll always get slated. He just needs to stick to what he believes is right.

You like Rowett then. 

Yes or no. 

5 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

I saw that too!

17/1 when I looked this morning though.

Can see it being Martin O'Neill myself.

Yeah, 7/2 now though. Presumably that's due merely to the comments by Dorsett on Sky Sports and nothing concrete. There is bound to be speculation. For the Stoke chairman, Rowett has to be an obvious candidate, so at this point it's only natural that the odds are quite short. 

24 minutes ago, Derbados said:

COYR!!

He’s probably sat at home totally unaware of the hysteria of some of our fan base.

Doubt very much he reads social media and will only likely know if O.B or Gibbo tell him ;)

3 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Yeah, 7/2 now though. Presumably that's due merely to the comments by Dorsett on Sky Sports and nothing concrete. There is bound to be speculation. For the Stoke chairman, Rowett has to be an obvious candidate, so at this point it's only natural that the odds are quite short. 

I agree, if rowett isn't a candidate then the Stoke board aren't doing their job properly.

Doesn't mean he'll want to go though.

Honestly believe it’s time that a transfer window style regulation was put in place regards managers and clubs ,, ie clubs can only bring new managers in in the close season and if they sack a manager mis season can only appoint from within or employ someone not currently employed as a manager at another club as the amount of sackings and merry go round stuff is getting stupid 

38 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Hes openly come out and stated he was baffled at Birmingham fans claiming that he was tapping up other clubs behind the clubs back. He has staunchly defended that he would have happily stayed at Birmingham for the long term

In all fairness to them, it’s a poorly kept secret that he interviewed with us whilst still Brum manager :lol:

23 minutes ago, curtains said:

You like Rowett then. 

Yes or no. 

Weren't you the one who was criticising Rowett for going on holiday to Portugal during the first international break?

Just asking, because you seem to be hell-bent on scoring points over Rowett in the last day or two.

Archived