Gary Rowett “under consideration” for Stoke job

Nuwtfly

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, curtains said:

You like Rowett then. 

Yes or no. 

Not arsed either way. But it's irrelevant. I'm not criticising him. Some will. Wherever he goes, whatever he does. If he doesn't like it then he's in the wrong job. 

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Topram said:

I'll be very surprised if Rowett isn't on anymore than 200k a year 

But its total guess work isnt it. For all we know he could be on £600k a year? Why not if Clement was on a million?

We have no idea.

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

I tend to agree. A much more attractive prospect will be the sort of manager who has been previously sacked by at least 2 other Premier League teams. 

It will be!! 

You know what these PL managers and chairman are like when they're in the trouble. They look to the tried and tested. It seems if they take risks and fail that the loss falls more heavily on their shoulders. 

Boring recycled bunch delaying the inevitable 

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, LeyStand said:

Well actually we do have an idea by looking at the comparative salaries of British managers, information which is available with 10 minutes research on google. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/derby-county/8830517/Nigel-Clough-expects-to-sign-new-three-year-contract-at-Derby-County.html

So this article suggests Clough was on 200k a year a few years ago. If thats to be believed then I would expect Rowett to be on more than this today, especially as we are not operating under the same budget constraints we were back then.

32 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Stoke is only up the A 50 and is easily commutable. Gary Rowett could still live in Derby and manage Stoke. Martin O'Neill would probably be a more sensible short term option for Stoke given their plight, our situation and that Stoke would have to negotiate compensation with Derby which might take time while they lose even more games. Of course they could consider Ronald Koeman, Slaven Bilic, Paul Clement (who rescued Swansea last season), Neil Warnock (good man for a relegation fight), Steve Bruce (experienced Premier League manager who probably lives nearby), Nigel Clough (local), Tony Pulis again, Claudion Ranieri (won the Premier League).

He could take the A517 to ashbourne which would be a nicer route, then the A52

that would avoid markeaton roundabout and kingsway.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, RamNut said:

He could take the A517 to ashbourne which would be a nicer route, then the A52

that would avoid markeaton roundabout and kingsway.

Doesnt he live in Quarndon? If so hes probably better going by the crem and through mickleover and picking up the A50.

He has lots of options :lol:

12 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

But its total guess work isnt it. For all we know he could be on £600k a year? Why not if Clement was on a million?

We have no idea.

Exactly mate! I'd just be very surprised if he was on less than that

Archived