Gary Rowett “under consideration” for Stoke job

Nuwtfly

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Also we now get to see what the relationship between Mel and Rowett is like, under McLaren it was obvious there was tension, will be interesting to see if Rowett is truly happy with his current employment.

Stoke in the prem must be tempting.

Absolutely right. 

Is he totally happy at Derby. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not worried one bit about this speculation. Rowett stated the Derby job was his dream job. Nothing has changed and unless one of the big boys come knocking ( stoke are not one ) we have nothing to worry about. However he may well use this speculation as a bargaining tool for a better contract. 

17 minutes ago, TomG said:

As a Derby County fan, I would expect a statement from Gary Rowett distance himself from this speculation.  We as a club, do not need a repeat performance of the McClaren to Newcastle fiasco that affected the team's performance on the pitch.  McClaren didn't answer the question directly when asked about the Newcastle job and look what happened, GR needs to put a stop to the speculation before it snow balls out of control......that is, unless he actually wants to go!

It begins

3 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Obvious worst case scenario is he leaves. But he’s left us in a very healthy position. A good squad of players with no serious injuries, a squad that looks to be working for each other, sat in 2nd with a good chance of promotion, an owner that has seemingly learnt from his mistakes and has taken a back seat but has invested well. 

I don’t want to see him go, but we’d have managers queuing up for the job if he did. What will be will be, no point stressing about it.

No doubt there would be strong interest but who is out there who is available and any good. Most of the names mentioned so far on the forum fill me with dread - the 2 or 3 who would be a good fit are already working at clubs who are challenging us for a top 2 position.

As usual we “fans” are pushing for assurances that our manager isn’t going to walk out on us for a Prem club, when in this instance there doesn’t appear to be any official interest from the club in question. Who exactly does derail the club because of these rumours? Surely the manager himself doesn’t lose interest in his current team because he MIGHT go to another club? We’ve seen how the home crowd can affect the team’s performance. Surely if instead of being behind the team at the next home game all the talk is about if GR is going to dessert us it will have an adverse effect? Until there is an official approach, or another manager is appointed, why can’t we just support the man who is in charge? If he goes, he goes. That is when we should be giving him stick for walking out on us, not because some journalist has him down as “one of” the favourites.

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

Oh, above criticism is he ?

I don’t know.  

How would you feel if you got loads of criticism.

I for one hope he stays at Derby because I Ike the guy and his style of football. 

It isnt hoofball is it as some suggested a couple of months back.  

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

No doubt there would be strong interest but who is out there who is available and any good. Most of the names mentioned so far on the forum fill me with dread - the 2 or 3 who would be a good fit are already working at clubs who are challenging us for a top 2 position.

Add to the list our facilities, fan base (current and potential) with the compensation money we’d get, we could be the poachers for once. 

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

I know for a fact that Rowett wasn’t happy at all with being criticized for his style of football by Derby Fans. 

If he goes I wish him well. 

Unfortunately the minority with something to moan about sometimes have the loudest voice on social media, a bit like the minority who boo on match day when the game isn't going as well as they'd like.  Whilst I'm sure he rightly wouldn't be happy with it, I would hope that Gary recognises this isn't how the majority feel.  

10 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I would do the exact opposite - not say a word unless and until Stoke make a statement of intent and ask Derby for permission to speak to him. If he comes out now, on the back of what is no more than social media tittle tattle and says he's not interested in the Stoke job when he's not even been approached, he's going to make himself look a right big 'I am'.

Unfortunately it's another consequence of social media that too many feel they have to respond to every comment made about them by people who haven't a clue - they don't!

It's not just on social media, it's one of the lead stories on Sky Sports News this morning, just adding fuel to the fire!

2 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

Unfortunately the minority with something to moan about sometimes have the loudest voice on social media, a bit like the minority who boo on match day when the game isn't going as well as they'd like.  Whilst I'm sure he rightly wouldn't be happy with it, I would hope that Gary recognises this isn't how the majority feel.  

I think Gary will stay and at the moment he is very popular with Rams fans but he knows only too well I would imagine that things turn quickly in Football. 

He is doing a very good job at Derby County so it’s no surprise other clubs take notice. 

I hope he gets appreciated even if promotion is not achieved this season. 

He needs time .

Just now, curtains said:

I don’t know.  

I for one hope he stays at Derby because I Ike the guy and his style of football. 

It isnt hoofball is it as some suggested a couple of months back.  

It would appear so.

Well, I have one poster giving me the angry face quite often, doesn’t make me unhappy though, I just think he’s a nob.

I hope he stays, not keen on him as a bloke but happy to acknowledge he’s good for us, and doing a lot better than I thought three months ago.

I think the style of play is better than it was early on in his tenure and I think he’s still a tad too cautious occasionally almost like he doesn’t trust the players enough to play a team off the park, keeps them on a tight leash if you like.

9 minutes ago, curtains said:

I don’t know.  

It's part of his job.

Anybody with fans will have criticism

Anybody with success will have haters.

Anybody without success will be mocked by some

Rowett will have been criticised at Burton, Brum and would be at Stoke. If he doesn't accept it then he's not going to be a success anywhere.

And the more spotlight that falls on you then the more critics think it's ok to really hammer you.

Guarantee now that there are Man City fans waiting for City to lose so they can fire out some "I told you so"

Archived