Gary Rowett “under consideration” for Stoke job

Nuwtfly

21 minutes ago, europia said:

If the speculators of this story were to actually engage their brains momentarily and do some proper research, they would understand that GR would be taking a retrograde step moving to a club like Stoke City. 

Yeah it's weird because, when I engage my brain, I see Stoke City as a stable Premier League club with a squad capable of a top half finish, with money to spend and arguably one of the best Chairman in the country. 

Moving from Championship Derby County to Premier League Stoke City is not a retrograde step. Not anymore. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stoke West Brom and Swansea are poo and their players are fairly naff which is why all three will come down and struggle in the championship to be replaced by Wolves Derby and  Aston Villa much to the the relief of the premiership and the TV companies 

8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Yeah it's weird because, when I engage my brain, I see Stoke City as a stable Premier League club with a squad capable of a top half finish, with money to spend and arguably one of the best Chairman in the country. 

Moving from Championship Derby County to Premier League Stoke City is not a retrograde step. Not anymore. 

Very weird

52 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Here's the start of the betting on next Stoke manager:

5a5155018093e_NextStokeManager.thumb.JPG.5b1eaa08ffdb2f3f3f29b355c420e361.JPG

I didn't capture the entire list but if you keep going down on it all the way to Alan Curbishly or Bob Bradley (who?) at 90 to 1, one name not even on there is a certain Gary Rowett. If anyone is genuinely worried Stoke might poach our manager I suggest you get onto Sky and do a request a bet and put a tenner on Rowett at something like 100 to 1 and if it happens, at least you'll be a grand richer.

He started at 16/1 on skybet he's 6/1 so the odds are awful when he's not going to leave 

4 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Gary Rowett was quoted at 7/1 to be the next Stoke manager with PaddyPower earlier, but strangely his selection is now locked and you can no longer bet on him.  Don't know what's going on there.

Someone must be putting +£20 on him and they are working out his new odds. 

Blimey, if the current odds are to be believed Stoke season ticket holders are going from Hughes to O'Neill........goodbye Shaqiri, hello Walters.....

Sith Happens
11 minutes ago, Topram said:

No matter what people say it's always likely to disctract players! 

Not if they say nothing

37 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Gary Rowett was quoted at 7/1 to be the next Stoke manager with PaddyPower earlier, but strangely his selection is now locked and you can no longer bet on him.  Don't know what's going on there.

Yikes. Scary.

Well it’s a compliment to him but he’s too connected here unlike Mac who was from Yarm or something, and GR is mid project so would be a poor choice on his part. He’s not goin anywhere, he is too genuine a bloke.

You heard it from me first, Gary Rowett is going nowhere 90 percent of really DCFC will be pleased with that, but the 10 percent who can do better than any manager we have, will not be LOL, Mr Rowett has a job and to do, which he will do? And that is to get us to the premiership, also we are a much bigger club than Stoke will ever be, more history, better ground, better training facilities, better crowds, and we are a football city, in ten years time we will be in a better position than Stoke, so who would leave this great club of ours? Once a ram always a ram.

8 hours ago, Highgate said:

I saw that too!

17/1 when I looked this morning though.

Can see it being Martin O'Neill myself.

Not sure if Rowett is really under any serious consideration for the job - Coates and the Stoke board tend to do their business behind closed doors rather than through the media - but what’s the general consensus on his style? Think he could do the job at Prem level? Must admit that I don’t know much about him other than the positive headlines from his time at Burton and Birmingham. In the time he’s been with you, have you seen enough to think he’s the real deal?

Archived